Create Account

Next Wave of Top Scorers
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2023, 02:10 PM by spidey. Edited 1 time in total.)

Everything in the SHL happens in waves. Sometimes these are longer waves as teams and players cling onto greatness of the past…or failure as they try to build anew. Sometimes these waves seem to crash out of no where when a young player or up and coming team manage to click all at once and take the league by storm. Typically, these cycles take a little longer, and with the old guard looking a little long in the tooth. I want to take a look at the next wave as we look to the next stars that will be making an impact.

The one thing I have seen time and again, one or two stars on a team will not be enough to create a legend or hall of famer. They will be exceptionally talented players, and no doubt a heart and soul to a team but they need support as they cannot do it on their own. They may get a lot of points but cracking a top ten finish in the league just seems out of reach. Look at Benson Fiorentini one of the top TPE earners but cannot crack seventy-five points (I think he will this year) or Sophie Bordeleau Top 15 TPE earner and just last season broke eighty points for the first time. Both are exceptional players, who on a stronger team would have broken the one hundred point barrier and become a top ten scorer in the league.

It comes down to timing, having a good group coming up all around you, whether it is a player in decline but still being talented or those about to peak at same time as you are to help lift you and provide scoring support. Whom will be lucky enough to benefit form this in the next 3 – 5 seasons? Here are my projected top ten for the next wave.

Derek Martin – Los Angeles Panthers

This may be the perfect circumstance for Derek. A young up and coming roster below him that is caulked full of talent. Two extremely talented forwards ahead of him, just hitting regression at the time he peaks. The stage is set for Derek Martin to be one of the most dominate forwards in the next four seasons if he keeps up with his progression.

Erik Bergmark – Baltimore Platoon
A rebuild nearing completion as the Platoon get closer and closer to becoming cup contenders; it is being led by this man on offense. He has three high profile forwards coming up with him in his draft class along with talented support members either in regression or about to reach regression as Erik peaks.

Ekaterina Valieva – Baltimore Platoon
Ekaterina can be a “Erik light” coming in the same draft class and not far behind in TPE. There is a third member I can throw in here with this group Adam Liebold will have a similar chance at claiming a top point earner as the rest of the Platoon’s big three as they all peak at the same time.

Adam Prpich – Los Angeles Panthers

I almost went Alex Kirby here, but I picked the player with higher TPE, honestly it was a coin flip, so this is for both. Regression will just be starting for Adam. But he will still be a top player in the league at this point. He has an amazing support group around and below him with a ton of talent coming up in the wings. Regression is the only reason he is this low on the list.

Georg N'Zola – Los Angeles Panthers

I did not come into this thinking I would go Los Angeles Panthers heavy, but they have a ton of talent all peaking or just hitting regression at the same time. I think Greog is going to be another to reap the benefit of this simultaneous growth. Let’s say top 10 in year 4 and could be year 5 as well.

Viktor Hargreeves – San Francisco Pride

In general, the simulator loves centers, so bonus points for that. Hargreeves is a phenomenal TPE earner, one of the best in his draft class (Season 68). He is the focal point on offensive for the rebuilding San Fransico Pride and that rebuild is nearly complete. He will lead the offense moving forward in a compacted draft effort to build an entire roster during a shortened four season process. He has the potential to become a 2k member and with the strong support crew coming up right behind him he will become one of the best in the league in a short amount of time.

Oskar Scholz – San Fransico Pride
Viktor is the center piece of the next wave in San Fransico’s rebuild. Oskar will be the benefactor in four seasons from now as Viktor starts his regression. Much like Georg N’Zola, with so much talent being built around him, he is going to be a force on the ice as we see a changing of the guards.

Bruno Tooyo – New England Wolfpack

An amazing support crew building up around him and the top earner in the mid aged group. It is true regression will just be starting for Bruno but with his current earning trend he should be able to fend it off for a few seasons and claim a top earner spot over the next few seasons.

Antoine Beauregard – New England Wolfpack

At the time Antoine peaks, New England should still have two dominate lines. If Antonie is on the first powerplay and playing top minutes there is no doubt in my mind he will be one of the top point earners in the league. New England has been building for success for a long time and with their build model continues to find ways to keep at the top of the league.

Kale Salad – Philadelphia Forge

I hesitantly put Kale in this group. It feels like he is coming into a bad timing situation, their top players are all hitting regression right now, so in a few seasons they will be good but not great players. The thing is Kale has some good young players coming up right behind him. I am just not sure if the gaps between regression and those behind him will miss the window in the next few seasons. One thing I seem to have learned in my time here, never bet against Kale Salad, he always produces.

Almost made the cut:

Jarrod Lakemore – Going to be an incredibly good player; everyone that can help him get the extra points needed to be a top point player on his roster is either too old or too young and will not be around to help him in his prime.

Billy Herrington – Solid build, has active members around him but top end talent is in a decline right now and younger players are not earning fast enough to truly give the help he will need in his prime.

Sebastien Regazzoni – This one is close, he has a good support crew, it will depend on how hard regression hits Iskandrov and NWaffles just as Regazzoni peaks. This was a hard cut as he could have been in the top ten, let us call him a top fifteen.

Johnny Wagner-Svenson – His earning has slowed down. Otherwise he would be on this list with an ideal situation, two top end players who are peaking right now will be in regression for him to work along side as he hits his prime in 4 seasons.

Jack St.Clair – I love Jack, but in four seasons he will be in regression. And unless Edmonton makes moves, the majority of their roster will be going into major regression. Jack will still be a talented player at this point, but the support will not be there.

Meta Knight – If this were about the top points in the next two seasons Meta Knight would be there. He is going to hit regression by season 3 and the talent around him is not quite as strong as other teams. I might be proven wrong on this one, but it was a cusp call.

Marton Diehm – Another close call, I feel like there is a good top line developing in Texas, and they have some amazing prospects coming up, but I do not think it will click in time for the next 3 – 4 seasons that Diehm will not reap the rewards of the upcoming support. More likely the prospects will reap the rewards of his hard work in six or so seasons.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Code:
Bruno Tooyo – New England Wolfpack

An amazing support crew building up around him and the top earner in the mid aged group. It is true regression will just be starting for Bruno but with his current earning trend he should be able to fend it off for a few seasons and claim a top earner spot over the next few seasons.

Antoine Beauregard – New England Wolfpack

At the time Antoine peaks, New England should still have two dominate lines. If Antonie is on the first powerplay and playing top minutes there is no doubt in my mind he will be one of the top point earners in the league. New England has been building for success for a long time and with their build model continues to find ways to keep at the top of the league

Very accurate statements
Tooyo becomes 1C next season
Antoine is 1LW and 1PP this season

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

So you wanted to name everyone in S69 Draft but me :(

12-04-2023, 01:23 PMSeany148 Wrote: So you wanted to name everyone in S69 Draft but me :(

I can't name your entire roster! Laughing

But you will be up there for sure.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

12-04-2023, 01:29 PMspidey Wrote: I can't name your entire roster!  Laughing

But you will be up there for sure.
Nah I'm retiring out of spite and blaming you  >:(

LAP going places, love the recognition! Panthers

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
Panthers Ireland Highlanders
[Image: YBIH.png]

Just a little note that basically doesn't mean dick all since I love this style of article - first season of regression you outearn tpe wise.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

The last of the quarterbacks

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]