Create Account

S71 SMJHL Awards
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2023, 08:26 PM by CloudRobot. Edited 4 times in total.)

Hello!

It's my pleasure to bring you the candidates for the S71 SMJHL Awards! 

Big news for this season, with the SMJHL HO, we (finally) decided to change the Vyacheslav Onoprienko Award name, for the Jack Cross Award. So now it's the user's name and not his player's name, as it was stated for very good reasons that we needed a change. Also, for more visibility, we will make public the justification for the Cross Award, but only for the three nominates.

Four-Star Cup
Maine Timber Timber

Laurifer Trophy
Maine Timber Timber

Linna-Landvik Cup
Maine Timber Timber

King-Kurczewski Gauntlet
Newfoundland Berserkers Berserkers

Jared Hanson Trophy
Alekss Ivanova Battleborn - 116 points

Roberto Martucci Trophy
Gritty McGritterson Elk - 57 goals

Ronan O'Keefe Trophy
John Hopoate Berserkers - 27 points

Matt Lewis-Flood Trophy
Bernard Lodge & Nelly Celly Timber - .906 save percentage

Nour Harrak Award - Award Given to the Top GM Duo
Maine Timber -  [Image: timber.png] - @SouthPaw & @TheGreatToeJam - Winners
Newfoundland Berserkers -  Berserkers - @Patty & @Sburbine
Nevada Battleborn -  [Image: battleborn-new.png] - @sköldpaddor & @Aleris

Zach Miller Trophy - Award Given to the Most Dedicated Player
@spidey -  [Image: knights2.png] - Logan Webb - Winner
@GumbamanScarecrows - Marshall Madden
@Kaliyevl34lKnights - Arthur Kaliyev

Jack Cross Trophy - Award Given to Most Underrated Player
Shnopple Lopple -  Battleborn - @Moe7171 - Winner
"If you (whoever is reading this) are in the Nevada locker room, this nomination is probably no surprise to you. If you're not, I will tell you a little about Moe. We picked shnopple lopple in the third round of the S70 J draft, and he has done nothing but prove to us what an absolute steal he was pretty much every day since the day he joined the locker room. Every morning, without fail, he comes in to say good morning to the team. He hypes us up for sims (even though he hasn't been able to watch the majority of them because of conflicts with real life equipments), is a constant voice of positivity and excitement, and this season, he was voted one of our alternate captains.
I think Moe is someone who flies a little below the radar when it comes to site visibility - but in Nevada, he's an absolute superstar. His player had an outstanding year stats-wise (and bear in mind, he is only a sophomore, so he did that with 350 TPE, and while being on the second D-pairing for the whole regular season). But stats aside, I cannot say enough about what a joy he is to have around and how much activity and excitement he brings to our locker room."

Johnny Wagner-Svenson -  Kraken - @AgentSmith630
"One of the most underappreciated careers in franchise history. JWS just set a (4-season) franchise record for points (242), while also going top 5 in shots and hits. He did all of this while playing his first season out of position on defense, being a two year captain, and being one of the top point shares players this season - contributing on a whopping 35% of the team's goals, the best rate in the league, and the highest gap between 1 and 2 on a team. Holistically, he's an MVP player and record setter, but was never seen as such."

Darnell Mohammed Johnson II -  Timber - @frithjofr
"Frith is the waiver claim that you hope every single waiver claim is going to end up being. He earns well, but that is probably the least impressive part of this user - he meshed seamlessly with our group from day one. Since that day he has been a leader in the locker room and on the ice. Always there to lend an ear, cheer on the team or share one of his many interesting hobbies, he is an ever positive presence that will dawn the C for Maine next season (shhh! He doesn't know yet!). Being a stay at home defender Darnell doesn't get a ton of accolades on the ice, which is a huge part of why we want him to be considered for this award. He will always put the team first and do what is best for the group, not only will he do it but he'll do it with a smile and a great attitude. While we are incredibly excited to have him wear the C and lead our group next season, it's sad to think that it will be his last as Maine most definitely won't be the same without him. He truly is one of those rare players that can hold the whole group together."

