Create Account

First ever Isaac Forty-One interview

I have tried to fight it off for a very, very long time but the bank account of Sim Hockey League finally caught up to me and I now must do a media to top it back up. So here we are. I hope you most skip this media since its just a basic interview with my player but if you are reading it I hope you enjoy it.

Very small disclaimer here as well just to be safe. Do not take everything this player says as gospel or truth or what I think. A big difference between my characters and myself so if they do not like a specific team, rule or historical season for whatever bollocks reason it is the character, not actually me cause I do not hate any Sim Hockey League teams. Just better to be safe than playing victim later on <3

The camera turns on and we finally see the setting of a green screen that has 2 lovely leather chairs facing towards each other and a cute little coffee table in the middle with a couple of glasses of water. Go drink water right now. It also has a small little plant in the middle for decoration but it is probably fake knowing this show. First out is the Interviewer!

The Interviewer: Okay! Let's get this started! Hello and welcome to a special first interview with Isaac Forty-One. It is a little crazy how this player has avoided interviews for so long but we have a lot to ask him so let us get him out here and begin the interview!

Isaac Forty-One comes out and sits down, blanking on the handshake the interviewer wanted but that is more so he did not look at him when he had his arm raised.

The Interviewer: Okay then! Just relax and this will be all over before you know it. I hear you do not like interviews.

Isaac Forty-One: Yeah, something like that. But I need the money so yeah, I take after my father with this sort of stuff.

The Interviewer: That might be the best place to start. Tell us about your family.

Isaac Forty-One: Well...In season 14 there was a player called Isaac Mute. That was my grandfather. Played on the Regina Force, who I wish were still around. I know the Elk exist and they have a sick design but ...eh. He was traded to the Detroit Falcons back then and eventually would be drafted to Baltimore who traded up for him but he never played a game in the majors. Just was not committed or good enough apparently. Ended up retiring and having a son eventually called Jon Forty-One. My dad.

Former Vancouver Whalers captain and Jeff Dar winner, did a few other things but no-one will care about that. Now you have me. That is about it.

The Interviewer: Interesting, interesting. So you knew you were always going to do this.

Isaac Forty-One: Well yeah. I was chosen to do this. I just hope to do well this career and do enough to live on and make the cult proud. The rest of them all have things like MVPs, Hall of Fames, championships, records, etc. I want to make sure I add to that list really.

The Interviewer: A nice goal indeed. Okay, so let us start from the beginning. You began with the Colorado Raptors yes?

Isaac Forty-One: Nope. Not at all. I started with the Detroit Falcons and won an easy championship. They were lovely people too so I have no issues with them. Wish them all the best in fact. I just ended on Colorado Raptors in the draft which honestly was the best thing for me.

I cannot stress to you how lovely that locker room is. The memes, the laughs, the encouragement, the support...Just everything. It was truly an honour to be the captain for season 67, season 68 and season 69. I legit loved every single second on that team and getting nominated a few times for one of the best defending players was an honour. I stayed down for as long as I could but everyone knows it should've been longer. The best league is the minors league of the Sim Hockey League, everyone knows that.

The Interviewer: I mean obviously. Goes without saying. So tell us about the draft.

Isaac Forty-One: I do not think there was much to say really. I saw the Minnesota Chiefs had 1 of the higher picks and my dad was drafted there. They have had an extremely rough and very predictable history since he left but I like what they were cooking and think given a bit of time for players to mature they'll be a scary contending team with that core so I would have liked to have helped there. Not to be but I get it.

I had a lovely talk with the Texas Renegades and legit thought they were picking me but then they just...did not end up doing that? I dunno but I am glad they did not in hindsight of this season and free agency. I think everyone knew who the Edmonton Blizzard were taking and rightfully so, so that wasn't applicable and I just kinda fell.

The Interviewer: Right. You ended up going 10th overall correct? To the Balitmore Platoon!

Isaac Forty-One: No I went 11th! My god get your facts correct...Ugh, this is why I detest things focusing on me like interviews. It just is not worth. You did get the team correct though.

The Interviewer: Okay! Sorry! Goodness I am human too! But joining them must have been a fun experience right?

Isaac Forty-One: I mean...Yeah, I guess. Being technically on the team that had the rest of my family felt like a nice stat that most people in these leagues would never be able to pull off as a 3rd generation player, or at least technically since my grandfather never played and Jon was not drafted by them originally and they technically threw him away to try, and eventually fail, to win the big 1. That is when he had to go onto rebuilding teams.

