Create Account

(GRADED)Deep Dive #2 - Scarecrows S19 Draft
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2023, 10:10 PM by CptSquall. Edited 1 time in total.)

Today I will be reviewing the Season 19 draft class of the St. Louis Scarecrows. the s19 draft was the predecessor to the legendary S20 draft. A lot of these players went on to have illustrious careers but today we'll only be looking at the scarecrows selections because i was confused on the rules of deepdives and i think I need to focus on a team.

Round 1, Pick 5 - Aleksander Holliday:

Well we start off with a bust for the first crows pick. JP and cuffy tought they had something special with longtime user at this point "Seth" but if I remember correctly Seth went inactive rather fast. He only played one season in the J and went undrafted to the SHL. He scored 21 points but other than that he never did much.

Round 3, Pick 15 - Aviad Ratzon

I'm forgetting usernames here but I think this was andybj. He was a great locker room presence and showed great promise going into this draft. He was one of the first new-gens taken as this was a heavy recreate class but JP took a flyer on him and it worked out. While Ratzon only played one season in the J, and it wasn't that impressive, he went on to have a great SHL career. Playing 11 seasons Ratzon was a great two way forward that played for teams all over the league, and won a cup in S28 with Edmonton. Ratzon may not have spent much time in the J, but JP and cuffy were well happy with this pick.

Round 4 Pick 20 - Alexander Kjaerberg

Boomchecks player Kjaerberg was one of the most active members of the S19 scarecrows. Another player who did not get sent down after getting drafted to the SHL. He had a lackluster only season for the crows. But like Ratzon he went on to have a 10 season SHL career where he was a solid defensive forward. In such a stacked draft all the crows could hope for was not to bust, and while they failed in the first round they certainly did not here.

Round 4 Pick 22 - Adrian Thomaz

Brandon at this point was a long time SHL member and a legend of the site. His SHl career may not have been great, and his SMJHL lasted only two seasons. But this pickup was vital to helping managment teach the rookies the ropes. He had some great seasons in the SHL and eventually went on to found the Buffalo Stampede.

Pick 27 Nick Carlzner

GOAT

Pick 34 Sam Samsinov

When you look at Samsinovs stats they scream bust. But in the J Storm was one of the most, if not the most, active on this list. He was a constant team presence and JP and Cuffy got a steal at this point in the draft, Ace may have not been happy with picking him in the SHL but this was a great pick.

Pick 39 Friedrich Muller

Only one season in the J may look disappointing. But Muller was the highest SHL draft pick out of this scarecrows class, and a future 1st ballot Hall of Famer. One of the great offensive defenders of his era, kit is cool Smile

Undrafted (?) - Jed Lloren

Ricebowl went undrafted I think but that was a mistake by all other gms as JP and Cuffy got a steal here. Rice went in the first round of the SHL draft and had a hall of fame career. Proving to possibly be the steal of the S19 SMJHL draft

Good job JP and cuff

600 words

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

calling carl a goat negates this whole article.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: ZGneEG5.png]

[Image: sig-hffo-atlason.jpg?ex=660efc59&is=65fc...001e3&.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2023, 02:05 AM by kit.)

05-05-2023, 07:37 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: calling carl a goat negates this whole article.
google irony OKAY, youre just jealous you competed with seth S19

Affiliate of:

05-06-2023, 02:05 AMkit Wrote: google irony OKAY, youre just jealous you competed with seth S19

I don't think you know what irony is, maybe sarcasm? Wink

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: ZGneEG5.png]

[Image: sig-hffo-atlason.jpg?ex=660efc59&is=65fc...001e3&.png]

Stacked team

[Image: cuffana.png]

05-06-2023, 10:36 AMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: I don't think you know what irony is, maybe sarcasm? Wink
You got me there, drunk kit doesn’t know words man

Affiliate of:

05-06-2023, 01:51 PMCuffy Wrote: Stacked team
Wtf you’re around

Affiliate of:

05-06-2023, 04:17 PMkit Wrote: Wtf you’re around