Create Account

S75 All Star Week Due: Sunday, March 31st @ 11:59 PM PST
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2024, 04:08 PM by puolivalmiste. Edited 7 times in total. Edit Reason: fixing all the issues after trying to edit the thing on mobile )

Welcome to All Star Week!

The maximum is 8 TPE. Mix and match whatever tasks you desire, but the maximum TPE to be earned from this is 8.
The deadline is SUNDAY MARCH 31ST at 11:59pm PST.
Please copy/paste the prompts (including the # of TPE) into your post; it makes it much easier to grade and track.
This PT is for SHL players and send-downs only. If your player is S76 or S77, that's not you.
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*
Please feel free to PM with any questions or concerns.

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

S75 SHL MILESTONES
S75 SMJHL MILESTONES

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Before last players are picked Edmonton is the only team that has 4 players selected for the game. Among those only defensive pairing from a single team Isaac Forty-One and Emil Egli. They both were traded to new teams this offseason. Would you let them play one more time with each other or would you highlight them with their new teammates Dirty Boots and Brandan Laroux who also made it to the game?
b. Inferno and Panthers got to send two forwards each, Shōyō Hinata and Binko Koivu from Atlanta and Adam Prpich and Derek Martin from Los Angeles. Would you let them show of their chemistry and potentially dominate the game by letting them play on the same line or is All-Star game prime opportunity for them to show their creativity and skill even when playing with other top players?
c. Should the starting goaltender be the one who arguably had better season? Or as the stakes aren't as high as usually would you think it is better to offer the experience for the goalie who has had less appearances? Or maybe honor the one who has had more? Who should start and why?
d. Aleksandr Iskandrov and Wide Peepo Happy 3 Koivu get to play on their home arena as Hamilton is hosting the event this season. Does it matter more for the fans or the players that they get to play in front of home crowd?
e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE, Participation Trophy (100 words min.)
Currently every team gets to send at least one player to the All-Star game. Are this seasons selections good in terms of team variety? Would you prefer more even selection from all of the teams or more focus to be put on individual performances despite the teams they represent? Do you think it is important for each team to get representation?

Code:
5. Graphic, 3 TPE, Fresh Faces
Make a poster hyping up any player(s) that have their first all-star appearance (since S70).

Last Players In

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, Chosen Ones (150 words min.)

The Last Players In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?

Code:
7. Graphic, 3 TPE, You would never believe who got voted in!!
Create a thumbnail for video reacting to Last Players In results. Image needs to have logo(s) or use other creative ways other than just text to make it about SHL/SMJHL.

Offseason Fun Time

Code:
8. Written, 3 TPE, 75 seasons worth of stars (150 words min.)
It is 75th season and we had excellent media series produced by Luke that showcased the best players the league has ever had. Your task is to make an All-Star line (3 forwards, 2 defensemen and 1 goalie) out of those 75 players. To make it bit harder, you can only pick one player from each of the following ranges: 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-55 and 56-75. Who you pick and why?
SHL75 Players list

Code:
9. Written, 3 TPE, Most Decorated (150 words min.)
Make a case for a player or user of your choice to win an award or multiple awards.

Code:
10. Written, 3 TPE, One foot inside the Hall (150 words min)
Make a case for a player to be inducted in Hall of Fame, check out the list of players from last ceremony post and pick any player that didn't get inducted and wasn't on their final year (as this isn't the place to argue about votes that already have passed). Let everyone know why they should be inducted to Hall of Fame.
S69 HoF Ceremony

Code:
11. Graphic, 2 TPE, Bring your own banner
Create either a league or a team Hall of Fame banner for player you think should have one. Can use existing templates or give it your own creative touch.

Code:
12. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- SHL All-Star Game and Roster
- SMJHL All-Star Game and Roster
- Review of Trades and Free Agent signings from this offseason
1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 8 minutes or 4 TPE for 10 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 10 Minutes or 4 TPE for 15 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 03:02 AM by Katth. Edited 3 times in total.)

1. Milestones - 3 TPE
Link

3. The Teammate One - 3 TPE
I am glad that my buddy Benson Fiorentini was selected to play in the all star game. He deserves this so much. He had an amazing season and I am so happy for him to be part of this event. While I had a bit of a slower season I know I have been able to contribute to his amazing season and it kind of feels that we are there together. I expect the all star game to be a nice laid back experience for all of the people that have been selected to participate and that the East is going to win with big numbers obviously. The West sucks and I hope Benson Fiorentini will score a ton of goals and goes five hole on Justin Time for shits and giggles. Out of the rink it is a good way for Benson Fiorentini to present himself to the world and promote Tampa Bay.

