Create Account

S74 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2023, 06:49 PM by thedangazone. Edited 2 times in total.)

Congratulations on being drafted! The hard work starts now, and your teammates are all ready to get to know you!.
Written option: You just walked into the locker room for the first time. How did your new teammates respond? Did they organize anything to welcome you and the other draftees to the team? Must include at least 150 words.
Graphic option: Make an image depicting a couple of members of your team hanging out together in the locker room. Must include the team logo somewhere.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S74 SMJHL Rookies (S75 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Deadline: Tuesday, Dec 5th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Upon seeing Jesus Murphy walk into the Anchorage Armada dressing room for the first time, it became immediately clear to His teammates that they were in for a full diva experience. Despite the rapidly decreasing fall temperatures of Anchorage, Murphy entered the building wearing a thin robe and sandals, and ordered the team water boy to squirt a trail of water along the path to the dressing room so that he could literally walk on water. Some members of the team didn't quite know how to react with the rookie's ego being as strong as it was, and decided to just play along until some veteran presences cracked down. Some of Murphy's fellow rookies, however, took issue with the literal god complex on display and confronted him. While Murphy respected their views on humility, he told them simply to watch out for times when there were only one set of skate tracks on their path around the ice, because those are the times when Murphy would be carrying them to victory.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

It was pretty easy to integrate myself into the Carolina Kraken locker room, since I had spent a few weeks practicing with the team already. But once the rest of the draftees made their way to our facility, we organized a games night, that led to a slumber party, that finished off with a nature hike! Everyone has been very kind and welcoming, and we got to spend a few hours with some of the recent alumni, as they spend some of their last moments in our facility before heading off to the big leagues. It was great to get some advice, and to learn about the history and legacy of this franchise, and we were all left inspired, hoping to leave our own brushstroke on the masterpiece that is the Kraken. We have a lot of work left to do before we suit up for our first games, but after a nice weekend of bonding, it seems likely that we can find some great chemistry out of the gate.

11-28-2023, 06:37 PMBadWolf Wrote:
[quote pid='3443639' dateline='1701211064']
Stepping into the locker room, Wyatt King was greeted with cheers and warm smiles from his new teammates. Banners reading "Welcome to the Team, Rookies!" adorned the space, signaling a thoughtful welcome. The team had organized an impromptu gathering, fostering camaraderie among the players. Seasoned teammates took the opportunity to share insights and advice, emphasizing the unity integral to the team's culture.

Beyond the initial introductions, a team dinner was scheduled for the evening, providing a platform for deeper connections. This thoughtful initiative showcased the team's commitment to building a supportive community. As Wyatt navigated the first day, he not only found himself part of a team but embraced a sense of belonging within a close-knit athletic family. The genuine camaraderie and mentorship set the stage for a promising season ahead.

[/quote]

The Colorado Raptors selected Andrade La Sombra with the seventeenth overall pick. With that, the Raptors had helped secure a lethal threat on the left side of the offensive forwards, a promising prospect that plans to show the world exactly what they missed out on. His teammates were just as excited to have the star Mexican sensation on their team, as La Sombra, along with fellow draftees Pinli Switchbang and Supreme Dalek, were all greeted with one of the biggest dino parties the draftees had ever seen. Drinks and merriment were had, as the Raptors threw adoration and glee realizing they had locked down their players of the future. While they enjoyed the draft night, it was all business the following day as the S74 draft class began to get to work on their training. It was time to earn their place amongst the Raptors legends, and La Sombra in particular was passionate and intense about proving that he belonged in the SMJHL.

Code:
163 words

[Image: 9kneOLq.png]

[Image: OEWq2ua.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Right winger Teemu Salami was selected in the third round by the Detroit Falcons. After making the long journey from Helsinki, Finland to Detroit, Salami was greeted by the front office, coaches, current players, and fellow rookies. Salami was one of four Falcons selected on Saturday night, with the others being defenseman Kal Åkar Kekkonen, center Æric Calland, and goalie Luke Fromm. Salami was ecstatic to see the team had prepared charcuterie boards with seemingly endless amounts of salami, cheese, and crackers. While Salami was thrilled to see the food offerings to go along with a well-stocked bar, he was more excited to see a few familiar faces in Stormlord Imotekh (@JoeSteel), Emil Karlsson (@dankoa), and Trevor Lahey (@DigDoug11). After stuffing his face full with salami, Salami mingled with the rest of the team while he sipped on old fashioned cocktails. While Salami didn't know much about Detroit before Saturday night, he couldn't have asked for a better landing spot.

[Image: dinonuggets2.gif]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]
Credit to Amidships & sulovilen

Having flown into Maine from Quebec, Edouard Lavoie met two of his new teammates before even leaving the province. Edouard, Mia, and JJ Frankie JJ took the short flight from Montreal into the United States together. The new crew met up with Shotty McStopper and Jonesy Fortnite before touring the Timber facilities including Cross Insurance Arena in Portland and the various training facilities in the area. The three Quebecois had already spent time in Maine having signed DFA contracts with the team at the end of the last season and therefore had already met many of their new teammates as well as organizational staff. This time around, things were much more official as they began preparing for the upcoming season with big shoes to fill. The organization went all out with personal coaching and meal programs, housing assistance, transit assistance, among other amenities. Some of the Timber staff organized a hike for the new players to Acadia National Park to get to know each other a bit better.

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2023, 10:37 PM by Spritestuff. Edited 1 time in total.)

(381 words)

Jack Keigan walked into the kraken locker room for the very first time, and was met with the worst situation a young immature person could ever face in another room willed with young immature people.

Someone beefed.