The Interviewer: So trouble in paradise?

Isaac Forty-One: Well, I absolutely loved my team mates. My god they were just the friendliest, most helpful and coolest people in the league I feel. Like, I do not want to just go on and on for half an hour about how lovely they were but I want this part to be noted. I just did not trust the management, the goalie long term or the ability to be a team with a competitive window for so long and even when you do have a window of being good, you might just be the next Winnipeg and no-one wants to be that.

The Interviewer: My god, any of reasons?

Isaac Forty-One: Well, yeah as a matter of fact. The person in my draft they took 3rd overall felt a lot like Jon Forty-One's draft too. Cause the Chiefs has 3rd overall forfeited for that legendary drama and then they accidentally took him. It kind of felt the same to me. Like, if I am honest...I do not really have the best memory but I do not remember him and I think he retired super god damn early to cement it as a complete dud. Like, to be second fiddle to that when my dad sacrificed himself off the team for the good of that squad when they were good? Edmonton took that second gen without question. So it just felt like a "Oh, I guess he is the next best option" considering how weak the draft class is. Just never sit right with me.

The Interviewer: ANYTHING ELSE THEN?!

Isaac Forty-One: No, I do not think anything else exists now with that. I hit everything.

The Interviewer: My god, thank god. So were you always planning to just hit free agency?

Isaac Forty-One: No, not at all. I wouldn't say it was a last minute thing but it wasn't a long term thing either. It was more so seeing how things went in my rookie season with them and just not enjoying it or liking the situation. If anything, I just wanted to see my options. If every team did not offer me anything good or just straight out did not want me I would've just signed a long term contract with them and made the best of the situation. I just ended up getting the best possible place in the whole league

The Interviewer: Yes! Now we will move onto last season, your second season within the major leagues. You signed with the Buffalo Stampede. Tell me about that.

Isaac Forty-One: I mean I did get some lovely offers from some teams. One team told me the plan of how the rebuild was going to look and especially with me being a defensive center piece to it which got me excited to see. But in the end when Tomen, the amazing General Manager, came to me with his offer. I loved the talk and the future plans and I know I could really help out in the future and make a lot of people salty in either the short or long term.

It was quite a surreal experience joining the locker room and seeing everyone. They were very welcoming and it has been a fun experience.

The Interviewer: How would you say the season went?

Isaac Forty-One: What kind of question was that? It went bloody perfectly. We finished 5th place in the regular season and defeated the 4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st place teams in the playoffs. It meant I do not need to ever worry about the ring as I got one instantly and now I can focus on giving my all to Buffalo until my retirement! It is the perfect start to playing here and I never have to look back with any regrets or problems now. It feels fantastic.

All the best to every other team but I love being in Buffalo. New York has a huge super villain problem with only Spider-Man seemingly wanting to help but still past that I love it here.

The Interviewer: So what was it like to lift the Champions Cup? Did it feel amazing to pull it off?

Isaac Forty-One: It felt so fucking good. We went against the very best of the best. In fact we were underdogs in literally every round since we were a comfy 5th seed but due to the rough format it meant we were always fighting a higher seed. That shit is not easy to pull off. So for us to then destroy the first two teams with a clean 4-0 before even running into trouble felt amazing for our confidence.

Philly put up a good fight but they just did not have it in them this season and well, Winnipeg pulled a Winnipeg I guess. It is just fucking magical to see this all come together and win it in my personal first season of seriously working hard. To lift that cup and be the future or youth of the defending core felt amazing. I feel like we are building to a lovely future as well. Whether or not that happens I do not massively care cause I feel like we can compete against anyone and we proved it this season in the playoffs.

So to answer your question, it felt fucking god damn great to pull off and lift that cup.

The Interviewer: We will now move onto the international stage since we have caught up to the major leagues. How is playing for Switzerland?

Isaac Forty-One: Yeah it is okay. No complaints, they're alright. Quite neutral on things. Hopefully they can win gold 1 day so I can say I have won 1 on every stage.

The Interviewer: Do you miss playing with Austria?

Isaac Forty-One: No. No-one misses them, at all. Zero exceptions. Fuck Austria. Pack watch. Welcome France! A much better place!

The Interviewer: O-oh, I see. Okay time for some fan questions now - This 1 is from 4D Chess: "What is Hockey?"

Isaac Forty-One: A competitive sport played on a field, rough as fuck but very fun.

The Interviewer: Next is from a user called James Gallon: "Will Pau ever not talk about Barca and Messi/Argentina?"

