Create Account

S75 Championship Week Due: Sunday, March 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: Done

5. Written, 3 TPE, And make it double (150 words min.)

SHL HO has noticed how well received the Ultimus Bowl half time show has been and you are now tasked to create a show for both intermissions during one of Challenge Cup Finals. What kind of performance it will be and how will you ensure that ice will get resurfaced while it is going on?

If I were to create a half time show, it would have to be a live performance of some sort and not something that is pre-recorded. I did not see the Ultimus half time show, but I would suggest something like a karaoke battle of players from the respective teams in the game, or from the losers in the conference matches, but preferably the games players. This type of karaoke battle would have no limits of the songs that you could see, and could even be a diss track about the opposing players. One that you made yourself or one that is stolen from a ghost writer. To make it even more interesting, the winner of the karaoke battle, determined by the fans in the audience, will get some sort of advantage during the game. I'm not sure what that boost would be as I am only tasked to come up with the event. The team that comes last would also have to be the back-up singers with no choice in the matter.

6. Written, 2 TPE, Maybe next season (100 words min)

Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

The obvious answer for this is QCC. We do not really know why we got absolutely smacked from games 3-6, but it really humbled us for sure. With the absolutely crazy S74 draft class and the supporting class, we did not think we would be stopped, especially with how the season planned out again, getting the most points for the second season in a row. I'm sure others would argue for an SHL team, but only losing a little more than 10 games in a season, and then losing 4 in a row in the playoffs is something that's not very common. Maybe it was the young goaltending or maybe it was the strats, but this will be the last time this team will be together with the expansion draft coming up.

Offseason Head of Recruitment Pass

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

gm pass

[Image: izzy.PNG]

ramit

[Image: DIsmdUx.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2024, 01:57 PM by DigDoug11. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trivia - 3 TPE
1 - Smokes

2.A - 1 TPE
Well I’m writing this after already know the outcome of the championship. The panthers have been dominating all season with Adam leading the pack, why would that stop at playoffs? It doesn’t matter who’s scoring as long as you score more than the other teams, it’s that simple, that’s why I believed they would take the cup this season.

2.b - 1 TPE
Ivan was a big factor for the wolfpacks successes this season, not saying he carried the team, but he was definitely a deciding factor in most of the games during the playoffs. But I think with all of the stars that the panthers have, this challenge should be no problem for them. They did hold him to 2 assists total during the finals.

2.c - 1 TPE
When it comes to goalies, I don’t know squat. But what I do know is that this is a team game and if you don’t have a team to watch your back and to support you, you’ll fail every time. Not putting goalies down, these are 2 very great goalies in the finals, the can hold their own, but I think it will come down to who ever has the better support system, which would be the panthers

2.d - 1 TPE
Personally, I think a panthers would destroy a Wolfpack in the real world (no animals were harmed during the writing of this PT). With that said this is dot hockey, not the real life. With that said, my money would be on the panthers, they’ve dominated all season. Why would that stop during the playoffs?

13 - 100 words for 2 TPE
Looks like the panthers won the cup this year! Congratulations to them. I’m glad they won instead of the Wolfpack, because they knocked us out of the playoffs in the second round, go steel hawks. But with that said I would have liked to see both teams lose! Because I wanted to win, but that’s not how the world worked, so I’ll settle for New England losing. I’m not sure If there was anything the wolf pack could have done differently to prevent this, after game one of the cup, which was the close game during the finals, the pack just couldn’t keep up. They were shut down in every way. Welp that’s over 100 words.

9 TPE total, I’m one over the 8 TPE cap, oh well.

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

Code:
Task 1: Trivia (3 TPE)

verification word: corncob

-----

Code:
Task 2: Grab Bag (2 TPE)

A. Depth is such a genuinely critical piece of how a good team succeeds in a post-season that you have to wonder if New England truly has the nads to stop every single line firing on every cylinder. If they're going to, they're going to have to ensure that every line is playing good defence, else they're going to wind up getting trounced the way Texas did. (66 words)

E. In an entirely even fight? Ten wolves vs. Ten panthers? It's not even a fucking contest, the big cat wins 9/10 times. Even factoring in pack morale of a wolfpack, we're talking about cats that are often three or four times bigger than a wolf and that, for the most part, are used to taking on prey of that size purely as hunters. Wolves generally are smart enough to avoid apex predators that they can't overwhelm by sheer numbers for a reason. (83 words)

-----

Code:
Task 4: Merely a setback (3 TPE)

No one stays on top forever. We've had prompts like this in the past and that alone proves the point that these sorts of powerhouse dynasties rise, fall, and rise again over a span of decades in the sports world. Edmonton and Winnipeg are either at the start of the downswing or will be there soon and it's hard not to think that Philadelphia and New England are also on their way onto the back nine as well. Guys get older, younger teams get better, upsets are always a factor, and sometimes shit just stops going your way. No one wins a major sports championship without a little bit of luck, even if it's luck you have to make yourself, but eventually that luck will run dry and you're back to the mean with everybody else. And someone else starts making their own luck the same way you did. Look at Hamilton or Seattle or any other team that had sustained success: eventually, your time comes. That's sports! (168 words)

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for
each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked
below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get
credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Ivy

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup
related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer
must be 50+ words.

a. During the Conference Finals Panthers had no players who had multi
goal game, yet they beat the Texas in 5 games. Can New England shut down
a. team with such depth, how could they do it?

e. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?
a. The only way to shut down a team with depth like the Panthers have is to get lucky. When team has depth like this, the reality is that you really can't stop them all. So, New England is going to have to play their game while also hoping pucks bounce their way and luck is on their side. (58 words)

e. Maybe I am biased because the Panthers beat us, but I am taking Los Angeles. This team is special. They have the depth, skill and overall winning mentality that I believe makes them extremely dangerous in the finals. I really don't see any team, New England included, taking down this powerhouse in Los Angeles. (54 words)

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, And make it double (150 words min.)

