Create Account

S73 PT#2: Who's on First?

Option 1 btw

For starters I think it is a very good idea to get a more or less competitive game at a hockey camp so buying tickets for the winning team is just wonderful. But within all honestly the only good seats for the kids would near the entrance so they could see their favorite players coming in and going out as well as have a chance of getting an autograph or some other hockey memorabilia from them, as long as the coaching staff at LAP remember to inform us players that there are some winning kids at the stands tonight who wish to see their favorite guys in action. Since the rivalry between SFP and LAP is so tight for the greatest cat team in the league, the juniors would be able to witness first hand how LAP handles the lesser cat logo teams easily. With the ticket they would get a beverage package as well, with a cake pop, small popcorn and a drink of choice - cause we love our juniors

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2023, 07:19 PM by hockeyfan.)

Option 1 -

Thank goodness that camp is nearly over. Let’s just say, Ace Lightning hates children. Anyways, now the winning team gets free tickets to a Toronto North Stars game. Unfortunately, we aren’t the greatest team but that’s okay. We want to set them up right behind the visitors penalty box so that they are free to yell and heckle whenever somebody makes a boo-boo from the other team. I am also thinking that we want them to come to a game against the Manhattan Rage or the Montreal Patriotes, because apparently they both are not very good teams which gives us a better chance to win, and to send the kids home happy. But that’s not all, we are very happy to show them around the great city of Toronto. First, we will hit the mall and then we will stay warm by the garbage fires created by all the homeless.

[Image: FydArY3.png]

Option 1:

There are a bunch of great seats in the Vancouver arena, but since we trained the kids in the camp - we want to treat them to the best seats in the house - right behind our player box. Of course, we don't want the other scrimmage team to be too sad, as everyone should be rewarded for their participation in camp - it is to enjoy the sport of hockey, we wouldn't want to turn off any potential studs now would we? Their seats would be slightly worse, but it would still be a seat in the arena.

As for the matchup, we want the kids to see the Whalers at their best, so we are going to invite them to our matchup against Kelowna, currently the team at the bottom of the league. Hopefully we can score lots of points and get the kids excited about the game in Hockey. Afterwards, we all will eat poutine.

157 words

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]

OPTION 1 - To the Victors Go the Spoils

Written Task: Your camp is nearly over and the kids are happy, but now the organization is considering buying tickets for the winning scrimmage team to one of your games. What seats do you suggest for the kids? Which game against which team? Do you have anything else in mind for them to do while they visit your city?

If I have said it once. I have said it one hundred times. To the victors go the spoils. I would recommend to the organization that the winning team be given seats at center ice on the club level as it is the best seat in the house. You can see the entire ring clearly and easily. After all the winning team did have to beat several others to get this opportunity. Prior to the game. I would love to take the winning team to dinner my treat. Then let the kids have a glimpse of what I go through each day to get ready for a game including the bus ride to the game and taking everything inside to the lockers. Also we can have a small Q&A and send them up to the club level shortly before doors open. After the game I would invite everyone down to the ice for a fun little skate session before they take their trip home.

Option 1

Since Manhattan is not doing so well these days, the best seats honestly would be the ones in some nice burger restaurant in the concourse. But if that's not an option, I'd highly suggest seats behind the glass, as that's where they can really see the pace and physicality that high-level ice hockey is about. In general I think higher you go you can see the game better, but kids probably would not appreciate that as much as just watching the players very closely.  And because victory games are more fun and way better PR, I'd mark the next Montreal game in the calendar. That could be one of the better games there will be for the home fans this season. There isn't much to do besides Rage games in New York City, so it's pretty hard to come up with other plans... Nah, obviously they should at least visit some place where they can get a nice view of the surroundings. Maybe Empire State Building?

[Image: sulov.gif]

Option 2:

Ty Murphy is a simple man.  He works out, he drinks bourbon, he loves money AND sex.  His tastes are equally predictable when it comes to defensemen on his team.  He does not care what they do as long as their saucing him the puck so he can get his primary assists.  Clear the crease, dig out the corners, and sauce ya boy T Murph the puck please.  In exchange, T Murph will provide a secondary assist.  What defenseman doesn't love a secondary assist?  Its like the perfect bargaining chip during contract renegotiations.  "Hmm you looked a little slow for the first line last season" "But coach, look at all the assists I had!  I can play both sides of the puck!".  The goalie will make the saves, you don't have to worry about that.  Just be physical, clear the crease, hell you could even lug the puck and skate up into the play.  But be sure to sauce that dirty thing to T Murphy when you're done.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

I guess the best thing I can say to defensemen is if I'm going to help you by scoring more goals than you let in, the best thing they can do is help me help them by getting me the puck. I don't really care what method they use, body check or stick check, kamikaze dive or stick chop, do what you gotta do to get the puck and either dont get caught doing something illegal or do things that are borderline enough that you dont get called too too often. Then, when you get the puck from your victim, give it to me. Then we proceed with the plan as previously laid out. I score a boat load of goals, and you can just have fun and do whatever you want because even if you dont play real defense, they probably arent going to score enough to overpower our offense. And if they do, then we'll just score more.

