Create Account

S76 PT #0: For Chirps and Wiggles Due: Sunday, April 7th @ 11:59 PM PST

Pass Forfeit frequently takes over the social media of the panthers, though many fans find his posting tedious and uninteresting. When he has the reigns, Pass tends to do a tour of the facilities but blindfolded and with the camera covered so at the end of the day nobody can see anything. Later on he recruits Derek Martin to do a filmed lap around the rink for maybe 30 minutes so they are going as slow as possible. This results in the longest set of stories ever and generally is a disappointment to fans hoping to learn something interesting because the lap is done in silence. Finally, the two do another hour of laps around the arena but wearing ski masks as to not attract attention from onlookers. The total laps are counted and a final story is posted for the Los Angeles Panther LAP laps count board which is followed by a few fans who are crazy about the team. The most Los Angeles Panther LAP laps wins an internal team trophy.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Option 2

While the offseason is prime time for training, and Scar Bealey did a LOT of that in the offseason, Scar also had the unique situation of being drafted to his SHL team as well. Because of this, Scar wasn’t going to just stay in St. Louis in order to keep training with his Scarecrow teammates. No, Scar took a trip to New Orleans to not only get to know the Specters management (who Scar gave RAVE reviews about) and the Specters’ training facilities, but to also walk about New Orleans itself. New Orleans, while having one of the most ridiculous and fun places to ever be in Bourbon Street, also is chock full of history. There is art seemingly on every street corner, and there is delicious food all over the city. New Orleans has a rich culture and Scar, who had always heard great things about New Orleans, had to experience it for himself as soon as possible. So he took a two week trip down to Louisiana, and it was an enjoyable experience for Scar and his family. (180)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

I love my rest. It is a very important part of my day, even during the season. But I do realize if I don't get back on the ice and work out, I am going to lose my spot. I always go on vacation after season end. I go somewhere hot and sunny, that does not have a hockey team. Usually that is enough that to not be recognized wherever I go, and to be fair I can usually walk around my home arena and not get noticed that much either. It is amazing what a sunglasses and a low brim hat can do. If I do get noticed I do kind of enjoy it a bit, probably because it doesn't happen that often. I will take my time to take a selfie, sign an autograph if they want and then move on. I try to keep it on the down low, because once a crowd forms you never get to do what you went there for. So a quick selfie, a sign, and I head out. Hopefully that makes those couple fans happy and me happy as well as my day isn't botched. I also try to do one local autograph signing so that fans get my sig and forget about me the rest of the season so I can dominate.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

PT pass

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

It's fairly often that Andrade La Sombra is met by adoring fans throughout the time he's away from the arena. After winning the J Cup, it's not as if La Sombra will zero in and focus on the next season; he needs time to celebrate! Heading back down to his native Mexico, he will likely be met with fans who want him to sign everything he can. La Sombra welcomes the attention; he certainly has to add time to his trips accordingly, but it's a welcome addition. Andrade is happy to please the fans, and he will continue to do so while he's got this star power. That being said, there are times where he absolutely needs to take a break, and for that, he'll just stay home, most likely ordering take-out and doing his best to avoid going outside. It's an entertaining offseason for sure, with La Sombra making many appearances, but there will be a time where La Sombra will need to get serious and prepare for the next season. Let's hope he can do that and plan accordingly in between all his fans.

[Image: 9kneOLq.png]

OPTION 1

Jaromir Jagrbomb asks all his friends for help to create his social media taskforce. Also friends' friends, and friends' friends' friends. Because he heard that there are some people who are wrong on the internet, and he wants to change that. He takes over all possible social media accounts on all platforms and orders the task force to start one-on-one conversations with everyone who has at any time posted anything negative. The idea is that for some people the negativity may be sparking from frustration or boredom, and social interaction could help that. Also, some people may simply have false information or uneducated view on certain things. So the taskforce basically tries to silent and convert them with kindness and affection. This will also lead to a huge number of comments on all league related social media posts, which then again by the social media platforms will be seen as excellent engagement. This will help the league expand their media presence by a lot!

[Image: sulov.gif]

Option 2- As a Latvian, Kristians Mikelis is used to fan interactions. Ice hockey is one of the most popular sports in Latvia so in his career before the SMJHL, Mikelis signed many autographs and had many fan meetups. Mikelis is a very humble hockey player, and whenever possible he goes out of his way to make fans have a better experience. One of the ways he does this is by making sure to always flip a puck to a fan during warmups. When it comes to the offseason, Mikelis doesn't plan around fan interactions. If someone wants a picture or autograph, he will happily oblige, but he also won't go out of his way to set up any fan meetings. Luckily from being a waiver claim in a small market (Maine) last season, Mikelis isn't nearly at the level of fame as some of his peers. For now, Mikelis plans on living out his off seasons as a normal player and making adjustments as needed. By the time he grows to the level of fame as other SHL players he will have enough money to rent out wherever he wants to go.

[Image: mikelis.jpg?ex=660c1ce5&is=65f9a7e5&hm=c...4a38cd630&]

Option 1

First of all, my player is a she not a he. This is an important distinction because one of the initiatives she probably would support is getting more women in sports the recognition they deserve on various platforms and maybe try to stifle some of the naysayers that poopoo on that aspect of the game. That said, if we're being honest Mia Lavoie isn't big on social media generally so she's not going to be leading the charge on that front. She'd be more than happy to participate and help her teammates get the fans amped up and focused on the positives of their game on platforms like twitter (or X or whatever the hell it is now), while maybe getting some sweet chirps in on other fanbases. Her participation won't be a huge focus though, because she's also realistic and knows some fights on social media aren't worth engaging in and some fans will never be pleased no matter how the team interacts. That extra time is better spent training and proving what the team can do out on the ice.

