Create Account

S71 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places

I was unsure at first. I had a lot of time to process the draft on my long flight across the country. On my way to Anchorage. To the teams credit they had a driver at the airport. I felt welcomed right away. In my short time in the league, I know that the armada had a bad last season, almost dead last. I hope that I and the other draftees is in this class can bring back the winning way. All the draftees arrived at a similar time. We had a small luncheon, and everyone introduced themselves and our positions. I don’t have much to compare the facilities to other than my short time in Carolina. Everything seems to be on par with them and that is great. The recovery center is top of the line. The team did a great job, explaining how we are the future and we can right the ship. 

Scott Seitz approaches Pacific Coliseum for the first time. He sees the massive logo towering over himself as he grabs his gear from his car and heads inside. He's mystified as he sees the size and grandeur of the arena on the inside. No arena back home looked like this. After collecting himself he advances onto the locker room itself. He breaches those heavy doors to reveal the most luxurious locker room he has ever seen. Inside he sees his teammates sitting around shooting the shit. He introduces himself and starts to get to know them when suddenly he is whisked away to the office of GMs ArmTheSharks and Aleks.

"how are you adjusting to the new country" asks ArmTheSharks

"It's been a bit rough but I'm getting more used to it by the day" Scott replies

Aleks pipes up and says " That's good, as for our plans with you as a player, this year you'll primarily be playing on the 3rd line, with some power play time. I know it's not the most prestigious position, but we plan on developing you into a star in this league."

Scott silently nods in agreement, thinking to himself about how he's finally realized his dream

First Overall Pick. It is what Kazuchika Okada has earned through his hard work and determination to achieve absolute glory. It is his destiny to bring glory upon his own name and to achieve everything the SHL has for him to achieve. Of course, every journey must begin with a single step and thus, his first stop was the frozen palace in Anchorage. This frosted realm and its diehard audience would make for the perfect place to hone his craft in preparation for the war for glory that was to come. Some of the team were already referring to him as “The Snowmaker”, not understanding what the term meant. Though the joke was amusing, that is now what the term rainmaker means for Okada. Everything he does is money, every step he takes calculated to generate it and now in this new domain, Okada would take those first steps to building his kingdom in the SHL.

Once Trey realizes his potential in the sport of hockey, he always know he would eventually be scouted to play professionally. He was excited and nervous when he found out he was gonna be part of the SMJHL draft. As he anxiously awaited to see when and if he was doing to be drafted, his name was called in the second round of the draft. The team that had chosen Trey was the Kelowna knights, he was filled with excitement as he had gotten a really good vibe from the GM when they spoke.

As Trey entered the locker room, he was welcomed with open arms and by some of the greatest people he would ever meet in his career. He was super excited to get started with his new team and nervous about how he would and hoped he works make the team proud to have him. This would be the start of a long and prosperous career for Trey and he was glad he got into the game.

[Image: 6bk5sdD.png]
                                    Sig by LazyEye

The coach met me at the stadiums back door then he showed me around the full arena before bringing me back with the boys in the locker room. Ive been in the arena plenty times i was a big fan of the team. I was ready to get in the locker room smash a few beer and have a good time with the boys. Well when i showed up in the locker room i would be shocked they had a full on party going in the locker room there were beers everywhere music was pumping it was a great time. There was absolutely no animosity the locker room was lit and everyonr was having a great time. They all welcomed me in with open arms i was stoked to join a locker room filled with great people.The night went on i was hammered didnt think much of anything and fell asleep in the locker room. When i woke up i realized that was a big no no. They had dicks drew all over my face with permanent marker all my clothes was hid away on me it was terrible (for me if i were them i would have done the same thing) . I managed to get home after a wild night thinking "fuck ya this is gunna be a fun year".