Isaac Forty-One: I literally play hockey for a living. I do not know what a Pau is, but it sounds stupid, not what barka or Messi is. So I would have to say, no probably not.

The Interviewer: This next question is from a person called Taha Aneeq and he writes in saying "Oh my god it is you! I fucking love you, I am your biggest fan. I have your funko pop n everything innit. Listen, I have a small question for you but 1 I feel like youz could only answer bruv. So: Why am I still not happy?"

Isaac Forty-One: What a weird accent. But I would have to say Taha that happiness is subjective, you are probably not happy with the current state of how life is working out for you. Outside looking in I would see what is stopping you from seeing the happiness rom coming through and working to improve that until you feel better. Please remember life is like Rome, it wasnt instantly built. It takes time to reach where we want to be and you should try to enjoy the small stuff you are grateful to have no matter how small.

Or drugs. Trying doing more drugs or a Sim Hockey League podcast once per week. I feel like happiness would then be achieved. I hope more kids will either do more podcasts or hard as fuck drugs.

The Interviewer: The next question from fans comes from the user Ragnarr of the Sim Hockey League and the question is "Who is your favorite current Buffalo co gm"

Isaac Forty-One: I ...errr...Well it is funny because when you think about it...Ummm....Oh, you know! Everyone knows this answer! It should go without saying...Right?! Right! Okay good. Nailed it!

The Interviewer: The next question from fans comes from the Twitter user BuffaloRox69 and he asks " Who is your favorite buf alumni?"

Isaac Forty-One: I feel the urge to say Monkey D Luffy. Listen, it isn't easy having a career here and be a pirate. So for him to have an insane Hall of Fame career & deal with the Yonko whilst looking for Gol D. Roger's treasure all at the same time. I commend the captains career.

The Interviewer: This final one comes from the user Han Nahmer and she asks "U did it!"

Isaac Forty-One: Err...Well, yeah I did. Thank you citizen. Have a lovely day not causing chaos.

The Interviewer: Well, that for now ends the fan section of questions. Now for some fun fact or trivia questions. Starting off with what is your fav Sim Hockey League copy pasta?

Isaac Forty-One: Oh that 1 is easy: For any that care, I used to be in Head Office, as a lowly intern and then as a full member for about a season.. and like two days. It's been long enough since I stepped down where I want to air it out, and I will either validate your feelings or invoke them. Not sure if I care about the latter here.

I'll preface this by saying I wasn't the most active HO member, and even my activity here has been spotty. With that being said, I recently had a realization that only two people from that group had reached out to me after I stepped down, which got me thinking how exclusive and clique-ish Head Office is. It's understandable that not everyone will agree on everything, but when it becomes blatantly apparent that your own views on league issues widely vary from the vocal majority, you will be ostracized. On every issue I was vocal on, I was alone in my opinion (at least vocally). Either the others knew better than to disagree, or I truly was alone on the matter. I want to give the benefit of the doubt that I was alone but I know better, and there were others that agreed and said nothing to not ruin their own personal standing within the clique. So after about two seasons of this, I was tired of the stress this caused and stepped down with an explanation, making my mental state known to the rest of Head Office. I was not in a good place, but only two people had reached out to me from Head Office afterwards, at least asking if I was okay and at least showing understanding of where I was coming from. Not a peep from the rest of the crew. It's not the first job I've had to step down, but in those instances the job heads reached out and at least checked up on me, and while the circumstances were different, I still admire that and those people greatly. But when the clique majority is silent, it speaks volumes about their opinions, and shows that they never once cared about me, and were probably glad to be rid of me. For a league of caring and inclusivity, the lack of response from those responsible for creating the toxic clique environment Head Office currently is shows their hypocrisy. I expected and still expect better from y'all. Nothing more than a group meme-ing others for their own personal laughs (this will probably add on to it lol), and I hope future leadership will change this.

The Interviewer: What is your plan for the rest of your career?

Isaac Forty-One: Honestly? just keep earning and keep growing and keep getting better. Help Buffalo and see if we can't win another final or go on a good run and try to continue to make this 1 of the best orgs in the entire Sim Hockey League I think. If I am good enough for Hall of Fame? Sure but honestly I am indifferent about that, I will just see that as a bonus if I end up doing well enough. I am happy with everything I have done, just enjoy the ride now that we have the super sexy ring.

The Interviewer: How do you feel about the Winnipeg Aurora?