It wasn't just any beef. It was eye watering. The smell so rancid you wouldn't be allowed to use it against protestors. Jack had been in this situation before, and knew he had to act quickly yet carefully. If he didnt handle the situation just right, he would forever be known as Fart Keigan, or some other silly nickname.
Analysing the room, Jack noted the dead silence. No one had taken credit for the gaseous assualt on their sacred shared place. Likely the first one to open their mouth and point it out would be officially decried as the smelt-er who dealt-her.
Westley Kirtpatrick, a veteren on the team, locked eyes with Jack. Mere micro-seconds had passed since he had entered the room but Jack knew the look on Kirtpatricks eyes. He was about to throw him under the bus. Jack was going to become Mr Farts for the rest of his time on the Kraken. Sure. It's easy to blame on the new guy. There was nothing left to do.

But another pair of eyes locked with Jacks. It was Cob O'Corn. Cob O'Corn was a true leader. His eyes told Jack straight away- I will protect you.

Before Westley could open his mouth, Cob O'Corn leapt up from his seat, rubbing his belly and yelling "wooow sorry about that fellahs. I hope you enjoyed my breakfast as much as I did"

The rest of the locker room burst out laughing. The giant piece of corn has succesfully defused the situation. Jack was saved. The young hockey player couldn't stop a single tear roll down his eye as he faces his saviour. Mouthing silently two words, two words that would ensure Jack's loyalty for the rest of his career.

"Thank You"

Cob O'Corn winked back a deviloushly corny smile.

"You're Welcome"

As the room continued on with their preperations for one of the best practice sessions they ever had, Betzee Nickelback allowed themselves the tinyiest of smiles. They had done it. They had gotten away with it. For it was they, who beefed.

[Image: AMGjstP.png]

Walking into the locker room at Quebec was as expected, a rather warm welcome and celebration. Having already met some of the team as a DFA, there were no extra introductions needing to be done, just happy faces and plenty of congratulations. Overall, it was a welcoming reaction, and helped make everyone excited to get the season going. As for the other rookies, we were herded into the owlet area, which was a complete and utter mess, and left to clean up after the S74 draft class. Perhaps it served as sort of orientation, but Ju-gong, Demir, and Fredrik were left with no other choice but to clean up the chaos left behind. Outside of being introduced to such a warzone of an area, all three rookies were welcomed with open arms, with a fair bit of joking and teasing. So far, the locker room has been fantastic, and surely many stories and fun moments will come along with such a lively group.

I'd like to think my new teammates were happy to see me if I am being honest. There's always concern about 'legacy' players who think their great because of what their parents did but I am more than happy to prove I am my own man. From what I am told by my new teammates there's always a small bit of hazing but nothing that serious. We all got to put on our very own 'Berserker' costumes and pose with hockey stick shaped battleaxes. To be honest I don't even think you can consider that hazing because how many of us would wield a hockey stick shaped battleaxe if you had the chance?

Exactly.

I had a lot of fun meeting my new teammates, coaches and fellow draftees. The food spread was kind of killer, how many places do you go to that has a brie cheese fountain? What about moose jerky or duck pate? You can find it all in Newfoundland.

Mia Lavoie's introduction to the SMJHL was a DFA contract with the Maine Timber. This means she had the opportunity to spend some time with the team during the excitement of their post-season run, giving her a chance to get to know them before the draft. Not only that, but Mia had the benefit of joining the team with Edouard Lavoie, JJ Frankie JJ, and Shotty McStopper who she already knew and loved all too well. Given the circumstances, her first official day in the locker room was an amazing one. Put simply, it felt like home. She and her fellow draftees received a warm welcome from the rest of the team, and the Timber staff pulled out all the stops to make their first day an enjoyable one. After getting settled into the locker room and finalizing housing arrangements and various other amenities, Mia joined a number of her teammates on a hike in Acadia National Park. The adventure brought the team even closer together, and brought about a new sense of excitement for the season ahead.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

They're probably a little shocked by my height. You don't normally get a 5 foot flat professional hockey player, so they might mistake me for like, a foot stool... or a water boy. Pinli's a pretty sociable guy so he shakes the hand of every Raptor, including all of the training and equipment staff. He wants to get to know all of the people he'll be spending the next 4 years with really well. He'll only be able to succeed with all of their help! Then, when it comes time to hit the ice, I'll show all the other players why I'm here! I'll start doing my dipsy doodles and tape-to-tape passes from impossible angles. I'm tough to catch and even tougher to get off the puck. Low center of gravity and all that. I might not have the best shot on the team but I can put it on anyone's stick from damn near anywhere on the ice and with any amount of defense around me. I let my linemates fill the net in a scrimmage and then take them out for dinner!

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

The moment Niclas Wastlund walked through the doors of the players entrance of the Langley Events Centre, the Vancouver Whalers home arena, the welcoming process began. The first person to greet you is Marissa, one of the locker room attendants. Armed with an iPad, they had everything ready and knew who I was instantly. I was handed a large team bag full of Whalers clothing, our official workout gear and even custom Vancouver Whalers Kizik shoes! Then we entered the equipment room where we met with Lou, the equipment manager. I told them what specific helmet, gloves, stick and curve I prefer to use and it will all be outfitted for me by the first preseason game. Lou then asked what we wanted for our official number. I chose 26 which is one of my favorite numbers but also one of the best choices they had available as well. Marissa led me towards the team locker room but that's when she left to take care of another matter, but then I found my stall that already was setup with my favorite energy drink, Gorilla Mind Arctic White and some more workout clothes that I could change into. A couple other teammates entered the locker room and I got to meet them, they were Lily Jin Morrow and Remington Richardson III. Both of them being extremely talented players that will definitely lead us this season, it was really great to meet them. LJM and RR3 asked if I had seen the ice yet so I followed them out to ice level.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]