[Image: cuffana.png]

Dee Fence Enters the locker room after having previously been fired from his previous position at forward. He's still very bummed, because of course who wouldn't be when they just lost their dream job as a front wingman. He's getting his second, and probably last shot in St. Louis and he knows it. Regardless after he walks into the locker room, the first thing he notices is a big banner, celebrating him being drafted to the team. A surprise party? well that caught him off guard. The GMs have left cake, with frosting that spells out "we won't fire you... yet." in very fancy cursive. Everyone's celebrating, and as he heads to his locker, he finds it already full of all his gear, a Major step up from his previous job where he was using hand me downs. as he tries on his jersey, he finds a signed card from all the team welcoming him aboard. Things are looking up for Dee Fence.

Dan was excited to get things started in Anchorage and from the minute he walked through the doors of that locker room, he knew he had found his new family. Everyone came up with open arms and outstretched hands to welcome Dan to the team. These were going to be his brothers and fellow soldiers in the trenches and he knew right away things were going to be great. Dan has always had a little bit of shyness in him, but he felt right at home and is trying his best to fit in and be an intricate part of this well oiled machine that is the Anchorage Armada. 

Dan has never thought that hockey was an option for his career, but it was at this moment as he sat in his stall and looked around at his new comrades and realized this would be just his first step towards greatness. Dan knew it was going to take a lot of work, but from what he saw sitting here in a bonafide locker room of a junior team, that he would do what ever he had, to make that next jump.(191 words)

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures

As I walked into the locker room for the first time as a rookie player for the Regina Elk, I was greeted by a mix of curious glances and warm smiles from my new teammates. Some of them nodded in acknowledgement, while others reached out to shake my hand, making me feel instantly welcomed. The atmosphere was buzzing with excitement as we all knew that a new season was about to begin.

To make us feel at home, the veteran players had organized a special welcome event for the draftees. They had decorated the locker room with banners and balloons in the team colors, creating a festive and lively ambiance. They had also set up a table with snacks and drinks, encouraging us to mingle and get to know one another. The veterans made a point to introduce themselves individually, sharing stories of their experiences and offering advice for navigating our rookie season.

It was clear that the team had a strong camaraderie, and the effort put into welcoming us rookies was a testament to that. Their gesture went a long way in making us feel like valued members of the team, easing any nervousness or uncertainties we may have had as we embarked on this new chapter in our hockey careers.

When walking into the new locker room, I was greeted by a single flickering light dimly litting a place that didn't look like anything I ever stepped into. Instead of a locker room, it looked more like a fighting cage for animals. Trying to greet with my new teammates, instead of words and names, I got in better cases sniffs and licks, and in worse cases, roars and staring from the very unhappy looking players. Seemingly happy with the state of their roster, the GMs and the coach welcomed me and after the coach announced that for the preseason, my rookie ass is going to play on the first pair, I thought my rookie ass is going to get murdered by one of these unhinged lunatics that I was supposed to call teammates. To add insult to injury, they actually aren't all that great at hockey! We only went 1-5-1, and despite my best efforts I only managed 1 assist. On ice, it's complicated to communicate with teammates that instead of saying they got the guy just sort of clack their teeth at you, which is both not very loud and mildly disturbing as a form of communication.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

"Here we go Chris. This is it" I mutter to myself as I adjust my gear as it begins to cut into my shoulder as I enter the locker room for the first time, making sure to sidestep the logo in the middle of the floor. Looking around for a second I meet the eyes of my new team mates and then spot my name written in masking tape, marking my spot for the season. "Don't worry we'll get you a proper engraved metal one soon, we literally just got you off waivers" I turn round to see Johnny Wagner-Svenson my new captain. "Welcome to the team, I'm Johnny". He didn't need to introduce himself I knew exactly who he was as I'd watched the SMJHL and SHL for years. "I'm Christopher...Just call me Chris". Apparently I was a bit more nervous than I thought I would be. I hadn't gone by Christopher for years. I put my bag down and a slow procession of players begin coming my way to introduce themself to me. They all seem like a great bunch. I can't wait for this season to get started.

PBE Affliliate PT