Create Account

S71 SMJHL PT #6 - Playoff Dreams

We've wrapped up the last games of the regular season. It's playoff time!
Written Task: How has your team prepared for the playoffs? (150 word min.) 
*If your team didn't make the playoffs: what is your player going to do with all their spare time?
Graphic Task: Create a game day program for a playoff matchup involving your team. Must include 2 team logos and 1 render.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S71 SMJHL Rookies (S72 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, July 2nd @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

on the Carolina Kraken we managed to make playoffs and with a decent record despite many rookies on the team so our playoff preparations have included training, deep dives and other such activities to give our rookies a better chance to compete as we did not have a chance to do them all before, especially the newest additions who have only been here for 1-3 weeks like jeff goldblum, lillian flapberg and myself(alexandros mograine). I sadly missed the cutoff for deep dives amongst a few others but i managed to top up my TPE to 227. outside of this has been a lot of pep talks about how well we will do and what feels like school lessons(thank you seven and frenchie for going through it with us and multiple times) on the playoff formats and how it differs from SHL and SMJHL which has been a fascinating experience although a bit confusing. I am happy to say that i am no longer feeling completely overwhelmed by the league and look forward towards a making an impact in the playoffs. LETS GO KRAKEN!

The Detroit Falcons have been preparing for the playoffs in the most sane way possible - by going bowling. In case you haven't realized, the Falcons may have finished quite low in the standings during the SMJHL Regular Season. This may seem like a disappointment to the naked eye. You would be wrong. We have now taken all pressure possible off of us in the playoffs. Lose first round? No one bats an eye. If we were to play to our actual strengths and buzzsaw everyone during the regular season, our whole team would be anxious. Instead, we continue to relax and let go of any pressure and expectations by going bowling. You'd also be surprised - bowling is a moderate workout. Between our daily bowling and alternating nights of ping pong and mini golf, our team is the most chilled we could possibly be.

Detroit 3-4 Carolina

Detroit 2-8 Carolina

Okay you know what maybe we should stop bowling and start practicing hockey again in our spare time..

[Image: cNHA4sa.png]

While it may have seemed that the Anchorage Armada barely snuck into the playoffs, we are exactly where we wanted to be. We could not have asked for a better first round matchup than with the Regina Elk whom we went 4-1-1 against during the regular season. To prepare for this first round we honestly decided to go in an unconventional way and all went out for a nice dinner to continue the bonding process that had gone on through the season. We planned on just watching some game tape from during the season and trying to continue the success we had exhibited during the season.  Honestly we feel that we finally started to click in the last few weeks of the season and can't see that stopping anytime soon. Count on it, the Armada will be moving on to the second round where we will be just like the Panthers in the NHL and will show you should never count us out. Armada

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures

The Carolina Kraken have decided to follow Phil Kessel's strategy of preparing for the Playoffs, by eating lots of Hotdogs before each game. The reason for this being, lots of players on the team, especially Filip Svatos, have significantly increased stats in games after they have eaten Steamed Hot Dogs. With this in mind, managers Frenchie and Sve7en brought in the finest Steamed Hot Dog cooks in all of Carolina to prepare the team’s meals each day. Aside from the hot dogs the team has increased the intensity of their practices, with all drills being run at game pace, while some coaches may worry about potential injuries caused by the high intensity, in Carolina we firmly believe in the theory of “You Practice how you Play” and since we want to beat the best, we’ve got to practice like we are playing against the best, no time for slowing down, you go all out for 30 seconds, get a 30 second break, and go all out again.

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2023, 10:36 AM by electrictree.)

To celebrate our making of the playoffs, Remington Richardson III and the rest of the Vancouver Whalers had a brilliant idea of going to tour the wreckage of the Titanic in a tiny submarine with only three days of breathable air. When they realized that none of them had obscene amounts of cash to blow, they decided against making the trek. Wonder whatever happened to those that went...anyway...

The team decided to do ice baths alternating with hot sauna's instead. Management figured that doing some body care would be optimal for the long, gruelling playoff run the Whalers are hoping to have. Plus, some skin care would make the team look good. Look good, feel good, play good.

Making things a little more interesting was the game that was introduced during their plunges/sauna trips. They played cards (mostly poker and go fish) in between rounds with the winners getting to pick who'd make the plunge first. Vancouver feels ready to make their run.