Option 2

I think the defenseman need to focus on one aspect of the ice more than the other, and no it is not the defensive zone. While it is important for defenseman to focus on protecting our zone, I believe it is more important for them to protect the neutral zone too. Cut the play off in the neutral zone and you all of a sudden create offensive chances. Of course, there is a risk reward situation that happens when you pinch up too much. You could potentially cause the opponent to have a two on one, or worse a break away. What it really comes down to, I want my defensive buddies to take a chance every now and again to make that risky play. I want them to use their hockey IQ and make the a calculated risk for a huge reward. Sure, they can join the rush if they need to help create scoring chances, but be smart about it.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

I think that the best seats in the house are right on the glass next to the penalty box area. Its such a thirlling experience to sit that close to the ice. You can really see how fast of a game hockey is from all the way down there. Its not like little dots or something that are just aimlessly floating around the screen chasing a black pixel or something. Players crash into the glass, drinks fall from the boards for the attendees. THere is really no better space for the scrimmage winners to be able to sit. our buffalo GM squad can be a little frugal with their money so nash is more than happy to offer up some of his personal bank in order to give these kids a real taste of the action! Of course we would treat them to food and drinks as well so they could have the best experience out there!

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

I think I have a bit of real life experience for something like this. Basically, The NOLA Specters aren't really a good team (yet). How do you get the kids excited to see a team that doesn't really have any stars? Just bring them to a game against a team that does. So Wisconsin's best choice here for what game to bring them to would be against probably the Winnipeg Aurora. Both Wisconsin and Rocky played for the Specters, so there's still the connection for her. As for what to do in the city, there's a lot of fun things to do in New Orleans, but unfortunately not much that kids can also enjoy. So I guess it'd mostly be like an educational trip for them. Go on a history tour or something, teach the kids something. But the main purpose is just getting these kids excited to see a professional hockey game.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

OPTION 2 - Defending Defensemen

My job is to keep pucks out of the goal. If a puck fails then I failed that shift, simple as that. First of all priority is to limit shots against. Second I need to limit chances to poor chances. This means shots from the outside, or bad angles, interfering with the shot if I can't block it so that the offence doesn't get full power behind it, clearing the front of the net so there isn't a bad tip, and cleaning up any potential rebounds that my man Base Pack won't need to worry about when he is playing the shooter. Grinding for that puck in the corner, putting the body down to make a block, and just being very tough to play against. It might mean the occasional penalty, but forwards know when they are going in front of a net with Barca that they are getting bruises.
Get the puck up to the wingers so they can do their thing on O.

Code:
169 Words

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

OPTION 2 - Defending Defensemen

Since the beginning of my career as a professional defenseman in the SHL, I have always put the defensive aspect of the game as my top priority. I was always bigger than everyone in my youth, and even now it still the case, so it was very easy to focus my game on checking, hitting, and blocking shot. Every shift without a goal being scored against us was a win for me, and the biggest satisfaction for me was finishing the season with a positive +/-. When I started in the SHL I also started to work a bit more on my offensive skill, I wanted to become a more complete defenseman, and help the team in all aspect of the game. In the back of my head, even if Im training a bit more on my offensive skill right now, I will always be a more defensive defenseman, I just want to be a monster that other forward dont want to mess with.

163 words

I always tell the kids to go all out and get the seats tright behind the opposing teams bench. Because you need to get the best seats in the house to see the flow and pace of thr hockey game - otherwise what is even the point? The teams you play against dont even matter all that much, its just getting to see all the players up close and personal and going about their day to day routine! If you come to KEL, we have great skiing in the wintertime, and a hot spot fot boating in the summer, if that's your jam! Not sure why you would want to see anyone else other than the KEL Knights all stars out there slugging it out every single night for their home crowd? I mean its honestly a no brainer that you should just be there front row for the hockey, everything else is secondary!

“I thought I was a goalie, but STA told me forget being a goalie they make nothing, and no one cares about them.  Guess what I was a center all along and I had no idea. Now I am the toast of the town, and I am getting offers from all the GMs and Scouts.”

– Spidey Talent Agency, on Activity Check