Create Account

S70 PT #5: The Grand Finale

Player Prompt:

Beck's season went well. On the team front, Winnipeg is still in its machine-like prime and bagging win after win. Until we lost yesterday to Chicago, Winnipeg was on a 30 game winning streak. That is seriously impressive and Beck played a small role in that success. Beck played on the second pair for the first time in like five or so seasons because of the emergence of O'Neil and Kinsinger. Despite the lowest average time on ice of his career, Beck had 37 even strength points - the most in his career. His supporting numbers were high too and he was all around effective. His loss of PP time affected his numbers being at Steven or Biscuit levels this year, but he is happy with the season he had. As more and more seasons go by, he is inching closer to some all-time franchise records. The one last thing he needs this season is a cup to add to his trophy room.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Ace Lightning's season with Nevada went about as okay as you would hope, being a second year player in the SMJHL. He smashed through all personal records, scoring 9 goals and 39 points, while leading the league in penalty minutes with 62, including two fights. His hitting was spectacular, and he blocked 30 more shots from last year to now. This was all being done without much special teams time. Nevada as a whole did much better, finishing with 10 more wins and winning the division. As the third defenseman sitting behind two studs in Brown and Dubolk, Lightning is very happy being a complimentary piece on the backend, but is looking forward to a bigger role with the club next season. Will we be better statistically? Hard to say, but if we don't win the cup this season, I think there is a good chance that we could make a serious run next year.

Regression does seem to be biting me a bit at this point. I had an amazing season in season 68, then we went on to win the cup in 69 and we are in a great spot to make another run here in season 70 but I personally have not been close to the quality of play that I had back in season 68. I am loving the team success but on the personal side it feels like my career is winding down a bit. 46 points in 66 games is definitely nothing to scoff at. Lots of players would love to be hitting those numbers, but it does feel like sliding backwards a bit when I look back at that 71 point season. I am playing an average of 2 minutes less per night, and that appears to be making a lot of difference in the points total. I did hit a career high for plus minus though, which is nice.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Graj made the swap from defenseman to forward prior to this season, which is not something he ever anticipated doing, but it does give him the unique accolade of being the only player in recent memory if not all of history who has played goalie, defenseman, and forward all in his career. With that being said, my expectations for myself this season were pretty simple - maintain a +/- of +25 or so, increase my number of goals scored by a pretty good amount, probably +10 to previous seasons, and try to double my points totals. I was lucky enough to be paired on a line with budding superstar Red Kirkby this season, which means that I was able to blow my expectations out of the water. Not only did he score more goals than the previous seasons, he scored 6 times as many goals in one season as he did in his two seasons as a defenseman, and with 16 more assists than his best assist season, he was able to score 80 points, more than his previous two seasons combined with a bit of room to spare as well. He also finished with +54, nearly as good as his previous season as a defenseman. Suffice it to say that Graj is going to hope and pray that the can keep up this kind of production throughout his career, which in the early stages is looking quite promising.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

I will not lie, I'm really disappointed with how my season went. Went from best dman in the league to being pretty shitty so it sucked. As a team we struggled in general and after winning the Cup last season, it's sad to see us do so badly. Our defense, which I'm a part of, even if I'm focusing more on offense, did horribly and you can't win games when you're one of the teams who gives up the most goals in the league. I was hoping we would do better in the playoffs but we got eliminated in the first round and although we didn't lose in 4, it wasn't exactly close either. A lot of us will be able to unbank a bit next season so hopefully that helps us be competitive. We'll lose some good people but with a good draft we should be OK.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

PBE Affiliate DirkDigglet -> DorkDipplet

Well, I will not be blackmailed by some ineffectual, privileged, effete, soft-penised, debutante. You want to start a street fight with me bring it on but you're gonna be surprised by how ugly it gets, you don't even know my real name- 

[Image: Muon-Collider-Sig.gif?ex=6581fbe3&is=656...5534def5e&]

Player prompt

Well Dusty Rhodes rookie season was kind of meh. He managed just about a half a point a game which isn't terrible for a rookie on the third line. He was also among the team leaders in hits and was a decent option for faceoffs when the centre was tossed. However Rhodes was built to be a bruiser and once again failed to get into any altercations where he could drop the gloves. Have to say this is hugely disappointing and shows just how un nhl like FHM truly is. Guys score insane amounts of points and there is basically no physicality. Just like 66 glorified all star games. I'm more of a tradilionalist and I'd like to see us use an engine that was more realistic and true to the NHL game but there is slim to no chance of that ever happening here. So don't really know where to go with Rhodes at this point. Guess I may as well just clone him like everyone else and say the hell with the individuality that I was hoping for.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Unfortunately for Chimkin Wing, his arch nemesis (Chimkin Wing) did not get fired into the sun. In fact, he'll probably be back in the top six next season, which is beyond stupid on the general managers' part, but I guess the general managers just are not super focused on putting a successful product on the ice. Maybe when Chimkin Wing becomes old and decrepit enough that he can no longer skate, they will finally let his bloated and rotting corpse rest. Until then, Chimkin Wing will continue to train and rack up as much money as he possibly can so he can flex on everyone else who "only" has a couple million dollars in their bank. Paying Chimkin Wing for "playing" hockey should probably be a crime, but I guess the Buffalo general managers are okay with it, so he won't complain and he will keep accepting the pay checks. Maybe next year.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

