Create Account

S74 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2023, 09:59 PM by Ragnar. Edited 1 time in total.)

When I first got to my locker room, I was welcomed by @sve7en who was in his custom hockey tank top that he wears on the ice. @ItsFrenchie was also there, being very insufferably French about everything, as is to be expected from someone who is French. Just because yall invented French fries and French toast you think you’re all hot shit. Did French Canadians invent those things? No. That’s what I thought. Also, there was also a lot of cool people and we even played a neat game the first night I was in the locker room. Gardic phone or something I think it was called. It was a lot of fun and I hope we play it again. I made some sigs for some people pretty much immediately and I hope to make some more because I really really like Carolina’s branding. The orange and dark gray is absolutely top notch.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

[img][Image: img]
He was presented this photo by his teammates when he arrived to Colorado, and although it was unique it made Wiseman crack a smile and laugh at how accurate it was in the long run of it.

Nationality: Usa
Trent Wisemen - Raptors
Two-way Defenseman
[Image: image-2023-12-18-232600166.png]
Made by Wasty with love and care!

Dooddles (a Florida man), was over the moon when he was drafted by the Carolina, as he had never left the continental united states, but now finally got the opportunity. He booked the first available flight over to Carolina in his excitement and spent the better part of the day driving a rental to the other side of the state not realizing where the team's facilities actually were.
The Carolina Kraken welcomed Dooddles with their customary wailing of the pool noodles ceremony. Each noodle represents a tentacle of the Kraken, and the Carolina Kraken has many tentacles. Afterwards the team all ate orange jello together as it represents the blood of the Kraken and you are what you eat. Next, the team did the customary bag skate. The bag represents the ink sack of the Kraken, demonstrating the team's fierceness. Finally, they all went out to dinner at Fudruckers as is tradition.

As I walked into the locker room, the scent of fresh ice and anticipation filled the air. My heart raced, and my palms were slick with a mix of nerves and excitement. Today was my first day with the Nevada Battleborn hockey team, and I couldn't believe I was standing among these talented athletes.

The coach welcomed me with a firm handshake, and the team greeted me with a mix of friendly smiles and nods. I slipped into my crisp Battleborn jersey, feeling the weight of the emblem on my chest. The ice beckoned, and I stepped onto the rink, the cold biting through my skates.

The first practice was a whirlwind of speed and precision. The puck danced across the ice as we honed our skills and built camaraderie. I struggled to keep up, but the team rallied around me, offering tips and encouragement.

As the day unfolded, I realized I wasn't just joining a team; I was becoming part of a family. The Nevada Battleborn embraced me, and as the final whistle blew, I knew this was the beginning of an unforgettable journey. Today marked the start of my legacy with the Battleborn, and I couldn't wait for the victories and challenges ahead.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2023, 01:27 AM by AarBear. Edited 5 times in total.)

Aaron Meier's heart raced as he stepped onto the ice for his first day with the Great Falls Grizzlies hockey team. The roar of the crowd outside that gave him a big round of applause, the crisp chill in the air in Great Falls, and the echo of blades slicing through the ice filled him with a mix of excitement and nerves. Coach welcomed him warmly, introducing him to the team. The veterans, sensing Aaron's jitters, offered encouraging nods and words of camaraderie. They could all remember their first days vividly. The drills began, and Aarons skills shone. His powerful shots and precise passing caught the coach's eye, earning him cheers from his new teammates. As the day progressed, bonds formed in the rink. The Grizzlies, known for their brotherhood, embraced Aaron, making him feel like he had been part of the team for years By the end of practice soaked and exhilarated, Aaron couldn't help but smile. The Grizzlies weren't just a team; they were a family, and he was now an integral part of it. Little did he know, this was just the beginning of a thrilling journey with the Great Falls Grizzlies

12-01-2023, 01:15 AMAarBear Wrote:
  1. [color=var(--text-normal)]Aaron Meier's heart raced as he stepped onto the ice for his first day with the Great Falls Grizzlies hockey team. The roar of the crowd outside that gave him a big round of applause, the crisp chill in the air in Great Falls, and the echo of blades slicing through the ice filled him with a mix of excitement and nerves. Coach welcomed him warmly, introducing him to the team. The veterans, sensing Aaron's jitters, offered encouraging nods and words of camaraderie. They could all remember their first days vividly. The drills began, and Aaron's skills shone. His powerful shots and precise passing caught the coach's eye, earning him cheers from his new teammates. As the day progressed, bonds formed in the rink. The Grizzlies, known for their brotherhood, embraced Aaron, making him feel like he had been part of the team for years. By the end of practice, sweat-soaked and exhilarated, Aaron couldn't help but smile. The Grizzlies weren't just a team; they were a family, and he was now an integral part of it. Little did he know, this was just the beginning of a thrilling journey with the Great Falls Grizzlies.[/color]

