Create Account

S75 Championship Week Due: Sunday, March 24th @ 11:59 PM PST
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2024, 10:10 AM by spidey. Edited 3 times in total.)

CW Triva:

Excelsior

+3 TPE

Option 3.

This is a tough choice.  On one hand you have to love the consistent success the New England Wolfpack have managed to produce.  Sure the team may be a little long in the tooth compared to the Panthers, but there is something to say about experience and knowing how to get it done.  But if I was to put money on this series, if someone said it was life or death...I would choose the Los Angeles Panthers.  That sucks to say...go Pride.  But the team is a powerhouse and a slow build to success.  They have some of the best talent in the league in every area of the ice.  Factor in they are hungry, they have been paying their due for a ton of seasons chasing the Blizzard building off of playoff failure after failure.  They are ready and can win it all.

+3 TPE

Option 6.

How the best team in the league for the last two season not make the cup final in either of the last two years is insane! Sure bad luck can happen, but the Edmonton Blizzard have been heads above all others. Their roster has dominated the last two regular seasons boasting the best forwards in the league all gathered in one locker room, one of the best defensive groups in the league, and the best goalie in the league at this time. The fact this team was unable to create a dynasty is a travesty.

+2 TPE

TOTAL TPE +8

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

1. Meow

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2024, 08:12 PM by mee. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

CW TRIVIA LINK
shuff

+3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. During the Conference Finals Panthers had no players who had multi goal game, yet they beat the Texas in 5 games. Can New England shut down a team with such depth, how could they do it?
b. On New England side Ivan Lacksamus is back on MVP form, scoring 15 goals and 38 points in 19 games, including the 15 points scored in Conference Finals. Should Los Angeles try to find a way to stop him or hope that their stars kick in the next gear to meet the challenge head on?
c. Olof Karsikko, who has won the Razov and the Challenge Cup with both teams, while already past his peak comes into finals with higher save percentage than Grzegorz Brzeczyszczykiewicz who on the other hand has lower goal against average. Which team in your opinion has advantage on net and how much of an impact you think it will have on the series?
d. So, a pack of wolves fighting some panthers. Where the fight happens? How it goes? Which side wins? Were animals hurt while answering this prompt?
e. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

a) The Panthers depth is quite impressive. In a mighty run through the Western Conference, it has seemed unstoppable. I do believe it may be too much for New England to handle. To try to match a team that can churn out line after line after line is just not an easy task in the sport of hockey. The Wolfpack will have their hands full.

b) Ivan Lacksamus is an absolute beast. He has been tearing apart the playoffs, and in the last series against the Forge, he put up a crazy 15 points in six games. The Panthers must be able to keep him in check. In home games, they should take advantage of the last change and make sure he always sees the top defensive pair.

e) I think the Wolfpack are going to become back to back champions. While yes, they did just drop the first two games of the series, they did the same in the conference finals. This is the team that grinded out two game sevens, and came back from 2-0 against Philly. The Panthers have yet to be challenged in the playoffs. Without having faced that adversary, I don't see them being able to close the deal.

+ 3 TPE

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Maybe next season (100 words min)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?
6. The Forge had the final stolen from them. There is no doubt that the Forge are the best team in the league and it isn't even close. The fact that New England beat them was a total travesty.

The Forge led the league in goals for during the regular season. Since the point of hockey is to score goals, that makes them the best at hockey in the league. What did you say? Defense? Not the point of hockey. The Forge were the best team at scoring goals, therefore they are the best team at hockey. Therefore it is a robbery that they are not playing in the CC finals.

+2 TPE

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

1. (3) trivia (that's my word)

14. (2)

Well, I'll be honest here I must have missed quite a lot here in the SMJHL playoffs. I didn't know sims were still happening, I didn't know the 2nd round had started, and I didn't know Carolina had lost, so take my expertise with a bit of salt as they say of course. I thought Colorado was going to be bad, but they were better than Carolina (who was, notably mid), and I keep hearing that QCC is scary, so I would imagine they're not mid. I'm not sure if the teams for the finals have been uncovered yet, as the Index doesn't have the semi-finals having been started yet, but I would assume that QCC and Maine will make the main (some pun intended) event. Maine has been steamrolling teams so far, and QCC is, and I quote yet again "scary". Shoutout my bitter bitter rival Demir Bellona.

2e. (1)

If we're going off momentum here, LAP should have this thing in the bag. They've only lost 2 games so far, and don't seem ready to lose more than one again this time. Could be a quick and simple 4-1 series, hope they take it to 6 or 7 games, but given the history folks, it just doesn't seem likely!

2b. (1)

If I know anything about how winning works (spoiler alert, I don't, I was raised a L**fs fan), I know that if you get in the star's head, you get in the team's head. Stop one to stop all. Pretty depressing if you're on the in-the-headed end, but pretty solid game plan for the in-the-headers!

2d. (1)

I would imagine the Wolves win in that fight, as they're far more likely to use evasive and team tactics compared to the more solitary Panthers. I suppose the real question comes into play when kids are involved, but for the sake of the broad hypothetical, I think multiple Wolves would take down multiple Panthers. No need to nitpick semantics in online debates, I know what you meant!

CW Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

Gm Pass

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]

CW Pass

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

HO pass

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]

SMJHL GM CW pass

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

GM Pass

[Image: Wally.png]

HO pass

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

verification: redcarpet

3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

c. Olof Karsikko, who has won the Razov and the Challenge Cup with both teams, while already past his peak comes into finals with higher save percentage than Grzegorz Brzeczyszczykiewicz who on the other hand has lower goal against average. Which team in your opinion has advantage on net and how much of an impact you think it will have on the series?

We all know by now that goalie TPE doesn't matter and we also know the playoffs aren't the regular season. If a goalie is hot it can potentially beat any other goalie, even if the TPE difference is huge. What matters most here is which goalie is hotter in the playoffs, we've seen it before. I can't look into the file, but if it looks like Karsikko is performing better so far, there might be a good chance for him to have the advantage. In the end we really won't know until the sims happen.

(95 words)

1 TPE

Code:
e. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

Los Angeles hasn't been in the finals recently and I'm usually in favor of a new team winning. Ideally one that has either never won a cup before or hasn't won one in a long time. You could argue 10 seasons hasn't been long, but it's something different at least. Seeing NEW again is getting boring, almost like when WPG was in the finals every season. They should give someone else a chance. It's more likely the NEW wins, but I'd probably want LAP to take this one.

(88 words)

1 TPE

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Been there, Done that (150 words min.)
It has been 10 seasons since Panthers last won the cup and Yannick Svoboda is only player left from that team. While for the New England this is 4th finals appearance since S70 and multiple players have been there for all of them, including the two cup wins. Will that experience triumph over excitement or will it make them overconfident? Will the nerves of Panthers get better of them now when the stakes are the highest? Which team has the mental advantage over the other and how big of an impact you think it will have on the match up?

I don't know too much about this, but I've heard so much about potential team chemistry and if you keep players together for a longer time the team can have an advantage. Without having studied either team in detail, I could see New England having the advantage if their players have been together longer and have been to the finals so often and even won those cups very recently. Los Angeles just doesn't have that experience. Of course that's just hypothentical and only based on FHM. What's probably more important is that you don't shuffle your lines around too much or try out too many new things in the playoffs. My vote will still go to New England, but in the playoffs anything is possible. We've seen surprises before and many would say even seeing the Panthers make it to the finals is a surprise (yes, despite their regular season performance), more than seeing New England again at least.

(159 words)

3 TPE

total: 8 TPE

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

HO CW Pass

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

GM Pass

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

Gm pass

[Image: hallsy.png]