Create Account

Interview with Patrick Meyer after joining Nevada 2x first media

Reporter: Good afternoon Patrick how's been your looks at SMJHL?
Patrick: I've seen a few games and it's looking good I think I can say that the games have quality it's the preparation on SHL always wanted to play there I don't know if I will play there but I will give it the best try whatsoever.
Reporter: Thank you. So you just joined Nevada how's it looking thereĀ 
Patrick: Pretty good I'm fine with the locker room it has premium air conditioning so the air there is breathable and has a buffet right next to the arena so I like Nevada good location to have a team.
Reporter: You arrived in the league from Alabama how is hockey doing there?
Patrick: uhh it's not that bad but they don't have good academies for players so that's bad there
And for hockey, it is too hot Here. In Nevada, it's colder and I like it any other questions?
Reporter: Yes so did you play any other sports
Patrick: in middle school, I played for the school team soccer that's it I didn't play any other sports
Yes I played inline hockey for a year didn't go well as I didn't have good control over skating
Reporter: Okay how did you begin with hockey or when?
Patrick: I always when the pond was ice me and my parents skated there and my dad gave me his hockey stick when he played hockey and we had a rock as a puck I was just three and I tried shooting and passing with my parents we repeated this until I was 8 then I was skating in an ice rink
But then I tried inline hockey so in 11 I moved back to skating on the ice
Reporter: Your Father's Hockey career did he tell you something about it?
Patrick: He's like an average dad he was telling stories every day that made my interest in hockey
He played a few games in NHL that's all. nothing else next question?
Reporter: Life as a Child?
Patrick: we were quite rich I remember that once I almost died when I started drowning in a pool
But it was good we always had warm food you know it was good and chill
Reporter: So your Parent's opinion on moving to Nevada
Patrick: They were protesting in the beginning but I talked to them that it's my chance and they were thinking about it. It was a few hours before a flight to Nevada was due and they told me to go and gave me few thousand.
Reporter: Do you have any siblings?
Patrick: Two. Sister and a Younger Brother
Sis is 16 brother is 11
They are both calm and it's fun to be with them
My Sister's name is Hayley
And my brother's name is Maximilian
Reporter: Last question do you think that Nevada will have a good run?
Patrick; uhh yeah even though they had a bad start they can end 5th or 6th anyway I will try to help the team as much as I can and I expect myself to have at least 20 points and I'm pretty tired Goodbye.
Reporter: Goodbye Patrick.
558 words