It was like a dream come true, landing in Nevada could not have been a better place. Wizard had gone to Nevada for a short time during their playoff run as a free agent and had immediately clicked with the locker room. When the clock came up for Nevada and Wizard was still on the board everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Thankfully Wizard wasn't too far from Nevada and so he made it on draft night got reacquainted with everyone brought in the new people and had a blast. The moments leading up to the draft were tense tho. GM Aleris was worried that Wizard would not fall, he was pondering what to do as he did have two very viable choices if they fell the other being Sombra. GM Aleris thankfully struck gold though, without even having to trade he landed an absolute wiz of a guy. Literally Wizard to the Battleborn will be the start of a new era and a new gambling addiction.

[Image: IsJIh5s.png?format=webp&width=872&height=1066]

Shotty McStopper's first day in the Maine locker room showed his future teammates what he was really all about. The team had organized a little welcome party for all the new rookies joining the team and of course there was some fun alcoholic drinks being served, including shots. Now obviously this would be a fun way to welcome the new teammates but what Maine did not realize is that Shotty can not simply just turn off his passion for stopping shots and as the drinks began to pour and his new teammates raised their glasses, Shotty caused mass chaos in the locker room as he dove around knocking shots out of each player's hands as his instincts were just too strong for him to not stop every shot. Obviously there were a few murmurs among Shotty's teammates about his antics during the party, but every member of the Timber are going into this season feeling pretty good about who they have stopping shots for them this season.

[Image: Oa8OpwNyDg-K2JwGMV_wCV9Yt4_2wZc5y5QPLUXn...authuser=0]

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, there was a female pea named Peaches. Peaches was an exceptional athlete and had been scouted by the Battleborn hockey team. Despite her small size, the team was in dire need of a new player and Peaches was their only hope.
As Peaches entered the Battleborn locker room for the first time, she was greeted with stares and whispers from the other players. They had never seen a pea play hockey before and were unsure if she was up for the challenge.
Peaches, however, was determined to prove her worth. She stepped onto the ice and quickly realized how different it was from playing on her farm. The ice was slippery and the puck was moving at lightning speed. But Peaches didn't let that deter her.
As she zoomed across the rink, the other players couldn't help but be impressed with her speed and agility. They quickly realized that Peaches was a valuable asset to the team. And although she was still the smallest player on the ice, she proved that size doesn't matter when it comes to heart and determination.

Grondlund's introduction wasn't without issue. Being from Norway, he had a bit of an issue talking to many of his teammates. Having not yet mastered the English or French language. Grondlund stuck out like a sore thumb. At least until he was introduced to the Solbreg twins. Having someone who spoke his native tongue made it easier for him to fit in with the rest. Since then he's been practicing his English and French; while slowly improving, he continues to make some hilarious mistakes. Quebec City is a welcoming and friendly environment. Full of teammates who want each other to succeed.

Everyone helps everyone and works together to create the best possible product on ice that they can. Grondlund has been introduced to many of the teams traditions, including going to Deny's after shutouts and pointing firearms at the General Manager of the Carolina Kraken any time they come to visit. The last one he doesn't really understand. But if it means fitting in, he's all for it.

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

Walking into the Malamutes locker room was amazing! not only was everyone welcoming and friendly, but they showed immediate support. we joked and were immediately talking about food (and yes strawberry milk), and even some adult drinks. I have to clarify now as i did with my team. homemade strawberry puree is 1000x better than any lame store-bought syrup.  we started vibing immediately. we welcomed all draftees together, and I felt like I had been there for months already. The next morning I had woken to find they had made an entire channel for me to answer questions and help build Elly up and really be ready for the season. They also opened up my own strawberry milk channel. <3
we started getting to know each other better and sharing more and they were always available to answer questions (and tease). They also really let me really build Elly how I saw her in my mind with assistance to match her up to the team and the league systems. it was all amazing (and still is). 

