Create Account

S71 SMJHL mPT #5 - Somebody Once...

With the end of the regular season in sight we all have our opinions on who should make the All Star Game rosters. Therefore we would like you to present us with your S71 All-*something* Team.
*The something can be anything you want - a team of the best animal themed players in the league, a team of the best names in the league, a team of the hottest players in the league, a team of the oldest geezers in the league, etc.*
You must list 6 players and explain the theme of your team.
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
Only S71 SMJHL Rookies (S72 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, June 25th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2023, 10:36 PM by Spartan. Edited 1 time in total.)

My theme is players whose names I remember: Leon Athanasios, Cheeks Klapanen, Pasta the Turtle, Jukka Timonen, Sophie Bordeleau and Sven Svenson

I present to you, the All-Goons team: The players who have won/been in the most fights. (I probably missed someone here, but whatever)

Cameron Dallas-Dylan Jacob-Smith-Bear Trapp

Joshua Luna-Rocky Orwell

Little Monky (playing as goalie)

My All-newcreate team of course consists of 6 standout true rookie players who are new to the league!

Dan Craig - Right Wing
Austin Morley - Center
Westley Kirkpatrick - Left Defense
Lazer Gato(self insert) - Left Defense
Bernard Lodge - Goalie
Activity Check - Backup Goalie

[Image: wizard_literal2.gif]
[Image: SZRCDpe.png]

My theme is the best of the best in the SMJHL.

Right Wing - Mr. Gray T White

Center - Alekss Ivanova

Left Wing- Bender Junior

Right Defenseman - Belllamy Blake

Left Defenseman - Ace Lighting

Goalie - Bernard Lodge

It sucks that it's so hard to find a real right defenseman to play the position but for some reason we're heavily loaded on the left side. Perhaps because left handed defenseman shooting right have an advantage as opposed to right handed defenseman. A lot of these player I personally haven't interacted with even though I know some of them are recreates. Ivanova is just having an insane year.

Alright, so theme I decided to go with is SJHL rookies, I think it is a fun way to look at the next wave of talent coming up.

In goal I have chosen, from the Yukon Malamutes - Ryker Johnasson, while i could have chosen his teammate Gunnar Seggi who has more wins, I feel that Ryker just has better overall stats so I went with him.

On Defense I chose to go with, I Stir My Pudding from the Nevada Battleborn, Pudding, leads rookie dmen in points, assists and plus minus and just  seems like a great choice to be an all-star, as for his defense partner, I went with Dan Johnston of the Anchorage Aramda(yes I know thats me). Dan has pleasently managed to become an important member of the Armada defense core and sits top 3 in goals, asssist and points for rookie d-men.

On Forward I went with the trio of Konig Wolf(St. Louis), Sunrise van de Schubbekutteveen(St. Louis) and Scott Seitz(Vancouver). The top 3 rookie point getters this season are well deserving of the choices, Wolf and van de Schubbetkutteveen are leading the way with 23 and 21 goals on a strong young St. Louis team while Seitz is an assist machine is Vancouver only trailing the other two rookies chosen in assists. 

While I doubt any of my choices other than maybe Ryker get picked I think a rookie team would do surprisingly well against the rest of the leagues stars.

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2023, 01:44 PM by Aephino. Edited 1 time in total.)

The Tough Team - the biggest hitters of the S71 SMJHL:

G - Net Man - 1558 saves (had to include a goalie, so I put in net the one with the toughest body -- most shots saved)

D - Brock Samson - 170 hits

D - Ryan McKennedy - 142 hits

F - Bender Junior - 217 hits

F - Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez - 205 hits

F - Mr. Gray T White - 196 hits

[Image: 5yBVV1C.jpeg]

My theme is an all Whalers team consisting of:
RW: Johnny FourStar
LW; Wednesday Addams
C: Klaes Ashford
RD: Leon Rizzton
LD: Grell Fortox (biased towards self)
G: Scary Jerry

All- Star Lineup

The Murray - Mushu the Dragon - Lean on (Coconut Mall) Dry-Saddle Hedgehog

Lazer Gato - Furious Chicken

Shaggy Beer

The theme here is animal names, but there were no goalies and I had a few beers before putting this together so in net they have the league assigned Shaggy Beer.

(This post was last modified: 06-20-2023, 07:56 PM by DigDoug11. Edited 1 time in total.)

My Allstar team would consist of players names that are punny/reference “Something NSFW”, with the exception of Alvin wong, last name loosely fit, and for goalie Sith happens, but I would make him sit on the bench because let’s face it, he’s not that good and we may as well have a 6th player which would be Trevor Lahey.

C - Shootin Blanks
RW - Banana Sauce
LW - Alvin Wong
RD - Cheeks Klapanen
LD - Dick Trickle
G - Sith Happens

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

My teams selection is made off most precise snipers(by percent), who is making fun at lot of goalies.
Gritty McGritterson - Aumy Junior II - Jeff Lewis - Ray Alexander - Timo Lambert - Billy Herrington

These forwards are elite 19% shooters, it's not luck, thats for sure, as they all have 55+ games played. Good times for them, but can they maintain numbers like these in gamea that matter?

Rage Falcons Latvia Latvia Falcons Rage
[Image: HOlloway.png]

My Team is gonna be the All-W's Team, made up of my favorite 6 players with W's as the first letter in their name.

RW: Johnny Wagner-Svenson
LW: Konig Wolf
C: Dominik Winters
RD: Willow Soderberg-Snooks
LD: Westley Kirkpatrick
G: George Walsh

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2023, 12:56 AM by Weaves. Edited 2 times in total.)

Competiton is fierce this season, lots of talent, lots of good users! I think I will have to go with the following:

Austin Morley- Aumy Junior II - Jeff Lewis - Ray Alexander - Lazer Gago- Activity Check

Sorry everyone else!

I think it would be fun to see two teams only consisting of enforcers or the biggest hitters in the league. Would be fun to see if we can set a record for most hits/fights in a SMJHL game.

Word Count: 40

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2023, 06:53 AM by soevil. Edited 1 time in total.)

My all-names I can remember off the top of my head team because I’m on mobile:

Austin Morley, Lazor Gatos, Rowan O’Beirne, Joseph Reed, Dingus McFlourish, and Gritty McGritterson

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]