Create Account

Hall of Fame goalie and other coffee-flavored adventures

We all know that Harry Carpet has a passion for two things: hockey and coffee. Perhaps not in that exact order. 
The new inductee to the SHL's Hall of Fame has two important announcements to share today. The first one concerns his coaching role for the North Stars which he took up after retiring from the same team.

"When the opportunity arose to stay with my old team and join them as a goalie coach it was an easy decision. Initially being on the other side of the game and not actively playing anymore was a big change, but at the same time still being able to travel with the team and coach goalies, some of whom I played with during my time in the league, was special. It has been six years now and after considering all my options, I have decided to explore a slightly different path and have resigned as goalie coach for the organization. Toronto has been my home for most of my adult life and my family and I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. I will still be a part of the North Stars organization in some capacity as long as they'll have me."

The second announcement is related to Harry's other hobby obsession addiction passion: coffee.

"Those that have paid attention to the North Stars' arena, especially those that have worked inside the building, know that once I set foot into here, the coffee culture has changed - improved I must say. I even made it requirement in my contract to always have high quality coffee available here and - of course - the best coffee maker money could buy for the locker room. Any SHL team can afford this and I have no idea why so many others just don't. A huge thank you to ML for making that happen."

"Early in my career, various businesses found out about my, well, obsession, leading to some collaborations to promote coffee (any kind really) and I even secured the team a really good deal. The guys who were on the team back then still talk about it. It didn't stop there. Anyone who couldn't afford my favorite drink simply got one for free, as the sponsors covered the costs. Not everything was perfect all the time, but let's not talk about those other... incidents. Long story short, coffee has been a constant companion throughout my career and even during my active years as a player I often thought about what to do afterwards. The big 'afterwards'. Retirement. Most players do that at some point I think. Some simply retire and play golf or become YouTube fitness stars (not really my cup of tea, believe me), but for me it was clear that I needed another job. The coaching job was fantastic and I enjoyed it a lot, but I really wanted to explore something else."

Introducing Carpy's Coffee - the new destination for all you caffeine junkies!

"So I had a conversation with the Toronto staff and gradually transformed my promotional job into a little personal side project. It was something I wanted to do for quite some time, but while being active in the league I simply didn't have the time for. We've been a sponsor on the team's ice for a while now, but I have always let other people run the business while I focused on coaching and the team. However, that's all about to change now. Carpy's Coffee is expanding beyond the little coffee shop inside the arena, into other cities in Canada. In fact I have talked to the Aurora and we are working on an on-ice sponsorship as well. I know Shaggy loves our coffee too and has been urging me to bring Carpy's Coffee to Winnipeg ever since he moved there. How could I say no? Carpy's Coffee might be near where you live soon too!"

[Image: AfpXX8l.png]*

"Last, but not least, I cannot leave this topic unaddressed. The other night was an incredible memorable night for me. I was inducted into the SHL Hall of Fame. Even speaking about it now still feels very surreal. Not many former players can say they have achieved something like this. I'm very grateful for all the support I received along the way. Thanks to everyone - there are so many of you - who helped me to get here."

*Thanks to @_Blitz_ for randomly surprising me with the logo on TOR's ice design, I think it's perfect, but looking back at all the old PTs - it had to happen eventually, right?

If there are any questions about any of the topics, I'll try to answer them.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

<3 The true entrepreneur life begins

[Image: Wally.png]

Congrats! Very well deserved!

[Image: p82ugau.png]