Create Account

AI generated new logos of all SHL teams based on text descriptions
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2023, 07:07 AM by Carpy48. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hi everyone. Quick disclaimer to start this article with. I know it's not the most original idea since Luke did this already last year with Dall-E 2 (see here, here and here), but since GenAI has improved since then and perhaps not everyone remembers the article from last year, I decided to give it a try myself since I have been playing aroung with AI image generation a bit lately, mostly on this site

Just for fun I let AI generate logos for every team in the SHL based on a relatively detailed description of the original logos. Text on logos never works properly, so let's ignore that part. Some were more difficult than others, e.g. animal logos are much easier to create than abstract or unusual objects. For most teams I added a few alternatives, because I wasn't sure which one to choose. In total I probably generated 50+ logos per team, sometimes more, but I didn't save all of them. You could also use negative prompts - telling AI what to exclude from the generated logos and that was quite helpful in some cases. Unfortunately I didn't save all the prompts I used either, so I'll leave these out. You should be able to click on the smaller images to see a larger version.

Edit: I added an SMJHL version now too.

Enjoy!

Eastern Conference:

Atlanta Inferno

[Image: mSHybAr.jpg]

This wasn't that bad actually, except for the text. Not too much variety though.

Alternatives:
[Image: lUVvutr.jpg][Image: HfHuxKq.jpg][Image: lP1V1nS.jpg]

Baltimore Platoon

[Image: MkaJcCC.jpg]

Not a very difficult prompt, it mostly had problems facing the wrong direction. Not too bad overall.

Alternatives:
[Image: U31QD0q.jpg][Image: 4jU7KRZ.jpg][Image: 7ywSRSE.jpg]

Buffalo Stampede

[Image: jJJ25C7.jpg]

This one comes closest to the original of all logos I tried and I'm pretty impressed. Probably my favorite.

Alternatives:
[Image: levaXWr.jpg][Image: MYLSDqd.jpg]

Hamilton Steelhawks

[Image: uZ0fi8M.jpg]

I feel like this one comes really close to the original as well. The first alternative looks pretty good and interprets the name (steelhawks) very literally, even though it's a different perspective. The others are also good.

Alternatives:
[Image: DQbjuwL.jpg][Image: nx8n6vX.jpg][Image: TbJcvAw.jpg]

Manhattan Rage

[Image: ww6SjjD.jpg]

Very different from the original, but I liked how it added the building on top that's hidden within the original logo. This team also has a few more alternatives, because I couldn't decide. Lots of potential.

Alternatives:
[Image: pBsRWn4.jpg][Image: UoIXMIF.jpg][Image: lBlwFow.jpg][Image: oaADeTU.jpg][Image: uyAGiLj.jpg]

Montreal Patriotes

[Image: ZduMX1o.jpg]

Easily one of the most difficult logos to get right and I didn't quite get it the way I wanted it. Spent a long time with this one and eventually gave up. Lots of weird results.

Alternatives:
[Image: sKRQCQY.jpg][Image: 5vfqJ5K.jpg][Image: eaRzioU.jpg]

New England Wolfpack

[Image: jkgWD16.jpg]

Somehow this one preferred their old alternate logo and it comes quite close to it even though I described the current logo. And no matter what I tried, I couldn't get the broken hockey stick added to the picture.

Alternatives:
[Image: cxdtYmG.jpg][Image: sRX588u.jpg][Image: cjrKn59.jpg]

Philadelphia Forge

[Image: V51Stdq.jpg]

I'm sorry, but this one was close to impossible and I tried for a long time. Too abstract, it just doesn't get it right (or I'm too stupid to describe it better) Undecided Hence no alternatives from this style.

Tampa Bay Barracuda

[Image: Pcvq7PC.jpg]

Closest I could get to the original, even though the barracuda is not pink, but this thing often swaps two colors. 

Alternatives:
[Image: 0zxw8EZ.jpg][Image: FBfeiUB.jpg]

Toronto North Stars

[Image: 2HKVAWI.jpg]

This one was interesting, because I came up with the concept of the current logo and I thought I knew how to describe it, but it was very difficult to get the AI to understand it. It came up with some interesting ideas though. Too bad you can't combine them. Again, ignore the text.

Alternatives:
[Image: mp98i7n.jpg][Image: yzhz8bj.jpg][Image: Zo8Hbls.jpg][Image: 19m4W7C.jpg][Image: iBatCOH.jpg]

Western Conference:

Calgary Dragons

[Image: ZYzFRPD.jpg]

Generating a dragon was easy, but this AI had a particular style in mind and always repeated it. Couldn't get a version with large text, obviously, because text is difficult.

