Create Account

[2X DRAFT MEDIA] Putting the Scare in Scarecrow

[2x] Putting the Scare in Scarecrow
[Image: 360_F_216971181_PwV4to1kHOCLmAbsr8BHnBkEfmBb0gVF.jpg]

The SMJHL draft has now come and gone and all the prospects have found new homes as their names were called. The day that they have been dreaming of since they were young kids has finally come true! All the blood, sweat and tears to this point are now finally worth it. For König Wolf, who was selected 18th overall by the st. Louis scarecrows, it was a night he would never forget. Much like all of the other prospects, too. Sitting there in the stands, looking all nervous as hell, but trying to keep it together, they waited one by one for their name to be called up to the stage. After every name was selected, the police would blow up with cheer and support. It was a volcanic eruption of SMJHL fans and families. You would drown in the atmospheric lava just trying to wrap your head around whether or not it was your name that was called.

“ I was sitting there waiting for my name to be called and it was just absolute chaos,” said König Wolf. “You never know exactly where you’re gonna go unless you're first overall, or may be the first few and this concrete evidence that these players might be going to the exact locations of selections. "Some had me going high and some had me going much lower. I know my worth and what I’m gonna bring to my team! I know how hard I’m going to work. I think I should’ve gone higher than 18th overall but I couldn’t be happier to be selected to St. Louis the moment my name is cold. I couldn’t contain my excitement and just shot up in the air. I hugged my family and my partner and quickly made my way to the stage. Honestly, one of the best moments of my life, putting on that jersey and shaking my new boss's hand. Life is good!”

While the statement is true, that he would have probably gone way higher in the draft, he still went 18th overall in the second round. At that moment, st. Louis was working behind the scenes to try and make a deal so that they could select Mr. Wolf at that selection. Trade became a done deal, and his name was called to the stage. St. Louis had a few talks with the player behind the scenes and was said to be one of the prospects top locations to be drafted to. He had spoken highly about the team and even came out with a public list having St. Louis as one of the top teams. It looks like a match made in heaven and it sounds like it to as the player has successfully signed his first ever contract and been welcome to the team by all players and management.

“ i’m not gonna sit here and lie and say that St. Louis was the number one place I wanted to go. I honestly don’t even know if I had a number one location. There was just a small group of teams that I would’ve been really excited to go to. Detroit, Carolina, Regina, Kelowna, and St. Louis were probably the top five teams and locations that I wanted to be drafted to. Those were all kind of my number one locations. I would’ve been extremely happy with any of the teams, and I’m very fortunate, and privileged to be able to go and play for the St. Louis scarecrows. My agency does have some history with the organization, and has always spoken very highly of the coaching and managing staff there. The players were super nice, and it’s just an incredible vibe in the locker room. Everyone was super welcoming, so fun and it just feels really alive in that locker room. It’s a really special place and I think big things are coming in the future of St. Louis. I’m really happy that I get to be a part of that and I really hope I can play here my whole junior career. I’m excited to put the scare in scarecrow!

Time will tell how the selection works out for the St. Louis scarecrows, but at the surface of things, and immediately following the draft things are looking pretty damn good. The player has been in a lot of media right now and it’s a good time to be in the spotlight of things with double draft media happening in the junior leagues. We also seen them in the gym firing off a lot of tasks and they’ve also bought some new equipment and are ready for the season. We are excited to watch this young players career unfold in front of our eyes, and surely do believe that we’re in for something spectacular with this player. we appreciate your tuning in to this little segment, thank you for taking the time to pay attention to this if you did and wish you the very best moving forward in the SHL community.

Quote:836 words, 1 pic, DOUBLE DRAFT MEDIA