(182 words)

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

My offseason sucks. If Regina doesn't win the cup, I have a running tradition. First I kiss my family goodbye, then I am off to the great Artic Tundra. From here I have to spend hours getting myself into peak physical shape and into my Elk Costume. I put myself in a pen and wait for @CloudRobot to show. Once Mac shows, I have pretend to be an Elk for the entire off season, going on hikes up the mountains and listen to Mac sing “Uptown Girl” way out of key while he soaks in ice baths. I get on the Chirper at night when Mac is sleeping, and I can't believe he hasn't noticed that his Elk sits motionless while I play on on my steam deck to keep warm. That thing puts out more heat than the gosh darn Sun. The best part I guess this year is I won't have to race Mac back to Regina since he got called up. Great, now I'm sad again, back to chirper!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: mmflex.png?ex=6587840c&is=65750f0c&hm=49...0873cbea2&]

option 2

After a long season, the offseason is made for relaxing and how do you relax? The answer is simple, you on on vacation. Once the offseason hits I would plan my first trip, probably somewhere warm like Cancun Or Hawiia. The nice thing with these 2 locations is that there are not many hockey fans in either location so I do not need to worry about being spotted when I am on vacation just trying to enjoy my time and relax. I would also most likely plan a trip to Europe, or more specifically Greece and spend sometime out there, but I would try to avoid the summer as it is too hot, and some tourists might actually know me! I would finish the off season by spending some time out the lake with family and friends and yes even some fans. This would let me give back to some fans during the off season before we head into the regular season.

160+

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Code:
Written Option 2: While offseason is prime time for training it is also the time for rest for the players so they are ready for long season ahead of them. Should you stay at home or go to vacation, going to any public spaces has a chance to run into a fan or group of them. How does your player interact on these encounter? Do they like the attention? Do they need to reserve 3 hours and 2 pens to go to local store? Selfie with first and run from the rest? Maybe they are doing their best to be as unrecognizable? Or just do they take a car with tinted windows from door to door with few security guards making sure nobody gets to talk to them (while Chirping away at fans on their phone)?

Thankfully for his mental sanity (but unfortunately for his ego), Levin is a fairly secretive person when off the ice, and during the off-season, he makes sure to spend a full month away from North America, back to his native Switzerland, in order to spend some time with his family and childhood friends, as well as take in the Alps' crisp air. However, it does happen that he is recognized when he goes out hiking or trekking, since he's also been a permanent fixture of the Swiss IIHF team for the past 5 seasons. In the case that it happens, he tries to make time for a little bit of small talk, as well as take any pictures or sign any autograph that is being asked. While he doesn't necessarily enjoy doing these things in San Francisco (it feels like American fans are too demanding of his time and invade his personal bubble too easily), he will gladly spend the time for a fellow citizen, as they don't get as many opportunities to interact with him, and he wants to give back to the country that raised him.

(192 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2024, 07:50 PM by jjlangabeer. Edited 4 times in total.)

The nice thing about being a bum in your first season in the SMJHL and having a rough year is, that no one seems to know who you are. It was tough having to hang with some of the guys in the offseason as they all get asked for autographs and such and everything thinks I'm just one of their buddies who is tagging along. I just sit back and smile there will hopefully be a day in my career where I will miss the days of just chilling in the background. Until that day comes I'm going to take the time to enjoy time at home with friends and family, having dinner, taking beach trips, and just having a normal summer while that is still an option. I think my favorite is hitting the greens, still new to the game so I need a good ball budget but nothing it better then playing 18 with all your friends back home and of course its a hockey pass time that I need to learn.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2024, 09:54 PM by Will3. Edited 2 times in total.)

In a typical offseason, Valerija Serapin would return home to Lithuania for four month of chilling with some light workouts and enjoying her celebrity status. This offseason was anything but typical. Not only did she win the Four Star Cup with her Colorado Raptors friends, she was called up to the Montreal Patriotes as was planned before the season started. After the Championship parade and crashing a few parties, Valerija would spend two weeks moving across North America and to another country. After everything was settled, she would be on a flight back home with the Cup in tow. While she does occasionally miss the ability to move around unseen, being as famous as Taylor Swift in your home country is so much better than being forgotten. Valerija never misses a chance to sign autographs or hang out with fans. There is always some plain clothed security around her in public, mostly to keep her from  making a ruinous mistake. She would cut her time home a month short to adjust to her new home city and to prepare for her SHL debut.

Now, Vaseline Podcalzone makes the most of his free time, and rightfully so. For Podz, free time is key to a real work life balance. So, he really isn't out in public as often as his younger teammates. Of course, Podz will still run into some eager autograph seekers or enthusiastic fans just out of the necessity of life as a professional hockey player. When this happens, he usually handles it as gracefully as can be. Why turn down someone asking an autograph and get a bad rap for it? Of course, there are the autograph seekers that immediately try to sell it off of Ebay, but for every 1 of them, there are at least 10 to 20, probably more than that, of fans that are eagerly hoping to have their dream come true.

Oh, and as to the matter of selfies. Why not? You're not going to make money off of selling a selfie with a celebrity. Might as well make someone's day by posing for a second or two.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]