Create Account

S75 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread

Player Name: James Howlett
Position: Center
Recreate or First Gen?: First Gen
     First-Gens: How did you find the site? NaomiMannequeen has been a friend of mine for years now, and she recommended it to me.
Full Discord Username: Schocar

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): It fluctuates, but about 5 hours a day (35 a week)

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: Baking it

What made you join the SHL?: I'm getting more into hockey, so having a group with that shared interest seemed like a smart idea. Plus, I had a fun character concept I wanted to roleplay out.

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: Don't make the history major choose! I'd say antiquity though, probably specifically Greece, just because there are so many stories that our records of are incomplete and I'd like to hear the entirety of them!

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: I've done this accidentally before. Warhammer 40k lore.

Waffles or pancakes?: Waffles

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Objectively, yes. Did the sound matter if nobody could hear it though?

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: Deck my entire uniform out in Pan colors! Pink, Blue, and Yellow all the way!

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Warhammer in all of its varieties has held a grip on me for a bit now. I also do a lot of tabletop RPGs and play video games of all varieties though.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): This answer would change on my mood, the day of the week, etc. But probably Redwall, the titular first book of its series. It's an engaging fantasy world populated by animals, and the characters within the world land across the spectrum of funny and charming to heroic and tragic. There's a reason I read so many of those books, and it was because of this first one! 

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: Your fellow players. We aren't physically playing the games ourselves, so a lot of the experience comes from those people.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Oshawott...'s entire line! Pokémon Black was my first mainline game, and the otter stuck with me until the end. I can never choose between the three evolutions though...

What video games do you play?: A lot. I end up leaning towards more RPG-like experiences, think your Fire Emblems, Personas, even the Yakuza franchise I'd say. Otherwise, though, shooters like Titanfall 2 or Darktide, where there's something beyond just shooting another person with a gun, are what I tend to play with friends.

If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: I have been assigned a Samoyed by people more knowledgeable in these things than I am (furries).

Messages In This Thread
RE: S75 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - by Schocar - 01-28-2024, 03:08 PM