Create Account

S75 PT#4: Spooky Fat Guy Due: Monday, March 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

I haven't really decided what I was going to do for my recreate. Forward? Goalie? Yet another fucking underwhelming defenseman? Who knows? Lets pretend I am going to go goalie next time because I have never written about goaltenders so I might get a little more inspiration for that.

Little goalie, someday, you'll be big goalie. And you'll be expected to stop pucks. I've never been a goaltender so I couldn't tell you how to do it even if I wanted but I have observed goaltenders and throwing your body around while whispering a little prayer seems to be working well enough. Just work hard and in this league everyone with a pulse gets drafted so you can figure out the rest later. I would actually recommend you watch tapes of my good friends, Mat Smith the dog and Justin Time the not dog. They won stuff. Play like them. I think that's all the advice I have for you. Peace out.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Journey Man has always been a sporting gentleman, and has learned many lesser-known sports and games during his travels around the world. In fact, Journey often tries to seek out the more popular local sports whenever he goes to a new place. Whether it be something as well known as soccer, or extremely niche like Hurling in Ireland, or even some non-physical sports, like darts. Man has found that every sport has some type of skill to offer, whether it be hand-eye coordination, intense cardio work, brute strength, the list goes on. Just like when working out, one must mix up the muscle groups they target for maximum efficiency, it's important to the same with the brain, and new games and sports help keep you sharp and provide new mindsets that you might not get from what you primarily play. Interestingly enough, the one sport Journey Man has not gotten to try is American Football! Think he's too afraid of the concussions.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Well Kevin Kim always had a soft spot for any type of sport. His career started as him playing badminton (which he utterly failed at playing) then changed to the sport he is in now, hockey. In the present, his hockey trainings were mostly about his main position center position where he practiced winning faceoffs and other important parts of being a forward. But after some seasons of mediocre to bad defensive statistics, he started to have some change in his practices. Although this might seem boring, playing practice games as a defensemen can really change how a player sees the meaning of defense. With changing positions like this for specific skills, it might be game changing to elevate to next level. In my opinion, other than skating sports and field hockey, there isn't much other sports that can match the complex game of hockey to improve a players game.

(151 words)

[Image: hbtB38x.png]
                                                  Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic for the sig!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

Code:
Written Task: Does your player cross-train? Do you play other positions, other sports, or any non-hockey-related activity specifically to get better at hockey? If so, what and why? If you don't like talking about your player for these tasks, talk about cross-training for hockey in general.
Cal Juice definitely does cross train. Playing other sports is really good for improving parts of your game that you don't take are of in practice or in the gym like leg coordination from playing soccer can really help with keeping pucks in at the blue line, playing tennis can help with batting pucks out of the air, basketball can help with marking your player and being more agile when trying to get around players. There are huge benefits to this, especially as a kid but those still hold up as you get older. Plus playing a different sport is a lot more fun than lifting weights in the gym and really gains can only get you so far. At some point it's about talent and puck skills. No matter how strong you are you can't shoot a puck through a goalie's pads. You're going to have to get around them somehow. I highly recommend that everyone play at least one other sport.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Does my player cross train during the off season to help with his hockey? Absolutely he does! He actually is involved in quitting a few sports shot he warmer months as he believes it makes him a better hockey player. The first sport he also plays is baseball! My player actually has a close friend who plays in the PBE he trains with from time to time. The bat skills really help with his hand eye coordination. The other sport my player like to train in is football (soccer) he likes this one because it’s very team and strategy based. As another sport where you  must invade another teams zone it keeps his mind sharp having to know what is going on everywhere on the pitch it also does wonders for his conditioning as it’s constant running and sprints back and forth all over the pitch with its constant action. These sport’s definitely help his hockey. (159)

Shoyo Hianta is practicing two sport for cross training. The first one is the first that got him famous in the first place. He loves to play volleyball in his free time. He love the sport more than hockey and he wished that he could be a professional volleyball player but the pay is not good enough. Fun fact, hockey was actually is third choice. He is a great hockey player but he is even better at volleyball. He can be a good ace even if he is smaller than the other player. HIs other sport where he crosstrain is oval racing. He loves the car, he likes to go fast and it helps him get better on the rink. The only problem is that he is bad at it. If he was good , he would do it full time, because there is money to be made there. But he is so slow. He is fortunate to have money to fund his racing career.

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

Slowpoke certainly doesn't cross-train when it comes to athletic activities. The only reason Slowpoke can perform at hockey is because the skates do a lot of the heavy lifting. And I can guarantee you Slowpoke would not do anywhere near the same level of performance if it came to something like figure skating or racing on the ice. The closest physical activity that Slowpoke could do even remotely decently is likely swimming as it comes natural to him. Natural doesn't mean its very athletic though. He's got great stamina and is able to gracefully swim for hours at a time which is great for his cardio. The speed is non-existant though and he has no aspirations to take his swimming talents to a professional level at any time in the near future. Anything where he has to use his pads as a vessel for moving is a no-go as it takes 10 seconds to watch him waddle from the locker room to the interview area to see his athletic skills are extremely hampered when he has to walk or run.

180 Words

Option 1

My advice to this youngster is to always play hard. Give it your all and you will have success, my mentor won to international medals and had success in the J while I won a Cup in my time in the J. We did that by giving everything we had, and this one kinda seems like a given but always train really hard and improve on what makes you special. If that's offense, defense a two way player or a agitator doesn't matter keep trying to be the best version of yourself. Also if your defenseman bulk up because those battles along the boards can get rough. Otherwise just keep doing what your doing and keep pn improving. Also it's just my personal experience but going a little heavy towards the offensive side is also a pretty good idea. Maybe some day they will be visited by the hockey ghosts and get even better teaching.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Written Task: Does your player cross-train? Do you play other positions, other sports, or any non-hockey-related activity specifically to get better at hockey? If so, what and why? If you don't like talking about your player for these tasks, talk about cross-training for hockey in general.