Alternatives:
[Image: ziOF4gu.jpg][Image: IiM40ZR.jpg][Image: Decht5O.jpg]

Chicago Syndicate

[Image: z6ggGUY.jpg]

Compared to some of the others this was surprisingly easy and it came up with some nice ideas. I like this one.

Alternatives:
[Image: 95QQSkT.jpg][Image: IXG3DD1.jpg][Image: 1QmeWuA.jpg]

Edmonton Blizzard

[Image: i7GJhZZ.jpg]

Animal logos are the easiest in comparison - or at least this one was easier because it didn't have a hockey stick like the NEW logo. The alternatives didn't look very different so I didn't include any.

Los Angeles Panthers

[Image: 1eHQxQi.jpg]

I played around a lot with this one, especially trying to include the city within the head, but the AI never understood what I described. There are some alternative attempts below that went almost in the right direction.

Alternatives:
[Image: SXE5eK4.jpg][Image: 3ohCn4R.jpg][Image: 2tfa1PX.jpg][Image: 25LMSAu.jpg]

Minnesota Monarchs

[Image: 6Ye7CIp.jpg]

They were all between semi-okay and a little weird and I couldn't decide which one to put first. The prompt seemed easy enough, but I wanted it to come close to the original and I'm not sure any of them really got there. Probably all of them combined would come close.

Alternatives:
[Image: XABA6En.jpg][Image: 9mMlgHm.jpg][Image: TjiYNH0.jpg][Image: nkaS8Gf.jpg]

New Orleans Specters

[Image: mgZ0on4.jpg]

I really like what AI did with the prompt here. The other 2 also look really interesting somehow.

Alternatives:
[Image: tlzNJmv.jpg][Image: bUj8a6c.jpg]

San Francisco Pride

[Image: 7hsqxC1.jpg]

Animal logos are relatively easy to describe and most of what AI came up with here looked quite good, but also quite similar.

Alternative:
[Image: eXyAC1t.jpg]

Seattle Argonauts

[Image: kKduNFH.jpg]

It's an abstract logo and probably along with MTL and TOR the most difficult and annoying one to describe for AI. Spent way too much time and it never really got it the way I wanted it Undecided

Alternatives:
[Image: At4wyhV.jpg][Image: xL11h0e.jpg]

Texas Renegades

[Image: JEpQEgx.jpg]

There were a lot of great concepts here and some reminded me more of their old logo. At least I didn't have to bother with colors here Smile Again, ignore the text.

Alternatives:
[Image: K1DjREs.jpg][Image: gL5eVmn.jpg][Image: vZqvgpz.jpg][Image: reFKd53.jpg]

Winnipeg Aurora

[Image: eiNzgEl.jpg]

This was the easiest logo to describe from my experience. Most of what AI generated looked pretty good (again, it includes an animal so that's probably why). Second best after Buffalo in my opinion.

Alternatives:
[Image: 4q9cH0B.jpg][Image: 5GkHSYO.jpg][Image: M3pZmS0.jpg]

P.S. graders: Grade this how you want or don't grade it at all because it is probably more images than text, I didn't post this for the money. Overall it took ~6 hours to work on this.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

The bottom left monarchs logo is sending me into fits of laughter for some reason, I keep looking at it and cracking up

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

oh this is sick. Kinda cool to see how genAI has improved. and playing around with the text and such. The text has much improved

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Torororos Nortortirs

Also I like the last Texas alternative best

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Super cool. Neat to see the AI take on these logos.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

I always wonder how AI gets "Toroon Pitenone" like how does it those new letters but definitely all have a distinct AI look to them

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Love how in the Seattle logo it put the entire ship onto a shield with "marks" on it to give a more argonauts feel

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

This is really cool! Great idea!

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

some of these are kinda of insanely cool

lets go BHTMRE EEIE BOM ERQg!

Fellawho now?

[Image: lespoils.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2023, 10:03 PM by DELIRIVM. Edited 1 time in total.)

Chicago Heisenbergs

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

12-09-2023, 10:52 AMsköldpaddor Wrote: The bottom left monarchs logo is sending me into fits of laughter for some reason, I keep looking at it and cracking up

It's like an alternate dimension cell from dbz. Maybe the monarchs really low key love anime in this reality.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Very cool.

[Image: salming.png]