Create Account

Bellamy Blake Talks Draft Destinations (East)
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2023, 10:38 AM by RainDelay. Edited 3 times in total.)

Hey all, this isn’t meant to be totally in depth, the goal of this isn’t to make a boatload of cash. It’s more just meant to share some quick thoughts on each team ahead of the draft. I’m gonna keep it real as I always do when I’m speaking about the teams, and if I happen to say anything negative keep in mind it’s not about any users or GMs, there just may be some reason or another why I think a franchise isn’t for me. Anyways, these aren’t ranked it’s just in conference alphabetical order. So let’s get into it. First, the Eastern Conference. I’ll probably put Western in a separate article.

Inferno Atlanta Inferno - I don’t know much about this team, but @hotdog , @Jepox and @sakrosankt are awesome and I’d be down to play with them again in this capacity. Cool branding and cool city too, love the south! I feel like I’d be able to proudly rep Atlanta. Rating: 7.5 out of 10

Platoon Baltimore Platoon - Back to my old stomping grounds? Sure, I’d be down! I miss the days of the West Kendall Platoon and maybe I could recapture some of that magic. @hhh81 is really cool and if @liebolda is as awesome as his brother @Hungy Fella then I know I’d fit in here. You can take the Platoon out of Florida but you can’t take the Platoon out of the player! Rating: 8.5 out of 10

Stampede Buffalo Stampede - The city of Buffalo really just ain’t it for me, although it’s not as much of a dealbreaker as a couple other cities on this list. Haven’t spoken to anyone from management so I find it unlikely I’m going there anyway. I have heard nice things about the team so I’d wish them the best, but as of this current moment I don’t see this as the best fit for Bellamy Blake. Ya never know, though! Rating: 4 out of 10

Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks - I don’t really think I’m going to be a Steelhawk, but then again I didn’t think I’d be a Whaler and look at me now. They do get bonus points for having @aleks and @ArmTheSharks , my wonderful GMs in the junior league. Also it would be funny and cool if @Rotti drafted me after I drafted him years ago in the ISFL. Sometimes stories come full circle! Rating: 7 out of 10

Rage Manhattan Rage - Despite actually being from New York I’m lukewarm on this team. For some reason I’ve never been able to quite warm up to the current logo and color scheme. I liked the old bear better. However I’m definitely not writing them off, and being a hometown kid in real life would add to some of the fun, getting NY a championship that’s been eluding us in real life (I’m looking at you, Rangers :( ) Rating: 6 out of 10

Patriotes Montreal Patriotes - I spent my original Junior stint way back in S26-29 with the Montreal Militia who had a similar color scheme to this. However I don’t see myself putting on these colors again. Never been a fan of the branding although I do understand why some would like it. They’re definitely not on the bottom of my list but closer to it than not. Also lose points because I can’t stand the New England Patriots of the NFL. Rating: 3.5 out of 10

Wolfpack New England Wolfpack - Speaking of New England, yeah. I’m not going there. Nothing against any members of this team at all, I just can’t bring myself to play for Boston, as I’m from Long Island and my teams in real life just do not fuck with Boston or New England. I haven’t been contacted anyway, but I’m respectfully saying it’s ok if you dont, because I dont really have interest in playing for y’all. Only one team keeps them out of the bottom though. Rating: 1.5 out of 10

Forge Philadelphia Forge - Reread the above paragraph about New England. I’m not playing for Philly, I’m sorry. An extra half point deducted for the shade thrown at my boy Kenny. Again, best of luck but please do not draft me. Don’t think I’ll be around that late anyways, and if I am, what are y’all GMs doing?? Rating: 1 out of 10

Barracuda Tampa Bay Barracuda - GET ME HERE. Blue and pink what a color scheme. Miami Vice looking scheme im loving it, my softball team wears these colors and I love them. Also playing in Florida? Remarkably dope. I have had contact with the scouting team / GM ( @JustAnotherHockeyFan ) and it’s been nothing but positive. I really think I could be a cornerstone for a successful rebuild here, 100%. I’m expressing my interest in coming here, the ball… err… puck is in their court now! I think only one western team is going to get this rating too. Rating: 9.5 out of 10, only because nobody’s perfect!

Stars Toronto North Stars - Maybe I’m running out of steam a bit here, but I don’t have too much to say. Toronto is a cool place and I would be interested in helping this franchise turn around. So that makes it a somewhat enticing place to be. So yeah, I’d be cool if I was taken by Toronto, not much else to say! Rating: 6.9 out of 10 (nice!)

So final East rankings:

Barracuda TBB 9.5
Platoon BAP 8.5
Inferno ATL 7.5
Steelhawks HAM 7
Stars TOR 6.9
Rage MAN 6
Stampede BUF 4
Patriotes MTL 3.5
Wolfpack NEW (do not draft)
Forge PHI (do not draft)

Once again please do not be offended if I rate your team low. I’m sure it’s great, but the beauty of the SHL is we write our own story here, and I’d like to have some degree of control over where I end up!

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

1043 words, ready for grading

Just cause MIN is MIN, doesn't mean you need to rate it MIN okay?

05-03-2023, 11:46 AMspooked Wrote: Just cause MIN is MIN, doesn't mean you need to rate it MIN okay?

MIN will be higher than Min!

Towel

Tampa Bay Vice

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Let's go Hamilton

[Image: izzy.PNG]

05-03-2023, 12:27 PMCptSquall Wrote: Towel

Tampa Bay Vice

Love the Vice!

05-03-2023, 12:38 PMaleks Wrote: Let's go Hamilton

The Vancouver Hamilton pipeline :eyes:

05-03-2023, 01:06 PMRainDelay Wrote: The Vancouver Hamilton pipeline :eyes:
6 former van alum :eyes:

[Image: izzy.PNG]

whales

[Image: SHOWNOMERCY-KETIL-VIGN.png]

Platoon <3

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]