Aksel cross-country skis, and has since he was young. During long weeks off in the winter, he'll head upstate and nordic ski through the Adirondacks. It's nothing like home, but it's nice nonetheless. He has always played forward in hockey, was never crazy enough to try goalie, and never bulky enough to warrant an invitation to defense. He plays keep away with teammates as a pregame warmup, and when he was very young he did try football but loved hockey more, and his parents allowed him only one sport with hockey so expensive and the constant trips to Sweden so time-consuming. The keep away helps with the hand-eye coordination, and he has actually earned an assist by kicking the puck to a teammate, so that's definitely useful. He can't really make an argument for the nordic skiing to be useful to hockey, other than it's a lot of leg work. Mainly he does it because it's fun.

157 words

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

Option 1 Written

There's a lot to unpack here considering Celly's career has hardly even gotten off the ground. So they stare at these kids, bewildered by the knowledge that's being imparted to them. And this kid- this kid!- who's just executed the cleanest top-shelf snipe of all time from what might as well be the blue line when it comes to pond hockey, is clearly Something to them in the future.
And so when the kid stops in front of them, wide eyed and struggling to avoid snowing them on the stop, Celly just laughs. "Don't focus too hard on hockey," they say, voice carrying over the ice. "Try some other sports. Take care of yourself. Don't make any decisions too early. You'll know when it's time."
The kid nods fiercely, nearly dropping his stick in his efforts to make it clear that he's listening. Celly smiles, reaches out to gently thump him on the top of his helmet, and then they're whisked away.

(They're gifted another brief vision, of themselves in the far future, out on a pond of their own and laughing as they teach a different little boy to skate, another figure calling out to them from the edge of the ice.) 
(And another, of themself again, even further in the future, coaching him as he stands in front of the net in goalie pads for the first time.)

(And then they wake up.)

[Image: Fm35hEW.png]

The next night, your player walks in a waking dream through a vague fog. An overweight plague doctor, who never speaks, guides you through the chill winter air. Suddenly remembering your encounter with sleep paralysis Connor McDavid, you ask this comicon specter if he might be the Ghost of Hockey Future.

Just wanna start out by saying these point tasks are hilarious all season so great job staff for dis. Secondly, i can only imagine what seeing an overweight palgue doctor looks like wearing his bird mask --- scary stuff lads. MANNN connor mcd getting sleep para on me would be awful... even if he may be a generational talent. Im not really in the business of seeing aspirations and ghosts and taking their advice and stuff (see bobby orr PTs) but he would defintely reply if i asked McD how he was doing. He would probably say he is a legend and that hes going to the HoF, which is prolly true.

“I thought I was a goalie, but STA told me forget being a goalie they make nothing, and no one cares about them.  Guess what I was a center all along and I had no idea. Now I am the toast of the town, and I am getting offers from all the GMs and Scouts.”

– Spidey Talent Agency, on Activity Check

Pt pass

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Luca plays football as well as hockey. Though he excels at hockey. When initially training to become a better hockey player, Luca spent time on his academy's football team where he learned how to play a complete game on a pitch. Til this day, Luca goes back to Italy and plays football with his old mates. He uses this time to train his hand eye as well as his agility. While it is not the same as skating, the lessons learned can still be effective for all other sports. The gain in stamina alone would make this training worth it. While Luca only plays the two sports, and only one professionally, he keeps his eyes on other top athletes from around the globe. Studies their training methods and analyzes their games. Anything to make Luca better. The guy is a nut but he loves to play and get better. Having a sharp brain helps with these study sessions, and Luca is always looking to get better.
[166]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

PT Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

Code:
Option 1:

Written Task: The next night, your player walks in a waking dream through a vague fog. An overweight plague doctor, who never speaks, guides you through the chill winter air.
Suddenly remembering your encounter with sleep paralysis Connor McDavid, you ask this comicon specter if he might be the Ghost of Hockey Future.

He shakes his head and silently points forward.

Several children, all under nine years old, are playing hockey on a frozen pond.
One in particular is a far better skater than their peers, and goes bar-down flawlessly on the makeshift aluminum pipe goal.
As they celebrate, their eyes meet yours, and understanding flashes through your player's mind -
this child will, in some mysterious metaphysical way beyond your comprehension, pick up your torch when you retire.

Your player has one chance to say something, something the child will carry with them as the words of their childhood hockey hero for their whole career.
What will you say to the Ghost of Hockey Future, the star of tomorrow: your own next re-create?

Niclas Sundqvist approaches this young child and kneels down. The night is cold and as wind is biting on the faces of everyone outside, steam leaves the mouth of Sundqvist as he speaks words he is not really sure as to where they come from. Almost as if someone was speaking through him:
You will carry a legacy that is a heavy burden. The expectations you might put on yourself are not always reasonable so you need to remember that sometimes a step backwards is worth more than two steps forward. Your future is filled with not only winning games, cups and individual rewards but also meeting great people that will help shape you and your future.

The young child looks into the eyes of Sundqvist, as if sensing the words rather than hearing them. They were getting the puck that flew away after a missed shot and stopped just where Sundqvist had knelt down. As they turn, Sundqvist feels something. A voice reaching back to him. Within a single sentence, the response he hears is:
Whatever dude, I just wanna meme on the fools.

[185 words]

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]