4. Participation Trophy - 2 TPE
I think it is important that all teams have at least one representative at the all star game. It is not all about individual performances and it is also about inclusion and be a showcase for the league. That is why all teams should have at least one person attending the all star game. So it is really nice to see that Damien Hirano from the Montreal Patriotes is there for the all star game. Montreal is still tanking, but that does not mean they are not part of the league. So I am glad he is there to represent them.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Head of Recruitment Offseason Pass

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

CW pass

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

GM PASS

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

ASW Pass

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

Gm pass

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

ASW HO PASS

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 04:02 PM by Jakesdy. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Milestones - 3 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3493220
2. Shiny Grab Bag - 4 TPE
a: I would like to give these guys one last chance to shine together as a team. It will be very nice to give the fans the opportunity to watch the last dance of Isaac Forty-one and Emil Egli in one defensive pair. This would be a nice decoration for the All-Star Game. - 52 Words - 1 TPE
b: I think the All-Star Game is a great opportunity to look at different, sometimes unusual, combinations of players. Therefore, I think that the guys can be sent to different lines or teams. It will be very interesting how they will show themselves in a game with other, even top players. - 50 Words - 1 TPE
c: I think that the starting goalkeeper can be the goalkeeper who had a better season, since the playing time between them will still be 50/50 and therefore neither goalie will be deprived of attention and the fans will be able to fully enjoy their excellent play in the net. - 50 Words - 1 TPE
e: I think I was selected to the SMJHL All-Star Game for my inspired play. This season was incredible for me, despite losing to Maine on a 4-game losing streak. I became the team's leading scorer for the first time in the regular season with 42 goals, and also became the team's second leading scorer with 79 points. - 57 Words - 1 TPE
4. Participation Trophy
I think it's right that each team has at least one representative, because if we looked only at individual indicators, many teams would be left out, and therefore their players. Of course, it would be interesting to watch a match with the best players in the entire league, despite belonging to the team, but my opinion is that this is fraught with depriving fans of some teams of the desire to watch the All-Star Game if there is no player representative of their favorite team. And in this sense, I see the rules for selecting players for the All-Star Game as ideal: the best players are guaranteed to shine on the ice, and through fan voting, players with less good statistics, but no less beautiful game, can fulfill their dreams. - 130 Words - 2 TPE
Total: 8 TPE

[Image: M3SilsV.png]
Sig by @enigmatic

CW PASS

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

GM pass

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

GM pass

GM pass

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig![Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=661b6612&is=6608f11...0f071bc3c&]
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2024, 03:12 PM by Rabidsponge21. Edited 5 times in total.)

Milestones - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3491797 - 3 TPE

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=701184 - PBE PT - 3 TPE

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
Code:
a. Before last players are picked Edmonton is the only team that has 4 players selected for the game. Among those only defensive pairing from a single team Isaac Forty-One and Emil Egli. They both were traded to new teams this offseason. Would you let them play one more time with each other or would you highlight them with their new teammates Dirty Boots and Brandan Laroux who also made it to the game?

I think ultimately it doesn't matter. It might be a bigger deal if they had won a bunch of times together and celebrated long careers which were close to and end. I don't think that is the reality though as the players likely have some wind left in the sails and a chance to keep winning with their new teams so the need for a reunion isnt really a top priority.

Code:
c. Should the starting goaltender be the one who arguably had better season? Or as the stakes aren't as high as usually would you think it is better to offer the experience for the goalie who has had less appearances? Or maybe honor the one who has had more? Who should start and why?

Its the all star game at the end of the day and really most players know they are there more for the kids and event than to actually celebrate anything. For most I think having your name on the ballot and selected is a nice stat boost to the hall of fame ballot eventually but the focus is on putting on a good show. Lets the less frequent players attend honestly and enjoy the 1st skate out for the all star game.

Code:
d. Aleksandr Iskandrov and Wide Peepo Happy 3 Koivu get to play on their home arena as Hamilton is hosting the event this season. Does it matter more for the fans or the players that they get to play in front of home crowd?

Fans. Always the Fans. Fans are the ones who fill the building - buy the merch and keep the players employed at the end of the day so having their players play infront of them gives them some mid season bragging rights over the other teams since they have some of the best players and the fun ability to buy and all star jersey with a name they know if they want and the jerseys are ugly as heck.

Code:
e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)

Sometimes when there is greatness - greatness recognizes greatness. Mikkel had easily his best season in his minor stint last season and lead the Elk to at least some regular season success the team had been sorely lacking over the last 2 years. They needed to make a big step going into the season and he helped lead the way to do so. Not many defenseman could claim to be as sound of a 2 way on a not completely dominant team like Quebec as Mikkel was for the ELK. It just made sense.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

GM pass

[Image: macgriddlesig.png?ex=6531467b&is=651ed17...9ee2d84f&=]
Finland  Stars  Berserkers