Create Account

Raiya's Favourite Names in S72 SHL Entry Draft (x2 Draft Media)
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2023, 12:18 PM by diacope. Edited 6 times in total.)

Despite the lack of Russian talent In this season's SHL Entry Draft I saw a pile of potential with creative names, funny ones and straight up different but with three rounds and a half it made things a little harder whenever I broke down my list of the best. Instead of panicking or choosing random identities to talk about the next thing I did was make some rules on how to go about the idea, it had to be from Raiya's point of view and for some good reason so she wasn't talking out her butt, my first thoughts that came to mind was to keep it simple and understanding, next thinking bubbles showed crazy picks.. How was Rabinov going to choose? ..Well I decided to include them all for the ultimate package, the second rule and most important was to pick the easiest initials that roll of the tounge since Rabinov is still new to English. Rule number three? Imagination! How/why do these name relate to my player. Well that's it.. Let's get into it with the big league first!

5. Dee Fence - Simple and sweet this name may be pretty generic to many but with an actual name Dee that's underused and fence-like capabilities I can see them being the goaltenders bestfriend which is something Raiya needs by her side if she wants to take more chances during games.. If that were to happen the name definitley rise a few positions.
4. Trevor Lahey - I'll admit it this pick doesn't have much flair to it but I cannot read the name without hearing Ricky from the Trailer Park Boys, a show Raiya loves to binge. Diving deeper though Trevor is going fit into the hockey player mold perfectly especially with advice from all the boys in the Jailyard Hockey League. Speaking of fitting in his hairdo could also rival the top pick Jaromir Jagrbomb so I see why he was selected by a franchise that's always "high" in the sky.
3. Arthur Kaliyev - THE ONLY Russian relayed name in the draft and it's pretty solid since I think he may of came from the NHL before this. This time if A.K. decides to go with number forty seven I can definitley see him jumping to the top of Raiya's and many others rankings instantly.
2. Activity Check - This is one of the more familar names to Raiya because it's been the only part of the forum she's been for the previous year or so. I do see this name falling a few ranks if she does see it too much much though because it makes her more nervous about tasks having a steady reminder
1. Kazuchika Okada - It may take a few tries to actually pronounce this slick name but it's definitley one of the coolest and creative names in the draft, even if it doesn't slide of Raiya's tounge very well. The fun is endless really, Kazuch, Chika, Kada could be short forms for teammates and you can even use the last name to answer with an OKada.. Going even further and for the list K.O. is perfect initials to end my ranking because that's exactly what happened here.. No contest!

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

Dang, need to get more of the VINS spread out here.

[Image: jsteele1423.gif]
[Image: dOfqg1T.png]
[Image: lhZ3TTV.png]
[Image: QwTZD8C.png] [Image: uJXrVDL.png]
Click my logo below to see me LIVE on Twitch!
[Image: vNTwVv3.png]

I appreciate this!

“I thought I was a goalie, but STA told me forget being a goalie they make nothing, and no one cares about them.  Guess what I was a center all along and I had no idea. Now I am the toast of the town, and I am getting offers from all the GMs and Scouts.”

– Spidey Talent Agency, on Activity Check

Smokes, let’s go.

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]