Alex Light Trophy - Award Given to Most Improved Player
Ray Alexander -  Malamutes  - @TheRoyalEmpoleon
Tony Soprano -  Armada - @gurbs - Winner
Shnopple Lopple -  Battleborn - @Moe7171

Brandon Holmes Trophy - Award Given to Top Defensive Forward
Smurfunkel Dothe -  Citadelles - @SvgeMars
Damien Hirano -  Timber - @damienj10
Georg N'Zola -  Armada - @retuperkele - Winner

Quilha Agante Trophy - Award Given to Top Defenseman
Trevor Warner -  Timber - @Scp999v2
Shnopple Lopple -  Battleborn - @Moe7171
Ace Lightning -  Battleborn - @hockeyfan - Winner

Alexis Metzler Trophy - Award Given to Top Defensive Defenseman
Mick Mayhem -  Timber - @Matty86
Trevor Warner -  Timber - @Scp999v2 - Winner
Darnell Mohamed Johnson II -  Timber - @frithjofr

Cedric Robinson Trophy - Award Given to Top Goalie
Rhett Carpet -  Berserkers - @Carpy48
Bernard Lodge -  Timber - @UptownCord - Winner
Kyle Baretto -  Scarecrows - @WubbaLubbaDubDub184

Esa Anrikkanen Trophy - Award Given to Top Rookie
Westley Kirkpatrick -  Kraken - @Pyro182
Konig Wolf -  Scarecrows - @BANACKOCK

Brodie Witzel Trophy - Award Given to the Playoff MVP
Trevor Warner -  Timber - @Scp999v2
John Hopoate -  Berserkers - @.simo

Elias Armia Trophy - Award in Excellence Given by the League Commissioner
@brickwall35
@Bayley
@FuzzSHL
@Chevy
@notorioustig
@TheDangaZone - Winner

Raymond Lindsay Trophy - Award Given to the Most Outstanding Player as Voted by the Players
Alekss Ivanova -  Battleborn - @Copenhagen - Winner
Tony Soprano -  Armada - @gurbs
Bender Junior -  Battleborn - @Wally
Gritty McGritterson -  Elk - @JSS331

Ideen Fallah Trophy - Award Given to the Most Outstanding Player as Voted by the Awards Committee
Alekss Ivanova -  Battleborn - @Copenhagen
Tony Soprano -  Armada - @gurbs - Winner
Gritty McGritterson -  Elk - @JSS331

Congratulations to all the nominees for their fantastic season, and we'll see you next week at the stream to name the winners!

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Battleborn Battleborn Battleborn Battleborn Battleborn Battleborn Battleborn Battleborn

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

No whammies no whammies

[Image: smurfunkel.png]
Sig By @enigmatic

Ah yes, its that time of the year :kekw:

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

Not a single GFG on the list? C'mon now

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

What do I win for most penalty minutes

Ray Alexander is YUM btw

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]

Congrats to the nominees!

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

07-19-2023, 09:13 PMhockeyfan Wrote: What do I win for most penalty minutes

@ awards committee please create us a Turd Ferguson equivalent and call it the Juni Panda award, it's the least we can do to honor Juni's legacy

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

:eyes:

[Image: gurbs.gif]

07-19-2023, 09:18 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: @ awards committee please create us a Turd Ferguson equivalent and call it the Juni Panda award, it's the least we can do to honor Juni's legacy
subscribe

good way to honor the sim league goat

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]

I think you nominated me for the wrong award I think "most mid' was what you were looking for

[Image: image.png?ex=6609a4ec&is=65f72fec&hm=dc3...621ee4a47&]

[Image: gdppv5N.png]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

07-19-2023, 09:15 PMBadWolf Wrote: Ray Alexander is YUM btw

Yes I've changed it haha really don't know where I came with Vancouver in the first place...

CONGRATS TO THE OTHER NOMINEES!

S70 SMJHL Rookie Goaltender -  Scarecrows
[Image: image0.jpg]

07-19-2023, 09:18 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: @ awards committee please create us a Turd Ferguson equivalent and call it the Juni Panda award, it's the least we can do to honor Juni's legacy

That's a J HO decision haha!
I've proposed some names changes, but only the Ono/Cross awards was changed, but maybe creating that awards will have the green light Smile