Create Account

S75 PT#3: McHockey Present Due: Monday, March 4th at 11:59 PST

ISFL affiliate
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2024, 12:17 AM by hockeyiscool. Edited 3 times in total.)

Shawn Pawn has never heard of stamina in his life, he just do what he is told and does it until the problem goes away. In reality, Shawn Pawn has never really had difficulty or a need to increase stamina. This goes back to his youth of not really having a tremendous amount of awareness of the feeling of being tired. As a result he was just utilized in higher stamina required situations across sports and it was never viewed as a need to do conditioning or being winded. It was just something that had been acquired and kept getting pushed to the proper threshold. Where Shawn Pawn grew up, futbol or soccer was a commonly played thing and Shawn Pawn always got put in the role of outside midfielder someone who got the most miles run across the season and there was not ever a situation that he was pushed beyond a point or winded. Stamina was just something that came naturally.

[160+ words]

When you're playing goalie, you don't need to run sprints down the ice every shift, so stamina is less of a cardio effort and more of a measure of how much gas you have in the tank. When the team is off running sprints, the first thing Justin Time is doing is hitting the cafeteria. After all, hockey burns a lot of calories, and you'd hate to run out of those in the middle of an important game. By loading up on carbs before the game, after the game, and in the case of his numerous bench warming all-star game appearances, during the game, Time is able to keep his belly full so the tiring job of stopping pucks doesn't run him ragged. Despite his success over the last few seasons, the coaching staff doesn't seem to appreciate this approach, and has rejected his last several attempts to have "snack deliveries" to the net during stoppages in play.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Written Task: 

Being that Raiden is gettin sooo old. Stamina and Endurance are the biggest part of his game right now. Being able to stay keep the legs going for the whole game is truly a feat nowadays. So the way stay at the top, Raiden plays very competitive pickleball 5 times a week. Whenever he is not at practice or had a game, Raiden is at the pickleball courts putting in work. It's also acts a 2 for 1 training because it trains his hand eye coordination as well. His elite play at this point in his career is all due to pickleball. Raiden does not really work on skill training because as they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Raiden got to the bigs because of his vision and skill set so no need to work on those. And he stayed in the league this long due to pickleball training. Raiden does not workout in a conventional sense but just gets his strength from carrying the kegs for all the pickeball tournament parties. Just another bonus 
-178 words

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

SHL Affiliate

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

Slowpoke is a big proponent of endurance and stamina. That’s how he makes up for the lack of skill training and raw speed. Its no secret that Slowpoke’s game tend to start off, well, slow. He isn’t the most energetic or flashy but by working on his endurance and stamina he tries to make the most of his minutes in the third period. At this point in the game Slowpoke is able to rise above the players that are much more talented at the start of the game by just being at a better cardio level than anyone else. Its really the only way Slowpoke has found a way to be able to compete in the professional leagues. He mostly does this by being able to mentally check out on training sessions and really put in the work and time. Mostly the time as he doesn’t get unmotivated by being on the ice or the track for hours at a time.

161 Words

hells yes, especially since the key to winning in the playoffs is also unknown to me. Yet to taste the finals I'm very excited to see what I can come up with. Probably something along the lines of "wanting it more than the others. Anyways what is all this secret workout everlasting life thing? I want this very much, and if I can piggyback off connor learning how to win in the playoffs then hey, huge bonus. I'll tell him something like you have to be disgusted by the other team, it isn't enough to simply want to beat them, you have to embarrass them. You also need to keep the nutrition up. If you but Athletic Greens (using my link), it will keep you in tip top shape to dominate your opposition. So yea... please buy using my link as I'm very poor, also maybe connor has some tips for me on how to get ladies? Simply being rich isn't working out due to spending all my cash on hookers and blow.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

well wow conor mcdavid is here to teach me some lessons about how overrated and stupid he is. welcome coner its really cool how you skate around and do cool stuff then do nothing at all in the play offs. really cool and nice man. teach me about how to suck in the play offs big dog. Rotticus Scott is one hundred times the player you are and you are a fraud. elias petersson will awlays be superior matthew tkachuck too. they both really dif you man in every way. you stink. zach hyman stinks too. hallsy and tig let me know if you see this. also the flames are the best team in the league. what does mcdavid tell me about oh i dont know how to skate fast? okay dude thanks for lessson thats really cool., what else could youj teach me how to do nothing at all and do a lot too? cool man thanks a lot really good lesson.

[Image: rotti.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

Well, the goal for Edouard Lavoie this season is to make sure he is physically prepared to play a full game at a high level. In order to do so, he needs to make sure he's not gassed by the end of the game which means cardio is the focus. Most of his solo training is built around endurance and strength building. He skates laps as well as lines to help with both long term endurance as well as stop and go mobility. When he does train for skill, it is mostly for team familiarity as he works closely with his linemates to ensure a very high level of chemistry. Other than that, though, he puts in the effort to increase his stamina. He puts on a weight vest and skates for a few hours a day. He refuses to drink water to make sure he can be a good player even if he pushes himself to dehydration. His goals will not be denied for a lack of effort or stamina.

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

ISFL affiliate

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

While falling a sleep my player is visited by Connor McDavid looking down from above. it is a rare thing when you get visited by such a great player in the middle of the night. By choosing to see his secret workout routine he developed with Sid Crosby that has seemingly granted Brad Marchand immortality, all I have to do is to tell him how to win in the playoffs... which is something Slurpe has not done so far in his early career. This is a major issue however since McDavid came to him in his dreams, he can dream of a way to win in the playoffs. In this dream, I tell McDavid the keys to winning in the playoffs is to be the best player on the ice at all times. Considering McDavid is the best hockey player in the world, he needs to act like that in the playoffs and lead his teammates into battle against some of the toughest teams in the league on their way to winning the cup.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

isfl pt

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

Option 1:

Obviously Sid and mcdavid are two of the best to ever do it. With how elite modern athletes are compared to the common person, they are even a step above; so learning how they train and get to the level that they're at would be huge. My first question though would be why he doesn't just ask sid? He's a multi time Stanley Cup winner who knows how to win playoff games and lift the greatest trophy in sports. That being said my first step to show him how to win in the playoffs is to make him watch the last dance. Michael Jordan was the best player in the world and he couldn't win a championship by himself, what makes mcdavid any better. The bulls needed to put a real team together to win all of those championships, not just one guy dropping 40 a night. Teamwork wins championships, one guy can't be on the ice forever so it takes everyone contributing to win.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]