SHL HO has noticed how well received the Ultimus Bowl half time show has
been and you are now tasked to create a show for both intermissions
during one of Challenge Cup Finals. What kind of performance it will be
and how will you ensure that ice will get resurfaced while it is going
on?
The intermission show that I get to pick is going to be one to remember. In honor of this animal matchup between the Panthers and Wolfpack, we are going to really run with that theme to entertain the crowd and make sure they do not leave their seats during the break. My choice for the entertainment is going to be an on-ice hockey matchup between a team of actual panthers and a team of actual wolves. Imagine the crowd's reaction when they see these giant, ferocious animals skate onto the ice with sticks in their mouths as they try and score some goals. Of course, these animals will have to be trained to where they do not actually maul each other out there. But once we get that out of the way, it will be a lot fun watching these animals skate around unfamiliar with what they need to do. Ice maintenance will be an issue with all of the scratches from the panther and wolf claws...but we will ensure the ice team and zambonis are well equipped for this new challenge. (182 words)

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2024, 02:36 PM by bjkman. Edited 3 times in total.)

DELETED

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2024, 02:36 PM by bjkman. Edited 1 time in total.)

0. Affiliate Claim +3

ISFL Affiliate

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post. +3

Bosh

2. Grab Bag +2

a. During the Conference Finals Panthers had no players who had multi goal game, yet they beat the Texas in 5 games. Can New England shut down a team with such depth, how could they do it?

The answer is... sadly I don't think they can, not only does New England allow way more goals than the Panthers, they also had a much longer series than the Panthers, so they won't just be the underdogs, they will be tired ones at that. As said in the game of football, it's "any given sunday" but New England will have to have 4 "any given Sundays" to come out on top over the panthers during the championship series.

Code:
79 Words

b. On New England side Ivan Lacksamus is back on MVP form, scoring 15 goals and 38 points in 19 games, including the 15 points scored in Conference Finals. Should Los Angeles try to find a way to stop him or hope that their stars kick in the next gear to meet the challenge head on?

Ivan Lacksamus was absolutely the reason New England was able to fight off Philadelphia and make the championship series, and while there is no doubt he will do some scoring damage to the phenomenal Los Angeles defense that beat Texas pretty easily in 5 games, it won't just be him that needs to go off for the New England Wolfpack to be crowned "Alpha" this season.

Code:
66 Words

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

gm pass

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

1. Trivia: popcorn

Elk  Rage
[Image: cLeHjn1.png]
Sig by sulovilen!

1 CW TRIVIA, Belly - 3 tpe

2d. Well, what happen when wolves and panthers get together the result is pretty obvious. The panthers eats the wolves that is what happens and that is what has happened in the SHL season 75 finals. The New England Wolfpack got swept by the Los Angles Panthers just like a wolfpack facing off against a pack of panthers.
Words ~57 - TPE 1

10. Podcast Stream https://soundcloud.com/mesbonk/big-slappy-cw-75 - 4 tpe

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

2. (+22 prompts completed)

A: Depth is only one part of the equation when it comes to competitions such as this. What having a deep pool does it create a situation where your floor is much higher than other teams, meaning that even if most of the team is on a bad night, one line will probably still be effective. As long as New England doesn’t suffer from too much variance in their game to game performance, that shouldn’t be the deciding factor in this one.
D: In order to not harm any animals in the making of this prompt, our combatants will be duking it out in a game of poker. Poker however, is a poorly picked battle, as I feel like the Panthers would have a clear advantage. This has little to do with any animal traits, and much more the fact of where they are located. To live in LA is to at least once a year take a road trip to Las Vegas, the world capital city of gambling. Safe to say there would be few better cities to host teams with poker talent other than Vegas itself (Maybe Atlantic City?).

12. (+2)
I think overall Team World in the WJC struggles most with depth across the board, therefore I think it would make the most sense to grab both one attacking player, and one defense players to bolster the ranks for a deeper run. Given GMing and sisterly commitments elsewhere, I’d most likely be taking Ryland Murphy and Johnny Patey from QCC into the team. Both players do an incredible job for the team, and would represent a strong improvement for Team World without interfering with other teammates job/responsibilities to other teams in the WJC. Given this particular tournament does seem to generate any real LR activity, this would probably be the best approach overall.

13. (+2)
One of the key factors in the LA Panthers sweep of the S75 final was no doubt thanks to their defense and goaltending. New England had just come off a series where they had lit up the scoreboard against Philadelphia, with their offense putting out 8 goals, 4 goals, and 9 goals in their last three performances. When coming up against LA, they did score 4 in game 1, but that would be the high-water mark of the series. After that they averaged 1.66 goals a game, as the Panthers maintained better production and thus easily dealt with last year’s cup winners. Defense wins championships.

14. (+2)
The Four Star cup finals are being contested by the Colorado Raptors and the Newfoundland Berserkers. Each team faced a difficult challenge in the semifinals, as the Raptors came back from a 0-2 deficit to beat the Quebec City Citadelles, and Newfoundland had to overcome a dire 1-3 deficit against Maine. Each team showed resilience to make it though those series, and each certainly have a chance to hoist the cup. However, the most in form of any unit here is the Colorado offense, and it should prove too difficult in the end. My gut says Colorado takes this in 5 or 6, if it goes to 7, then I like Newfoundland’s chances.

8/8

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Tree

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=6576542e&is=6563df2e&hm=9cd2...40228abcd&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

gm pass

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]