Create Account

(GRADED) Deep dive #2 The SMJHL
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2023, 08:53 PM by Scrufdaddy. Edited 1 time in total.)

As a new rookie who has been in the league on 31 games of the season, I am going to be honest outside of my own team I know precious little about the other teams other then how they do in the standings and their logos, so I have decided to just do a rundown on my thoughts on them in the standings and their logos!

1-     Maine: I’m not going to lie I overlooked this team initially, the logo didn’t stand out to me and I just kind of assumed they were lower in the standings so it is a big shock going through and see them topping the SMJHL with very significant goal differential. Actually doing this Deep dive the logo isn’t so bad and they quietly (to my blind ass) are sitting first happily.

2-     Nevada: This is the team I thought was first place especially always seeing Ivanova always on top for points and he has been popping off like crazy for his team, just like Maine they are secure in second spot. The real kicker for Nevada though is that logo, a brilliant eye popping logo hat screamed I AM FIRST PLACE when I first saw it so I just kind of assumed it was the case.

3-     Yukon: The story of the top 4 teams, sounding like a broken record are all secure in their spots which are unlikely to change. I know little of the Yukon and I regret to say I am not the biggest fan of the logo, it is the color, doesn’t fit in my eyes but I understand it.

4-     Newfieland: our 4th super secure spot top 4 team the Berserkers have a cool logo with nice colors and is the team I naturally assumed was second and I do not remember why. A plus to this team is I get to call them Newfieland and I imagine they all talk like my family from Newfoundland like they are impossible to understand through the accents. Picture for a moment a full team of people speaking pure gibberish to each other and they all get it and no one else does, Newfoundland is such a cool place I am happy to see a team from there in the league.

5-     Vancouver: I can honestly talk about nothing outside the logo, they have a good record and a cool and fitting logo.

6-     St. Louis: this is an interesting case because St. Louis has become somewhat of a rival in my eyes to the Kraken as we sit beside each other In the standings and from what I understand my teams first meeting with them we beat them, which would be ok if they did not take it personally and kick our teams butt from there on. Seriously these guys always seem to whoop us in our games. Frankly 0/10 logo for the scary scarecrows.

1-     Carolina: The Kraken are the unbiasedly best team in the league, best logo best players we are going to win the playoffs and I just do no see how any other team can compare. 10/10 logo and clearly first in the league. To any readers I ruined the formatting I had down for myself on my word document to make kraken number 1 and you know what it was worth it.

8-    Regina: I honestly really like the logo and I always assumed they were higher in the standings    because of Gritty Mcgritterson perpetually leading the league in goals during my time here. The Elk’s logo might just be my favorite to be honest, the way the colors and the look of the logo mesh together just works so well and I always find myself drawn to just look at it even when I have no need to. It is an eye catcher and good job to whoever made this logo

9-14 I am going to cheat here and batch these together because after Regina frankly I have no knowledge of the rest and because I have not had time to go through them all yet. I like all the logos in the league they all seem to be crafter quite well with special mentions in the bottom to Kelowna as I am a huge medieval and general history fan so I really like their logo.

Hopefully this is an acceptable prompt and I do not mean to offend anyone with it just friendly jabs and some laughs if I could, I am not the best at being funny over text so I’ll count it as a win if I got some smiles out of readers.

Approved, +5 TPE to @sliceruser

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Steelhawks Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]