Create Account

S70 SMJHL PT #6 - Playoff Dreams

We've wrapped up the last games of the regular season. It's playoff time!
Written Task: How has your team prepared for the playoffs? (150 word min.) 
*If your team didn't make the playoffs: what is your player going to do with all their spare time?
Graphic Task: Create a game day program for a playoff matchup involving your team. Must include 2 team logos and 1 render.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S70 SMJHL Rookies (S71 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, April 30th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

PT Pass

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Nevada Battleborn is spending some quality time and training to prepare. Some days a few of Nevada's players have been talking about some strategies and having fun. On some of the other days we have been training and putting some of our strategies to use. All of us have been eating healthy and getting into the playoff mindset by listening to music, watching highlights, and getting pumped up. Since Nevada has a bye week, we have a little bit of extra time to prepare. During this extra time, we are spending more quality time playing some games and just having a good time. Some of us on Nevada think quality time is the best way to get ready for things. That is one of the big reasons why we all spend so much quality time together. We have a few more days before we will be playing in the playoffs, and we will be as ready as ever.

PBE Affiliate

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

The Great Falls Grizzlies have made quite the impact this year, Finishing 5th overall with a record of 39 wins 23 losses and 4 OT losses coming out with a total of 82 points in 66 games i think is really great. The Great Falls Grizzlies had a great season to prepare for the Playoffs. With hard work and dedication we push ourselves to greatness every game. The Great Falls Grizzlies have build a team that will continue to grow and be one of the best in the league for the foreseeable future. As The Great Falls Grizzlies enter the SMJHL S70 Playoffs we will show that hard work and perseverance pays off. Round one of the SMJHL S70 Playoffs the Great Falls Grizzlies face The Anchorage Armada Who didn't have the greatest season and only finishing the season with 39 points in 66 games, That doesn't mean they will be a pushover this team has some great players and this is the Playoffs, This is the time that teams come together regardless of how the season played out and give it their all. So don't underestimate your opponent The Great Falls Grizzlies wont. To conclude this I will say that the Grizzlies are ready to play, and we will give it everything out on the ice. Good luck to everyone in the S70 Playoffs.

[Image: CL16.gif]
Sigs made by me if you want one, Check out sig shop.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2023, 10:51 AM by spidey.)

The team has decided to take advantage of beating dogs with an awareness campaign for the entire city to get ready for the playoffs. As we are opening up the playoff series with a game against the Malamutes. The Knights have teamed up with the SPCA and created an adoption partnership for the playoffs. The Knights will be taking care of all adoption fees for any Dog adopted during their first round match up. And with each goal the Knights score they are going to donate $1000 to the local SPCA.

On a player level, we have all agreed to put in an extra hour of video coaching and reviewing our season, weak points in our game and shore them up for the playoffs. We have also been studying the last 25 games of the Malamutes in impeccable detail as we see this as the time they really got their feet under themselves. We are going to look for every weakness in their game.

On a personal level, as a superstitious person, I know what can go wrong will go wrong. So, I have booked Vacation tickets to major hotels and resorts at the end of this week and next week. I did this with no insurance and places that offer no rebates or trade ins. Meaning if we go deep into the playoffs I am out on these trips. This is my luck by the way, and by booking these trips I have all but guaranteed a deeper run in the playoffs.

-252 words

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

boho didn't make the playoffs in his first season with the elk. womp womp. i can only drag a team so far down, i'm not sure what else i can do. but this offseason i'm going to go swinging. golf that is. we opened up a new top golf nearby that i've been wanting to hit. i'm also going to fly my drone around. i'll try to sneak it into some playoff games and buzz around people. let's see how long until they realize it's me. i guess i should delete this. anyways after that i'll learn to make some pizza. i've been playing a lot of pizza tower in my spare time and it makes me hungry. i'm pretty fat though, so i' should probably make them like veggie cauliflower bullshit or something. also gives me a chance to get back into my racing career. i'm only a poor smjhl rookie at the moment making millions of dollars, so i can only afford iracing.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

pt pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

How has the team prepared for play-offs, that might be a hard question to answer to some teams. Looking at the Locker-room there is a pretty confident atmosphere going around, at least for getting into the play-offs. Of course an important thing was investigating the Kelowna tactics after each training to make sure we know what to expect and what to do against it. Also finding out the Kelowna strategy of an adoption service we have decided to get a total shutdown around the Malamutes training facilities, and to ensure each and every malamute is accounted for, we won’t let us be adopted right before this important game.

In one of the days that there was no training we also decided to go to an museum, to see real knight armor and see where the weak spots are in that armor, finding out they might be a lot less agile than what our dog harnesses would allow. On top of this we have trained and send out our dog fan group in Kelowna to spy on the Kelowna training, and find out what tactics they are training on.

[194 words]

Already with one of the best defences of the league at the moment with Rikaad Metzller, and Isak Sogard with 9, the Knights are locked down for a defensive game. The Knights in the playoffs are playing against the malamutes which is tied to the Knights with 69 points both with 31 wins, 28 losses, and 7 overtime losses. The malamutes are more offensive than defensive. This shows in the Malamutes and Knights game one, where the Knights were down 2 even after the goal from the Knights because they scored right back but in the 3 period the Malamutes defence shattered with 3 goals. We never really know though because it's the playoffs and in game 2 the malamutes did have good defence. If the Knights can block those important shots, then the Knights might have a chance of the cup. What i'm saying is that, if the Knights keep up this pace of good scoring and good defence then our team has a good chance of being the best team in the playoffs.

[Image: hbtB38x.png]
                                                  Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic for the sig!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: 8FZ99SX.jpeg]

Sitting in this series against the Carolina Kraken down 3-1, I’m honestly wishing we did more to prepare. It seems like we need it. They have just dominated us in all facets of the game, something that was totally unexpected. We were the better team throughout the season and had a better record. To be fair, they must’ve just prepared even harder, because we definitely prepared a fair amount. We worked hard to earn every last bit of TPE we could before the pre playoff update. I have definitely been on top of my training and my tasks, and I know my teammates have too. Sometimes I guess it’s better to be lucky than good. I’m not discounting Carolina, they definitely have skills. But perhaps we didn’t gameplan for them enough, and took them too lightly. The series isn’t over yet, there’s plenty of time to show how prepared we are and come back from a 3-0 hole. One down. Three to go.

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

So we definitely did not make the playoffs this season, but we didn’t really expect to make the playoffs either. I think this offseason, at least for Dominik, is going to be working on refining the things that made him successful this season but also trying to grow with the things that he struggled on as well. Defensively, Winters was a strong player for the Crows but also among the league on a whole and a great center with his ability to win faceoffs being near the top for centers on a whole. I would expect to see him working on his offensive abilities; the shooting, passing, skating type abilities during the offseason to hopefully take a big step forward next season and propel the Crows forward. If Winters is able to do this, I think he’s going to be in a great position for the next season and to help St. Louis succeed.

WC: 154

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: 6bdkPCS.png]

Well St. Louis didn't make the playoffs so this part of the season is annoying and boring, while we didn't expect to make the playoffs it still sucks not to play in it. Even though we aren't playing the training doesn't stop, me and trainer go over my film and look to see if there's any tendencies I need to break or improve on. We do that for a week or two letting my body rest up then we do on ice training. Of course I watch the playoff games and follow it, I don't really root for any other team so it's nice to just enjoy good hockey. After the film study and workouts are down I take a vacation so I can relax my body and my mind. While on vacation I do light workouts but mostly enjoy the time off with my friends and family. All this helps me come back prepared physically and mentally for preseason.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]