Create Account

S72 mPT #1: GMGM stands for General Manager Gold Mine

Thank you so much for bringing me back home to where this journey first began. I started my career as a Steelhawk and I'd love to end my career in Hamilton, hopefully with another trophy or two.

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

Dear @SouthPaw, per our earlier discussion I've decided to write out my thoughts about why I believe a Cuban sandwich should have, nay, deserves to have salami. (PS, thanks for/congrats on winning the cup this season.)

The Cuban Sandwich: A Flavorful Fusion of Cultures

Introduction:
The Cuban sandwich, known for its delectable combination of roasted pork, ham, Swiss cheese, pickles, and mustard pressed between Cuban bread, has become an iconic culinary delight. Although the traditional ingredients are indeed mouthwatering, the addition of salami presents a captivating twist, elevating the Cuban sandwich to new heights. This essay explores why the inclusion of salami enriches the Cuban sandwich, blending diverse flavors and histories into a delightful and harmonious culinary fusion.

Historical Crossroads:
The origins of the Cuban sandwich can be traced back to the early 20th century, emerging in Florida and later making its way to the diverse streets of Miami and Tampa. These regions became a cultural melting pot, attracting immigrants from various backgrounds, including Cuba, Spain, and Italy. As such, the Cuban sandwich embodies a confluence of different culinary traditions, and the inclusion of salami further emphasizes this rich cultural exchange.

The Mediterranean Influence:
The introduction of salami into the Cuban sandwich celebrates the Mediterranean influence on Cuban cuisine. Salami, with its savory, slightly spicy notes, represents an Italian contribution to the fusion. As Italians migrated to Cuba in the early 20th century, they brought with them their culinary expertise, including their beloved cured meats like salami. The integration of salami into the Cuban sandwich showcases how food can transcend borders and serve as a bridge between cultures.

Enhancing Flavor and Texture:
The addition of salami introduces a distinct layer of complexity to the Cuban sandwich. Its bold and robust flavors harmonize with the tender roasted pork and ham, creating a symphony of taste in every bite. Moreover, the salami's firm texture contrasts delightfully with the soft, freshly baked Cuban bread, offering a pleasant play of textures that further elevates the sandwich's overall enjoyment.

Cultural Appreciation:
Incorporating salami into the Cuban sandwich exemplifies a spirit of cultural appreciation and openness. It demonstrates how culinary traditions can be enriched when diverse cultures embrace and share their unique ingredients and flavors. By embracing the inclusion of salami in the Cuban sandwich, we acknowledge and celebrate the culinary contributions of various communities, fostering a more inclusive and accepting world.

Conclusion:
In conclusion, the Cuban sandwich is a testament to the power of cultural fusion and culinary creativity. By adding salami, we celebrate the vibrant history of the Cuban sandwich and the diverse influences that have shaped it over the years. This flavorful addition enhances the traditional ingredients, bringing new dimensions of taste and texture to the beloved sandwich. The Cuban sandwich with salami exemplifies the beauty of cultural exchange and reminds us that through the appreciation of each other's traditions, we can create truly exceptional culinary masterpieces.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2023, 01:27 AM by JMacNCheese. Edited 1 time in total.)

Dear @Hallsy and @Rotti,

You guys are amazing at what you do, keep up the good work cause you guys will continue to do great work for the Hamilton Steelhawks, all the people in the Discord, and on the website!!

PepeLove,
JMac

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

Dear GM,

I have the goal of being the greatest defenceman ever to grace the SHL, so please play me top pairing, top pp, top pk and as the extra skater so i can get as many points as possible. 

Thank you.

Joans

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

ya ok first of all i love ass there really isnt much else you can say other than i truly am an ass man who really appreciates the efforts of the great one ass

Dear hotdog,
you are the only SHL GM that took a chance on me and drafted me, now I'm an old bum and we'll see how long it takes until I vanish. Thanks for drafting me and giving me a home in the SHL

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

@luke @TheHammer43 Hey, You two are pretty rad ngl, I hope you too can get us another cup before ether one of you too retires from being a GM, love and peace to you

Snussu

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

Dear Cooper and Anthique,

You guys are the best GMs. I cannot express how grateful I am for all the opportunities you’re giving me. What you are currently building for the team is beyond every expactation I had and Texas is in such good hands with you both.

[Image: dad.png]

David-Arturri Donskoi
Regina Elk
Hey I'm DAD can I adopt you?

I like all my general managers. They cultivate a good culture while not sacrifice a competitive edge. I also know our league enjoyment is paramount to their list of priorities. Hope all Gms use them as an example. The league would be better for it.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Hi, @RashfordU! I appreciate the effort and work you've invested in the club immensely. I can't imagine a better person to work with. We're due, right?

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

My GM @CapnCooper is the best GM of all the GMs. He makes cars, cereal, genetic modifications, hosts D&D games, and often gets grand master rank in pvp games.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2023, 10:34 AM by McGriddy10.)

I want to say thank you to @CapnCooper and @Anthique for taking a shot on me and I can't wait to see how we do in the future.

Love,
Lil Bergs

[Image: McGriddy10.gif]
Credit to @KaleSalad, @Ragnar, @ValorX77, @sulovilen, and @enigmatic for my Sigs

I love my gm cause he draft me when no one else drafted me which was pretty neat. It was also a lot earlier than i expected going in the second round

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

I'm thankful to my GM Wally for giving me a team to play on this season, and for helping Toronto win its only Challenge Cup back in S35.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

@hockeyiscool:

You're pretty neat, and you don't completely suck at disc golf. Thanks for drafting me to TBB, hopefully you don't regret it any time soon.

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!