**or in case were talking about elly and not me: 

Elly was welcomed into the locker room with open arms! she strode in proudly and posed, before she was showered with head pats. She purred and nuzzled each team member. She then took her time careful striding around to each individual member and learned their scents, their voices, and to show them her paws. she also licked each and every team member's face to make she they knew that they were hers. This is her team now! To her biggest delight, the team brought her the coldest bowl of milk they could get and they pinned her jersey around her. Elly looks quite dashing in the Malamute's colors. she did her best to let out a mutes howl, but she is indeed a kitty so it came out as more of a meow rather than a roar, but still just as fearsome. It looked like a beautiful season was in store. 

Esteemed 31st overall pick Mary Hollywood shifted her sick 1989 Mitsubishi Montero into park outside of the Regina Elk training facility and took one last sip of her Dunkin' Ice Spice Munchkins drink thing before throwing it onto the floor of the passenger seat with several dozen other pieces of garbage. She really should clean that. The driver side door immediately popped open before Mary's crisp white Stan Smiths hit the ground, immediately becoming ruined by the despicable, putrid sleet that occupied the parking lot in the middle of Saskatchewan. She shed a tear before grabbing her gear from the trunk and heading inside.

Upon reaching the locker room, she was astounded. Wow! So much purple! Even the people inside were purple! Wait, what? Her teammates were all purple? She blinked a few times in hopes of correcting her vision before realizing that it was just the tint from her sick purple Pit Viper shades. Wow, Mary. So cool and chill of her, though! She meandered on over to her locker, the nameplate reading "HOLLYWOOD #10". Wow! Mary Hollywood, a perfect 10!

An ironic thought to have at that moment, as Mary immediately tripped over the muck sticking to her no-longer-sparkling sneakers, causing her to drop her bag and knocking her glasses off her face.

"Shit, shit, shit!" She muttered to herself, attempting to grab everything and put it where it belonged amidst the veritable sea of popcorn that had materialized on the locker room floor. Mary turned to the bewildered faces of her fellow Elk and offered a grin. "Hi! I'm Mary!"

Elk  Rage
[Image: cLeHjn1.png]
Sig by sulovilen!

Violet’s first interaction with the team didn’t start at the locker room – it involved a fair bit of paperwork, a lawyer or two, and a bunch of ‘on-boarding’ before she was able to join the team, especially as a Swede joining a team in a new country. She didn’t have any ties to Regina or Canada as a whole, and while proficient with English, hadn’t spoken a ton of it in her childhood and early teenage years.

The team themselves were positively lovely, with the general manager greeting her personally. Unbelievably, she’d run into an old childhood friend in Mercedes Baylé, a winger originally from Pennsylvania she had seen once in a while at hockey camps. Lots of high fives, handshakes, and hugs later, she settled into the rookie class with various other new Elk calves in Inge Baardsen, Bean Beanman Jr., and Mary Hollywood – among a few others! It felt like the first day of school.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

On draft day, everybody knew I was going first overall, so it was to no surprise at all when Quebec City called up my name first on stage. I was still nervous when I walked into the locker room for the first time, but all doubts evaporated as soon as I set foot inside. Everyone was standing there waiting for me to appear and shouted my name as I came in. It seemed to me that the players were already familiar with me before I had even met them. They were all really nice and welcoming and made me feel at home in a new country I hadn't set foot in before. It's been a few days since then and the team has done its best to acclimate us new rookies to get us ready for our first SMJHL season. So far Quebec City looks like it has a nice group and I bet we will all mesh well together on and off the ice.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2023, 07:31 PM by gaby. Edited 1 time in total.)

It was a pretty awkward experience for Henri Losanov his first time getting back in the locker room. You see, he joined the Regina Elk the previous season as a DFA. He was to be the number 3 goalie for their playoffs run so no pressure right? That's where you're wrong. Series was 2-2 and the morning practice before game 5 Losanov was responsible to fill up the water bottles. He used tap water which would be fine if the water didn't happen to be contaminated. Long story short, whole team got the flu and lost in 6. Henri didn't expect to be back on the team and that would be it. But as he kept falling during the draft, the management team still decided to pick him up late and told him not to worry the players have forgotten all about it.  As soon as Henry opened the door for his first practice, the whole team threw shit at him. Quite the smelly but deserving welcome.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]