This season was my last in the J, and it went better than expected for sure. On a personal level I set new career highs in goals, assists, points, shots, hits, GR, OGR, and my favourite DGR, takeaways, lowest giveaways. So I pretty much crushed it. My underlining advanced stats were not quite as good as last season, but still quite up there so nothing to be ashamed about. I would like to think that helped the team improve, as we were firing on all cylinders most of the season. Team wise, I captained us to our best finish since I was drafted, watching us improve every year which was really the most exciting part of the season. There is still a lot more work to do with the playoffs still going on, and I feel we can win it all. Playing top pairing minutes was nice and I am sure gave me that extra boost both in stats and confidence to make the jump to the SHL next year with New Orleans.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

PLAYER PROMPT - Time for a season retrospective!

For Brendan Laroux first season in the big league, it has been a lot harder than I would had tought it would be, but I don't think I could have had a better rookie season. First, let's start with the negative. Sadly, even if 13 goals can be impressive, I got shy of is objective of 15 that I setted for myself at the start of the season. 15 is a lot for a D in the SHL but it wasn't irrealist. The start of the season was great and I was in the top 10 for a long period but ended the season with a slump, 1 goal in the last 20 games only. but I can't stay focussed on the negative, in the end, I topped the rookies defensemens in goals and points, 4 more points than Nathaniel Barca and 4 more goals than Louis Perreault and also having the most shots and hits. Only his +/- is way less impressive, with a -29 but playing with a young team it was expected. If it wasn't for his teammate Alex Piastry who had one hell of a season, I could had dreamed of the best rookie award. So that's why, even if my personal objectives weren't met, I think I had a great season.

[Image: uktCsuX.png]

From a personal standpoint, this season was a super success for Louise St. Martin, who may be looking at her first All-Star appearance. In the regular season, she finished sixth amongst defenders in scoring, while also sitting at second on the Blizzard in ice time (just pipped by Luke Laraque, mostly because she generally does not kill penalties). She also cut down on penalty minutes significantly, produced more at full strength, continued to take good care of the puck with just 14 giveaways all season, created more turnovers and transition opportunities for her team through giveaways, and even blocked more shots. From a team standpoint, going out in the first round is a bit of a minor step back, but as a wise Greek philosopher named Giannis once said, it's not a failure, it is a step to success. We're hitting the start of the window soon, and I fully believe in this group to do some serious damage soon.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

Code:
Written Task:  Tell me about how your season went. Did you exceed expectations? Is regression starting to bite? Did you set a new career high? Did your team do better or worse? How did you factor there? What are your hopes for the playoffs - this year or next? (150+ words)
Entering his 3rd season with the Armada Oskar set the bar quite high for himself. He came off a strong year leading the team in goals and points and was hoping to build off it again in his 3rd season. While he did set a new career high in points, he scored fewer goals and his surrounding stats were much worse, especially his +/- rating which went from a -5 to a -50. This is in large part to the team as a whole that lost several of it's big name players to the SHL which propelled the Armada to a league worst -163 goal differential, 16 wins and 39 points in the standings. It was a rough season for the Armada who are set to begin a rebuild. Unfortunately last season was likely Scholz' best chance at playoff success in an Armada jersey as he's likely to make the jump to San Francisco in the SHL in the next season or two and the Armada are loading up for future playoff runs.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Jarrod Lakemore's season long feud with his special team's coach has come to a conclusion, though not exactly a decisive one, one way or the other. With Lakemore moving on to the SHL next season, there really was no need in the eyes of upper management to make any sort of change. Coach Taylor will keep his job with QCC, and next season Lakemore will be suiting up for Buffalo. Lakemore and Taylor still share a mutual dislike, and Lakemore vows to never play for Taylor again, should he somehow find his way into a SHL coaching job. As for Taylor, he only bemoaned the fact that Lakemore was in St. Louis during his draft year so he had no opportunity to besmirch his name when SHL teams came calling about potentially drafting the Center. For now, Taylor will have to set his sights on a new scapegoat in QCC with Lakemore gone. (155 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Player Prompt

I can't say that my player had exceeded the expectations I had for him. The team is exactly in the position I was expecting, but statistically, my player had a rough season. The goal was to get at least 20 victories and I got 21 so there is that. But the GAA and SV% were really bad and I hope that having a more active team will help to team getting better and that will improve my stats. Goalie TPE doesn't matter so I will rely a lot on the team to improve my stats.

It's only my second season, so yes I got more victories and one more game, but like I said, my personal statistic were not better.

Our team got better, first time since I'm in the Texas management that we are not in the top 8 worst team in the league. Playoffs were not great, we got beat in 4 games by Seattle. A way more mature team and a lot better than us, but except the first game, the others had only a difference of two goals so they were close games.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]