Create Account

S74 SMJHL SOTU

We have a budget?

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

01-12-2024, 07:14 PMJURT Wrote: Get rid of the portal, go back to the old ways /s

Me but no /s

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

01-12-2024, 07:13 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: This would need to be discussed to a further extent before any concrete solutions would be implemented, but it would need to be addressed. As stated above, instances of repeated or frequent abuse of the system can and will necessitate action. We've removed the fifth season and other similar things that don't support our overall goals of retention and development, so should a player truly try to embrace the J lifer lifestyle we would need to intervene.

Giving you a 10-15 season heads up, thats gonna be me when I retire.

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2024, 09:24 PM by trella. Edited 2 times in total.)

I think the issue of users forcing their way onto certain teams is an issue not only the SMJHL faces but the SHL as well, but in different ways. I used to be very bullish about "juniors cults" where players, especially first gens, would be influenced by experienced managers to join certain teams in the SHL either through the draft or eventual free agency, leveraging the often very close relationships people form on their first juniors team, but I always just got kinda laughed at for it. Unfortunately, unless you can prove there was some sort of tampering, you can't really punish users for having preferences, as frustrating as situations like that can be. I appreciate you and HO spelling it out clearly that it truly is a matter of selfishness. I'll always look at a user who pushes themselves onto a team differently. I just never really understood that outlook. You can still be in discords and chats with your friends on another team, being on the same team is most certainly not a necessity. Unfortunately, not everyone sees it this way and I believe this causes some pretty rough competitive balancing issues in the league.

Cheers ACAP and the rest of J HO Smile

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

01-12-2024, 09:02 PMReno Wrote: Me but no /s

I love you but this is a crazy take

[Image: lespoils.gif]

first

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

lemme know if you guys decide to expand your league

so for point number 4. Why don't we just make a rule that if *recreates* retire in the J rookie season, then they can't create in the next class (ex if they retire S73, they have to wait to S75 draft class). I don't know that seems fair. Rookies have their re-rolls, so "making the wrong player" isn't an excuse.

A *recreate* saying they are going to re-roll/go IA if X team doesn't draft them in a public setting should be considered tampering. Cause it is.

[Image: Aleris-Sig3.gif?ex=66246b80&is=66231a00&...e44aac877&]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

01-13-2024, 06:12 PMAleris Wrote: so for point number 4. Why don't we just make a rule that if *recreates* retire in the J rookie season, then they can't create in the next class (ex if they retire S73, they have to wait to S75 draft class). I don't know that seems fair. Rookies have their re-rolls, so "making the wrong player" isn't an excuse.

A *recreate* saying they are going to re-roll/go IA if X team doesn't draft them in a public setting should be considered tampering. Cause it is.

While there does deserve to be a discussion of that being construed as tampering, ultimately telling someone that they can't play does act against our goals of retaining & developing people. Yes, we always have exceptions (Bans/suspensions/etc.), but if posting it publicly is the problem then that'll ultimately mean people just hide it and only tell who they need to, which is rather similar to the current circumstance anyway

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Thanks for the clear and open leadership. I appreciate this SOTU a lot.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

you were spittin with point 4 ngl

[Image: SHOWNOMERCY-KETIL-VIGN.png]

I don't really have any suggestions or really meaningful things to add but

"Some people may not even see an issue with this, but to be frank such a mentality speaks not only to one's selfishness but also their inability to see the broader implications this has on the health of the SMJHL."

I don't know how to link to a quote but players threatening to retire if they don't go to X team is pretty selfish for sure.

As someone new to the site I think it is pretty astounding the amount of players I have already seen/met that force themselves to one team, or even threaten to retire if they don't go to a certain team.

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]

J HO best HO :popcomfy:

[Image: sobchak.png]