Create Account

S73 SMJHL mPT#2 - Party Time!
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2023, 12:14 PM by Pyro182. Edited 1 time in total.)

The SMJHL is throwing a party and your team has the privilege of being the band. 
Written: who on your team would play what instruments, what kind of music you would play, what your band would be named, and how you think the night would go.
Graphic: Create a graphic showing your player/team playing instruments or posing as a band.
25 words minimum!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
Only S73 SMJHL Rookies (S74 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.[/color]
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, October 8th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

On drums, it would definitely be Oranj Konhe. He's reminds me of Animal from the Muppets in the essence of "hit anything that makes noise".

Xavier would be on lead guitar, as he possesses the energy for that.

I would want Update Portal on bass, because we would need some great leadership there.

I would put Shadow Fenix on vocals, because he does well under pressure!

This one would be a little tricky. With so many players, that's a huge band to have. I feel probably Myself and the other defenseman would be on some sort of percussion. Kavanagh would be on bass guitar as the foundation of the beat. Billy Hill would probably be loudest on vocals. Gibbles perhaps would be on a brass instrument of some kind. Its really hard to say all together who would be playing what.

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]

The band would be a jazz fusion three piece with Will Tomlander on vocals and bass guitar, Zedward Zilliams on drums and Gavin Harrison on lead guitar and keys. The band would be called Falcon Call after the noise a falcon makes, the music would be badly received because none of the players on the team are actual musicians

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

I think that the Detroit Falcons would be persuaded to form a Scandinavian Death Metal Band by Simo Jaaskalainen, who would put himself on vocals. The band would be called SKREEEMO, and along with Simo would be Stormlord Imotekh on drums, Gavin Harrison on Drums, and Zedward Zilliams on Drums. It would be pretty drum heavy but we like to hit stuff. Other band members would be Trevor Lahey on lead guitar, Prince Marius on Rhythm guitar, Mike Badcock on Bass and Luma Lee would provide haunting backup vocals. Marek Carda would attempt to be the manager of the band, and overall they'd be really bad and nobody would like them - especially the rival SMJHL bands - who upon finding a box of spoiled tomatoes, would hurl them at SKREEEMO at the earliest opportunity.

\

For brevity, I'll just use some of the newer members. I think Langston would be on bass guitar, I think Squidwardo Tentacles would be on the mic as he is a preeminent talker among the group, Kaarlo Koivunen would be on the drums and Fred Bread would be on guitar. Additional instruments would include Tony Blundetto on cowbell, and Jaxson Reaper on piano. I think we would play some form of rock, we would be called the Pupper Uppers and the night would go fine. just fine.

88 words

[Image: lhlsigv2.jpg?ex=65cd244a&is=65baaf4a&hm=...5a69dcac4&]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

The Knights would have a traveling bard band of ye olde times. Various members would have lutes, pan flutes, lyres, violins, a horn, etc. Our leader artermis would lead with vocals of our regaling tales on ice.

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

10-02-2023, 10:57 AMibuprofenaddict Wrote: I think that the Detroit Falcons would be persuaded to form a Scandinavian Death Metal Band by Simo Jaaskalainen, who would put himself on vocals. The band would be called SKREEEMO, and along with Simo would be Stormlord Imotekh on drums, Gavin Harrison on Drums, and Zedward Zilliams on Drums. It would be pretty drum heavy but we like to hit stuff. Other band members would be Trevor Lahey on lead guitar, Prince Marius on Rhythm guitar, Mike Badcock on Bass and Luma Lee would provide haunting backup vocals. Marek Carda would attempt to be the manager of the band, and overall they'd be really bad and nobody would like them - especially the rival SMJHL bands - who upon finding a box of spoiled tomatoes, would hurl them at SKREEEMO at the earliest opportunity.

The problem here is that absolutely all of this is correct and precisely what I would have posted, therefore I will be filing a claim for "gimmick infringement" and loss of earnings posthaste.

What ibuprofenaddict doesn't recognise is that SKREEEEEEEMO - the name will gain extra E's every time it is used - would in fact only be opening for the true headliner of the event, all-star and best goalie in the league Wayne Holloway with his slam poetry act. It will fall on deaf ears, however, as those handful of revellers not turned off by SKREEEEEEEEEEEEMO would have already been rendered actively deaf. So it goes.

I'd like to think we would perfectly mimic the Peanuts band from Charlie Brown Christmas. Its almost the season, anyway, and I've been thinking about Snoopy a lot today. Id handle the Cello, of course, with Tomato and ISJ on Guitar and Piano respectively. I'm really not sure what name we could go for, and my lack of creativity is lending itself to "Spooky Scarecrow Peanuts Christmas Cover Band" or SSPCCB for short.

[Image: hamsahoney.gif]

I think I’d probably go with the 74 rookies as a new, up and coming alt rock band. Since this is my scenario, I’m going to be the lead vocalist. On lead guitar, let’s throw Langston in there! Squidwardo on drums, surely the extra limbs would work well there. Fred Bread sounds like a guy who slaps a mean bass. Karlo on the rhythm guitar/back up vocalist. And then rounding out the band, Newton would play some electric keytar!

10-02-2023, 10:57 AMibuprofenaddict Wrote: I think that the Detroit Falcons would be persuaded to form a Scandinavian Death Metal Band by Simo Jaaskalainen, who would put himself on vocals. The band would be called SKREEEMO, and along with Simo would be Stormlord Imotekh on drums, Gavin Harrison on Drums, and Zedward Zilliams on Drums. It would be pretty drum heavy but we like to hit stuff. Other band members would be Trevor Lahey on lead guitar, Prince Marius on Rhythm guitar, Mike Badcock on Bass and Luma Lee would provide haunting backup vocals. Marek Carda would attempt to be the manager of the band, and overall they'd be really bad and nobody would like them - especially the rival SMJHL bands - who upon finding a box of spoiled tomatoes, would hurl them at SKREEEMO at the earliest opportunity.
I actually have expertise with an instrument and just request that I instead be in trombone. Everything else could be the same, but maybe put a vocalist or two on the steel pan and we can get a proper ska band going.

[Image: zZUJPDG.jpg]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

Myself i would play the piano and i feel like we would have a few more people in our band like fubalt fulw and some others playing quitar and drums then badwolf singing

[Image: cVahF90.png]

Man, I just got here so IDK, but I'm guessing Gabe is singing lead.  He's also gonna do that Maroon 5 thing where he pretends to play a guitar but only jams like one chord on the thing and then puts it back on the stand.  I guess I'd be on drums although I wouldn't say thats necessarily a good thing. And lets keep it a good rookie vibe and put Benny on Bass (alliteration) and Uzii on the keys and singing backup.  Our band is called Boatz and Ho(ckey player)s.

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

We all know who would player where obviously.

Mercedes Baylé - would be vocals as they are the focal point of the team
Guy Incognito - as the guitarist - as he is secretly the ghost writer for all the songs in disguise
Boho Biscuit - the snack provided roadie
Bartholomew Chungus Gingersnap III - as the aggressive drummer
Mikkel Enevoldsen - as the bassist just happy to strum along to a sick beat - doesnt care if he doesnt have the fame

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]