(167 words)

[Image: image.png]

A locker room full of rookies and really only our captain as a veteran presence means a lot of nerves in Detroit heading into our series against Carolina.  Aniki has talked to both the team and everyone individually about what to expect, but as one of those rookies I've gotta be honest I'm scared shitless.  Regular season games matter absolutely, but with how important each game is and starting the series in the enemy barn means we're going right into the deep end. Coaches have done their best to keep practices as normal as possible and the routines haven't changed in the day to day.  There's just this ominous cloud over the team. We've been quiet all week with everyone just working on ourselves.  I'm sure we'll come together as a team once the puck drops, but right now it's all any of the rookies can do to keep our lunch down.

Quebec City Citadelles did not make the playoffs, which means that Jaromir Jagrbomb has a long off-season. This obviously means a great opportunity to take advantage of the extra time to prepare for the next season. While Jagrbomb scored at a great pace for a rookie, the defensive side of the game was a clear weakness for him, and he plans to come back next season much stronger. The Finnish will start off the off-season by traveling back home for a month or two. Jagrbomb plans to spend time working out with some more seasoned defenders and hopefully pick their brain a bit while developing his physical presence. When not training, Jagrbomb is visiting his friends and family and spending some quality time at his cabin by the lake. It is the perfect way to reset - physically and mentally - after a long season of hockey. All in all, it will be a great mix of hard work, resting and relaxing.

[Image: sulov.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

PT PASS

[img]```[Image: W6NIRSC.jpg]

[Image: kaliyev-1.png]

ISFL Affiliate

The Detroit Falcons may have finished last in their conference, but it was just enough to make into the playoffs.  The Falcons have been preparing just as they did during the regular season, lots of golf and day drinking.  I mean who wants to practice when only half the team shows up (looking at you s70 rookies).  May as well make the best of a bad situation and play some golf.  But while on the verge of being knocked out of the playoffs maybe we should practice with who we have.  But if we do get knocked out during the 1st round, Trevor Lahey will spend the offseason on the ice getting back to the basics of hockey and perfecting his craft so that when the season opens back up, he is ready for whoever or whatever he faces. Trevor's journey is just beginning, and I know he will be back next season with a burning passion to become the best he can be and is looking forward to playing with his teammates.

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

“When I was drafted to St. Louis, I wasn’t really sure what to expect. I mean, I guess I didn’t know what to expect. I thought we were going to be Shit. I thought we were going to be a bad team. I expected us to be one of the worst teams in the league, and not to get many wins. For my player, I surely didn’t expect to get as many points as I did. I definitely didn’t think I was going to score as many goals.

I say all of that as we head into playoffs, and I head into them with a similar expectation. I don’t think we’re going to do good and I don’t think my players going to do good. Both of these things I thought before we started the regular season. Both of these things I was wrong about. We have a really good group of players, members, and our management staff is on top of things. Our president and our future are very brave for St. Louis and I’m really excited.”

Above was the statement from St. Louis forward Konig Wolf. St. Louis prepares for the first round of playoffs, werewolf war square off with more than just his opponents on the ice. The team is hanging out in the gym right now, lifting up all that heavy metal trying to get the biggest biceps so that they can flex and fuck shit up on the ice.

In the first round of the playoffs, the Elk are set to face the Anchorage Armada. And what better practice could there be for such a matchup than attending the World Battleship Championships? After all, if you want to learn how to sink an armada, you have to learn from the best, right? So, the entire team took a trip across the ocean to Istanbul, Turkey to watch the championships unfold. The spectators were rather confused at the sight of 20 young hockey players, all in full hockey gear with sticks and skates and all, chugging beers and loudly chanting in the stands. The team also ate plenty of ice cream and baklava during their stay in Turkey - putting on a few extra kilograms to make sure that the boats can't just push them around. Petting all of the stray cats around the city also became somewhat of a common activity for the team, both for bonding purposes and just for general happiness and good vibes. The team returned to Regina with a good mindset and newly acquired naval battle tactics, such as yelling out "top left corner" before shooting at the top left corner and not looking at the opposing team's goal.

Practice Practice Practice! The Carolina Kraken have a roster loaded with talented new rookies who lack a bit in the experience department but we make up for it with our dedication to the game! Really though with a great group of true rookies there are going to be a few bumps and stumbles getting team chemistry figured out and the easiest remedy to that problem is to hit the ice. Repetition is the key to success just how Mr. Miyagi taught the Karate Kid Wax on Wax off repeat the motions until they become ingrained in your muscle memory. That all being said rest days are just as important! You don't want to strain your body beyond it's limits so a ratio of one rest day to every three practice days is the Kraken secret to preventing injury. But with all this talk of the physical side of the game let's not forget the mental aspect! Studying opposing teams schemes and understanding your own philosophies like their second nature is just as important. High IQ players win games!

[Image: wizard_literal2.gif]
[Image: SZRCDpe.png]