Create Account

Detroit Falcons Team Blog, Week 2

What up, Falcons. Simo here, taking his turn writing the team blog for the week. The team gave me a bunch of questions I could answer like an interview if I got stuck and couldn't think about anything to write, but obviously you guys follow me on Chirper (@darthsimo) so you know I don't have a thought that doesn't get written up somewhere.

So look, I wanna say right here and now that I'm taking my share of the responsibility for the season being as stinky as it is so far. The front office took a gamble on me with a high pick in the draft and you'd have to be real nice to say I've lived up to it - bottom of the league in goals conceded again, awful penalty kill and way too many shots being let through. It's not just my fault but I don't want to throw blame on anybody and try to dodge it myself. We have an amazing goalie in Wayne and we are not doing enough to help him as a team.

The schedule has been insane though. 9 games in 2 weeks when we had teams sitting on 4 or 5 is so harsh on the body you wouldn't believe, we were flying all over the place and having no time for proper practise then playing a team coming in with 5 days rest. Compare us playing against Yukon to our last game and you can see it's a different squad. We all know back to backs happen but I hope now we have so many of them done and out of the way, things are going to start to pick up and us Falcons can fly again.

One thing that is good about the locker room here, and definitely with us rookies, is everybody keeps pushing everybody else. Something that comes up when we have team meetings and bash our heads together is asking everybody "what are you doing to get better?" and "what are you going to work on?", and I know what I'm going to work on is strength. It's good to bench press 300 pounds but I need to take that strength and put it on the ice - there is no point being that strong in the weight room and getting pushed out of the corners. I used to be the strongest guy on the team back in Sweden, but this is a different world. And hey, if I get a load of Chirper followers I might stream my workouts. There's team records I gotta break and I need my fans to help me do it!

By the way, thanks for voting for me for highlight of the week. You can feel when you've laid a hit in good and I know Gordie Gibbles is still going to be feeling it today. Next time he comes to town, I'm going to do it again. And harder. Because if we're going to lose, we're going to make the other team regret winning the next day.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2023, 06:37 PM by ibuprofenaddict. Edited 1 time in total.)

Nothing hits the spot like laying Gibbles out, eh?

\

Falcons Falcons Falcons

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

Dear Detroit

Let us win one for a change, please

-Regina.

Nice blog, the season is still young I'm sure you all will turn it around

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Falcons Falcons Falcons

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Yo I said please and everything! Come on friends

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!