Create Account

Championship Week

posting here cuz cw week is already closed :madge:

[Image: SKp86ZK.png]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

lime

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Two old faces are back in the ring, proving reports of the dynasty’s demise were greatly exaggerated! Pick either of our finalists, and tell me what about them impresses you the most!
b. Upsets were a theme this year - which of our finalists had the more difficult road to the promised land and why?
c. Which of the finalists had the more impressive conference finals victory, and why?
d. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

a. The most impressive is Winnipeg's window continuing to stay open as long as it has. Winnipeg was a finals contender even before New England's win in S70, and they are still here in the finals after dominating the league for like 7? 8? I don't even know seasons. After that eventual cup win I don't think anyone would fault them for taking a rest but they have been rock solid.

b. I think that the East was incredibly tough I mean buffalo, atlanta, philly, baltimore? The East ran the regular season and it would be expected to run through the playoffs as well. No huge surprise for the top dog to come out of that side of the bracket would take the whole thing, though Winnipeg triumphing over the scorching hot Pride team is certainly something to behold.

c. That Winnipeg beating that incredible pride team that was coming off an enormous win against the #1 seed in Edmonton was huge. You could easily believe that Winnipeg would lose some nerve going up against a team like that and letting the Cinderella run go all the way but they stood their ground and made it on through.

d. The tougher conference is going to forge the tougher team so that is where I would put my money. New England had to take down the toughest opponents, while Winnipeg maybe got lucky that the Pride's hot streak ended where it did. Without that upset we might have seen the Edmonton Blizzard in their spot instead as they were a fiercely difficult team to beat in the regular season.

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Upon Further Review
Draw how your team's season went! As long as I can tell which team you play for and it conveys some kind of sentiment about your team's season, you'll get credit.

[Image: gnaLyEd.png]

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate Blizzard
[Image: PuANRuu.png]

i demand financial compensation

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

JNH

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Two old faces are back in the ring, proving reports of the dynasty’s demise were greatly exaggerated! Pick either of our finalists, and tell me what about them impresses you the most!
b. Upsets were a theme this year - which of our finalists had the more difficult road to the promised land and why?

a.I think it's more impressive that new England has managed to stay a contender by trading older talent for younger talent. They recently added Cormier and Tooyo with only really losing the aging Svoboda. And both these forwards are in the top 5 for team scoring. It feels like Winnipeg only trades assets for aging stars and seems to be on the down slide.

b. I would say New England has the tougher road to the finals. While nearly blowing the early series against Hamilton, they pulled out a game 7 victory. From there they faced their division winners and top team in the East in Buffalo, who had the better of the Wolfpack all season long. They managed to ouplay Buffalo all series long and got sent to Philadelphia to face the other division champs. Philly beat them last season and it was a good matchup again.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Haven’t I Seen This Before? (150 words min.)
Despite being the 8th and 10th ranked regular season teams in the league, our finalists from Winnipeg and New England represent two of the most dominant teams over the past several seasons. What do you think is the secret to their success? What can other teams learn from them? Which one is more likely to be back again next year?

Even though New England and Winnipeg faced off against each other three seasons ago, there is one major difference this time around. Antoine Beauregard is pissed off. The first time these two teams met, Antoine was just some rookie trying to settle into his first playoff experience. Now he enters this seasons matchup with a serious chip on his shoulder. He watched his former team in Edmonton lift the cup last time around. Which is why he was out to prove he has what it takes to carry his team to victory. He heads into the finals sitting atop the points leaders. Not only is Antoine ready to prove he is a champion to all the doubters out there. He is going to prove that he is an MVP in big games. He showed up big and put down Buffalo and Philadelphia, the only thing left to do is slay the Aurora and put their dynasty to rest.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

01-22-2024, 03:42 AMCount Chocula Wrote:
Code:

JNH

Code:

a.I think it's more impressive that new England has managed to stay a contender by trading older talent for younger talent. They recently added Cormier and Tooyo with only really losing the aging Svoboda. And both these forwards are in the top 5 for team scoring. It feels like Winnipeg only trades assets for aging stars and seems to be on the down slide.

b. I would say New England has the tougher road to the finals. While nearly blowing the early series against Hamilton, they pulled out a game 7 victory. From there they faced their division winners and top team in the East in Buffalo, who had the better of the Wolfpack all season long. They managed to ouplay Buffalo all series long and got sent to Philadelphia to face the other division champs. Philly beat them last season and it was a good matchup again.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Haven’t I Seen This Before? (150 words min.)
Despite being the 8th and 10th ranked regular season teams in the league, our finalists from Winnipeg and New England represent two of the most dominant teams over the past several seasons. What do you think is the secret to their success? What can other teams learn from them? Which one is more likely to be back again next year?

Even though New England and Winnipeg faced off against each other three seasons ago, there is one major difference this time around. Antoine Beauregard is pissed off. The first time these two teams met, Antoine was just some rookie trying to settle into his first playoff experience. Now he enters this seasons matchup with a serious chip on his shoulder. He watched his former team in Edmonton lift the cup last time around. Which is why he was out to prove he has what it takes to carry his team to victory. He heads into the finals sitting atop the points leaders. Not only is Antoine ready to prove he is a champion to all the doubters out there. He is going to prove that he is an MVP in big games. He showed up big and put down Buffalo and Philadelphia, the only thing left to do is slay the Aurora and put their dynasty to rest.

[Image: rJBw8YD.png]

I needed to send mine too

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France