Create Account

S73 PT#5: I'm Gonna Win The Cupyright

Even considering Egli's outburst during the last game he feels that he has created a special bond with those kids. What started as a couple weeks long beach vacation ended with a bunch of friends that he will have for the rest of his life. So as you might guess, when he heard that micool filed a lawsuit against those adorable little fuckers - Egli knew that he had to do something. Egli isn't exactly the litigious type, he'll leave that to the lawyers, but revenge is something that he could take care of himself. 

Egli went out and rented one of those big cargo vans with enough seats to fit the whole team. The first stop was to the mall where Egli decked the entire team out in all black. Black sweaters, pants, shoes, balaclavas, you know, the regular. Next, he took the entire team on a tour to every grocery store in Edmonton. I'm sure you can guess what they bought.

That's fucking right. Eggs. Every god damned carton of eggs in ever god damned grocery store in a city of 980,000 people.

They waited until the dark of night before they let loose, and by god in was a marvelous sight. The eggs piled up twice the height of his car and three times as wide. The best part is that tomorrow is going to be a hot day, those eggs will bake in the morning sun and get hard as cement. That dick head micool will need a jack hammer to get his shitty Camry out of Egg Mountain.

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2023, 10:17 PM by karey.)

[Image: IMG_8410.png?ex=6552d877&is=65406377&hm=...da6ca18d2&]

When @Aephino trades me and don’t tell me

Option 1)

Micool, buddy, you really wanna come at me like that? Lets be civil now. You wouldn't want me to air YOUR dirty laundry would you? You know, about exactly how you acquired the largest collection of Ice Level trading cards on the site? Man to man, I think we can come to an agreement that works for both of us. I think you're gonna like this a lot.

Here's my proposal: you in good faith for a new but decent friend drop your suit against the federation, everything is water under the bridge and I'll talk to my guy about the importance of respecting intellectual property. In return, I'll ship off a few logo cards your way and forget that I said anything about your lil card racket that has you firmly atop the ranking as top card collector on the site. That works for both of us, right? What do you say, help a buddy out?

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

Option 2:

Being traded to a new team is nothing new for Ryosuke Sato. Initially planning to stay his entire career on the Toronto North Stars, Sato found himself on a handful of other teams as teams looked for his service and the North Stars got a bountiful return, including the return of Sato himself on numerous occasions. And so, if Sato were to be once again traded to a new team, he would adjust quite well. He knows that his role is probably a depth defenseman at this point and to basically try not to be a liability on the ice. This is easier said than done. But off the ice, he can certainly bring a little bit of veteran leadership and experience, talking to the youngin's in the locker room and sharing his wisdom of being in the league for so long. It's a fast pace league and scoring is up, but Sato will just play his sound defensive game and keep it going that way.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Quote:Written Task: If your player got traded to a new team, how would they go about adjusting and learning the new system?

When a hockey player gets traded to a new team, adapting to the new environment and system is crucial. Initially, they'd immerse themselves in team culture, forging relationships with teammates and staff. This camaraderie enhances communication and unity on and off the ice. To understand the new system, they'd study team tactics, coaching strategies, and player roles. Video analysis and one-on-one discussions with coaches and experienced players would be pivotal in grasping the nuances.

On the ice, adapting requires practice and patience. Learning the new playbook, understanding line chemistry, and adapting to positional changes are vital. They'd also work on improving skills and fitness to meet the team's requirements. Off the ice, acclimatizing to the new city and its fans fosters mental well-being. Lastly, maintaining a positive attitude and showing commitment to the team's success is essential. Transitioning to a new team can be challenging, but with dedication, adaptability, and hard work, a player can thrive in their new hockey environment.

(169 words)

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

Option 2:

If Tingle were traded to a new team he would undoubtedly struggle mightily learning the new systems of that team. He seems to struggle no matter where he ends up. A very good minor league player but has proven to be a subpar player in the big leagues who can’t do much to help his team win. A team trying to acquire him would be foolish to do so because he would struggle so bad at learning their systems and how to implement them during the games. It may take him 5 + seasons to be able to make an impact and by that time he will be retired anyways. The best thing to do would be for him to stay put and hope to have some sort of an effect down the road for his current team. They may get one to two good seasons out of him by the time he learns the systems of his current team.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2023, 03:54 PM by MikeLiut. Edited 2 times in total.)

PBE affiliate

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

PT Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2023, 03:45 AM by Jakesdy. Edited 1 time in total.)

Option 1
Our legal defense to the copyright infringement claim brought by @micool132 is primarily based on fair use rules. While the phrase "I'm gonna win the cup" may be a trademark of @micool132 in relation to professional hockey, using the phrase in the context of a press interview with our captain does not violate their trademark rights. Fair use allows limited use of copyrighted material without permission for the purposes of criticism, commentary, teaching, etc. In this case, our captain’s statement was made spontaneously in response to a question from the press about his expectations for the upcoming international tournament. This was not a deliberate attempt to appropriate @micool132's trademark for commercial gain. Additionally, our captain's statement does not in any way mislead or dissuade consumers in any way. The phrase "I'm gonna win the cup" is a common phrase used in various sports and competitive activities. It is not unique to the @micool132 trademark. Therefore, we argue that the use of this phrase meets the definition of fair use, and the sponsoring country, Belarus, should not be held liable for copyright infringement.
Word count: 187

[Image: M3SilsV.png]
Sig by @enigmatic

Opt 2

I have no idea in which of the many universes we exist Goerg N'Zola would get traded way from the LA Panthers, probably in the one where he is just a bum backup goaltender with no desire for hockey whatsoever - but if that would ever happen to him it would be simply just about learning the basics with the new team all over again, as in doing all the basic training drills with the new staff members and how they run it as well as doing them with those new teammates and how they themselves train, all in all it would simply be a matter of learning the team altogether through training. Who knows if it would be either hard or easy to do, the new team might even have their training at a whole different time of the day which would mean that Georg would have to change his own schedule for the day so his specific rhythm does not get messed up too badly

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Task 2:

This is only hypothetical question to answer for mr. William Salming because he has never been traded. He has been a man of one club. Both in the SMJHL and SHL. He has represented only Quebec City Citadelles and Seattle Argonauts. But if William would be traded, making a good first impression would be a crucial. When entering to a new locker room, Salming would shake hands with everyone and then maybe ask two veteran players and head coach of the new club in a meeting room with him. There Salming would want them to explain theirs system. William could ask questions about offensive zone structure, neutral zone defence, defending in the own zone and how to kill penalties or play in PP. William would also want to know what to do with the puck in the rush attacks. Should he attack net or look for a pass to the second wave? When those things would be clear, then it would be pretty easy for William to do those things on the ice from game one because he is a fast learner.

[Image: salming.png]

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

As much I have to agree with that slogan being 100% micools, I would just approach him in the Inferno locker room and talk with him. I am sure we can come to a compromise after I explain that while I love the confidence in the captain of the Norwegian captain, we both know they will not be winning the cup anytime soon. I will bring micool in to talk to the kids and have him explain, the reasoning for his unrest(years of futility) and why he doesn't want anyone else to use the slogan. Then to thank him for his time and to make the lawsuit go away the nation of Norway will be funding his unhealthy hockey card obsession and paying for his card subscription for the next ten years. Therefor ensuring him that his  greatest card collection, will continue to grow without him having to worry about paying for anything. We will also be supplying him with 4 cases of Tim Horton's hockey cards for personal use at home as well.

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

PT pass

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]