Create Account

S72 mPT #3: Significant Aggro

The community around us is what really keeps me coming back. I've met a ton of great people, and talk to great people day after day. We all put in a lot of work to help the league run and its fun. Its the most important aspect of why we do what we do. If we aren't having fun why are we here. Thats why i enjoy the league so much. Its just fun.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

My love for this league easily comes from the people. I've met some of the most incredible humans in my life through this league and some of my best friends. There are too many to name, but if you're ever looking for community, this league can be a great place to find it.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

I tell all my finance and accounting fans its like real hockey, with none of the action, but all of the numbers, spreadsheets, and work.

25 words

My dearest Emily,

I know you think the SHL is kind of lame, but I swear it's not. It's like D&D, which you also don't like, but mixed with hockey, which again, you don't like.

I'm sorry my hobbies are dumb.

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

Whether you're an actual hockey fan or you play a ton of 'Chel or you're big on RP in general, the shoe fits on a lot of feet here. Plus everyone is just so dang nice. Love it!

(38 words)

Wheezing and eating.

I love this league because of the community that I've been able to participate in. I've met so many great people that I'm able to talk to about hockey, life and everything in between.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

I can't really explain it in words someone unfamiliar with the league could truly understand. The fact is, it's more than a feeling, it's not just a game, and it's bigger than just a community.

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Honestly I think I have Stockholm  syndrome. I can not explain why I love this league so much, I just can not stop participating. If I am being honest I really just want my 5 year badge with out having to make another player. I am so close, only 4-5 more months and I will get it.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

I think think why i love the league so much is really because of the small pocket of genuine and amazing people who've welcomed me with open arms. it's really hard to not have any appreciation for the league when the people i've met have shown me that im appreciated.

[Image: 485e83ad5709e90ba5a0cffccb717e08.gif]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: n5T6k5K.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
:3
Cranberry Sig by @enigmatic
Pride Skates by @sköldpaddor
"You Belong..." Banner by @sve7en

This league is dope because the people make it dope.  I have had so much fun here, it is a shame it will have to come to an end at some point.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

In order to convince a non hockey fan that this league is good fun is to assure them that you are also not a hockey fan. Then they think "oh, well, if Dom can do it and have fun while also not understanding hockey, then maybe so can I!"

[Image: jwpshl.png]

Okay Sibling B you know that weird war game we used to play back in the day before discovering the joy of idle games? This is sort of like that only instead of space battles it is ice hockey, and so while I can't attack rude players I am allowed to just not interact with them. Plus there are far more pleasant people by comparison as every general manager I have had in the league laps our old guild master in terms of friendliness.

Code:
Word Count: 84

Quite easily it's 100% the community in these leagues that keeps me coming back. Getting a chance to chat with other about all things not just Hockey has connected me with others who I'd never have had the chance to come by in my day to day goings.

[Image: wizard_literal2.gif]
[Image: SZRCDpe.png]

The sim sucks and if you expect your player to do well, they wont. But the people are all so amazing and its fun to interact with everyone each and every day.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

I think for me right now is the satisfaction of seeing your player throughout their full career, even if you don't win the cup or any big awards, just seeing the whole progression has been amazing

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!