Isaac Forty-One: Honestly indifferent but I kinda feel bad for them. Reminds me of the Yellowknife Wraiths in Inter Sim Football League back when they kept losing every final or the Providence Crabs when they made a lot of finals in a row and kept losing. The difference being Yellowknife would go onto win a couple of rings later on and Crabs won there 4th final in a row against the Cancun Toros with help from fellow cultist Jose Forty-Three getting the win in the game they finally won the ring in.

So I guess with this logic Winnipeg will win either next season or the season after or just be forever doomed to be Athletico Madrid in the Champions League or the Buffalo Bills in the National Football League. No pressure.

The Interviewer: What is your favourite movie?

Isaac Forty-One: Oh god how long is this interview actually going to be. Let me be free please....Okay well my fav is My Neighbour Totoro. It is fun. I do not think I need to really break down why it is good if you have seen this and liked it. But I do not know it just is fun.

The Interviewer: What is your favourite drink?

Isaac Forty-One: Oh god please no more favourite things. I guess Dr Pepper? It is nice. I do not know what the else to say here. They are just drinks and I prefer that but could drink whatever. If Dr Pepper want to sponsor me though I happily would do that.

The Interviewer: What is your favourite book?

Isaac Forty-One: ...Are you just going to do favourite questions now?

The Interviewer: The next one is not a 'what is your fav' question do not worry

Isaac Forty-One: ...Okay. Well then I guess Tsotsi. It is a book that shows the differences between white and black south africa and explains using different writing styles what powerful things people must do to survive. It is a good read albeit the end is weak but I believe that is cause the author did not finish the ending before dying. I could be wrong.

The interviewer: What is your least favourite car?

Isaac Forty-One: ...Are you for real? No fuck you, I am not doing that type of question anymore. Ask me something better than this for the love of god or I am god.

The Interviewer: Calm down, we are not far off being done now. What would you be doing if you were not a hockey player?

Isaac Forty-One: Oh I actually like that question. Okay, good job. Well, if I was not chosen for this then I would just be a basic follower for the cult I guess. Making sure the temples ran or doing whatever we needed. I do not know about what I would be doing so it might have been something very simply but I love to help them out whenever I can do in the off-season so I feel like it would be that but a little more permanent. For now I have to just do interviews and sponsored chirping that I really do not like doing for the equipment seasonally.

The Interviewer: Do you get your love of interviews from your father?

Isaac Forty-One: I mean I guess yeah. It is not like the cult do not have resources to do them but it just benefits us doing podcasts or other stuff now cause it is less effort than travelling to here stupid questions. Or that was my dads reasoning.

The Interviewer: What is your dad up to these days?

Isaac Forty-One: We merged into one, becoming one with each other through cultist shit. My story is his story, his anger is my anger and that is how I am able to compete at the highest level in the Sim Hockey League. Is that what you wanted to hear? Whether that is true or not don't matter. You won't get an interview with him. Although it would be funny to see that happens if he was going to interview me since he would be the one asking the question.

The Interviewer: Okay well, I think we will wrap this up here now. So I will end this interview here. You survived the interview Isaac!

Isaac Forty-One: Oh good. Thank the god above.

The Interviewer: So, I guess do you have any final messages or comments that you wish to get out for the people to read? Now would be the time to post them.

Isaac Forty-One: I mean...Thanks for reading I guess. Thanks to every Buffalo Stampede fan and former player and staff worker for being a lovely person and very welcoming. I hope to do great things with my time here and I will try to avoid turning into my father but I avoided the Vancouver Whalers so I should be good all things considered. I just want to make sure they love having me on the team and I am good to play for them in the long term and hopefully we make great memories just like we did this season. To the Colorado Raptors, I love you guys. Keep up the great work and success will come. I guess to everyone else? No. Not at all.

The Interviewer: Alright, so with that done I will called it here. Thank you to everyone that paid attention and I guess we will see in a bit of time whether or not another one of these will be needed or not. Until then have an absolutely lovely week and stay safe wherever you may be. It is good bye for now!

Isaac Forty-One: Can I leave now?

[4096 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Tons to read through but a lot of great bits in here.
Glad to see us getting mentioned for Winnipegging (and that it worked out in your favour).
Some people dream of even getting into the finals, happy we were able to make it there a few times.

Hope all is well :beege:

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

was the copypasta segment really even worth it? like idk man, that just feels bad to include considering the emotions behind it.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

Issac will u and fitted win a casual league basketball title then also win here and be the double champ or the champ champ like Mr mcgregor??

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50