Create Account

Four years [presser answers]
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2024, 06:02 PM by sve7en. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ken told me I needed to update the OP or make a new thread to get paid, so enjoy that I didn't ping 200 people.

01-14-2024, 05:08 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: First question, what's next?

Second, how dare you make me cry on a Sunday afternoon? Sve7en it's been a pleasure since day one. It's been amazing since the day you first joined, and your impact on the league can't go unnoticed. You've been an incredible leader and driving force for good and holding people to higher standards. You should feel proud of everything you've done, you've done some fucking amazing things and I can't wait to see what's next

What's been the most unique day in your life here, drafting twice in one weekend?

If you got an expansion team, what would the branding be?

Favorite drink?

What's Next? Run it back I guess. I don't know if it'll be a full 4 years again, but 2k club -> HoF is still the intent.

Still enjoy J GMing, though TML's tenure record is not an explicit plan.
Running J Awards for now, and that's nice so far, but not something I'll continue forever.
Big things brewing in the coming weeks for a project, stay tuned for that.

It's all irl dependent in the end I guess?

Most unique day, probably the double draft weekend. Not many have that experience lol. Alongside that, finding out that my GM stepped down while doing a live podcast is probably 1 of 1? Ending the drought for LAP was huge and pretty unique, having laid the groundwork with Fuzz a year prior.

Expansion branding back in S56 J expansion was Seattle, Vegas, Nashville, or Atlanta, but uh three of those are kinda taken now lol. Nashville would still be on my radar, a region of the US not really represented much in the SHL and a city I love and am very familiar with. It could also go east or west for divisions as needed. I think Oakland, Eugene (OR), Phoenix, Miami, Rochester/Albany, and Ottawa all could be fun to explore though.

Favorite drinks (hard/soft):
all time - Tanqueray and Tonic / Light Blue Gatorade
right now - Green Spot Irish Whiskey / JUNEBERRY RED BULL IS A PERMAMENT FLAVOR NOW!

01-14-2024, 05:21 PMWally Wrote: Much love man! I can apologize up and down more pre-conceived thoughts after the Carolina/Newfie rivalry. Looking back on everything from a bigger picture, you have been an amazing asset to our SHL family and glad to call you a friend! Can’t wait to see what’s in store next!  Hope all is well boss!

I guess I will throw some questions to you:

1. Seeing as we just got dumped on with snow… let say you didn’t have a shovel or a snowblower; What would you use in your house to dig yourself out of 20 inches of snow?

2. Because of everyone asking positives always let’s look at heart breaking moments. Name your top three heartbreaking career moments for your player.

3. In your time on the site, do you have any learning moments that you have had that you apply to life on SHL nowadays?

No shovel or blower, probably some combination of wok and bathtowel/bedsheets.

Top 3 heartbreakers for Wagner specifically?
In no order:
Losing game 7 to NL in S55, last season in CAR and was ready to repeat.
Losing to HAM in S63, first finals and thought we were ready to start winning.
Losing to SEA in S66, we were ready to repeat, but it was also the end of the window and ended my time in LAP.

Lessons learned:
Sometimes you should take caution when basing your opinion of people on second hand takes. Some beef is personal and you're getting the wrong perspective first.
Not everything needs to be a fight.
Some things need to be fights.
Things don't happen here if someone isn't down to push it to fruition.

01-14-2024, 05:44 PMAephino Wrote: Favorite SHL moment thus far - in game? on the site?

Any teasers for the next player?

Favorite moments
SHL - OT winner facing elimination in game 6 vs STL before going on the cup run.
On site - HTT. From starting it to the charity drives, announcing site news, etc. it's been a fun way to elevate the league. 

Teaser?
Sassenach.

01-14-2024, 05:49 PMhhh81 Wrote: 1. Will you forgive me for forgetting our first conversation and getting egg on my face during that S52 draft?
2. What are you most proud of with Jimmy Wagner?
3. What's next?
4. Having fun with Ophelia, despite having the campaign arc from hell that made Everlund a curse word to you?

All forgotten and forgiven, but the alternative timeline of COL/BUF legend Jimmy Wagner is still funny to consider.
Most proud of, probably the media, but also the weird chance I had to shape the arc and play a Lebron James / LeGM role in advising in LAP, drafting S56, pitching FAs, and deciding where to go with Fest and Retu.
(See above for what's next)
Silver Marshes has been a blast, and I'm jazzed about both not being central to the plot and the story beats on the way.

01-14-2024, 08:35 PMBenpachi Wrote: Amazing stuff! Thanks for the feels!

Questions!
1.  What stands out from your career? Highlights? Lowlights?
2.  With the disgusting cold weather sweeping the continent, what's your go-to comfort food for a chilly winter evening?
3.  Any thoughts on barefoot shoes?

Since I hit on Wagner earlier, as a GM:
Stands out, many things honestly. Trading over STL to get you, Jimmy joining off an email and then sticking through to turn into a GM, drafting Canadice and getting "who?" and "that's a very sve7en pick", about a dozen more draft day moments. Seeing so many CAR alumni go on to big things are some of the gems. Testing had ups and downs. Low lights, getting fucked over more than a few times, some by people, some by chance, some by FHM actually breaking. It balances out in the end, I think.
Comfort food, ramens and soups are huge. Indian and Thai food are clutch for the warmth and spice too.
I used to run barefoot, like actually barefoot, for like a year. Never had the shoes, don't like the feeling between the toes, but they're solid.

01-15-2024, 02:32 AMyosh Wrote: very important questions: how do you get the beeg yoshi? and who cut all of these onions?

[Image: 807375868099428352.gif?]

01-15-2024, 09:28 PMLime Wrote: [Image: r5U6D5J.png]

This thread exists because of you.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

01-20-2024, 06:02 PMsve7en Wrote: This thread exists because of you.

Graders the proof is right here. 677 words ready to go, you know where to find my bank account.

Also the summer red bull is lit

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate