Create Account

S76 mPT #1: Lessons from pre(diction)-season Due: Sunday, April 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

FOR

Either Chrish Valentine or Ivan Lacksamus will win the Ron Mexico Trophy

I believe that with Valentine's swap in position from Defense to forward will be a big difference maker this season. Turns out Valentine was meant to score and will be the star center that Texas has been missing since the rebuild. Even with the large TPE player moved away from defense, they are still tied for 1st with Philly for best defenseman. I also don't doubt that Lacksamus can make a push for the best player.  He's incredible. A future hall of famer and is still absolutely an incredible player.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM by WildfireMicro. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
Nobody cares about the SMJHL

AGAINST

Yeah I am going to say this one is not true. It may be so if you aren't associated with the SMJHL, but straight up saying that no one cares about the Juniors is a bit disrespectful to the GMs and players who definitely do care about it.

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2024, 09:40 AM by Bfine. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
Buffalo will miss the playoffs for first time since S45

Against. I honestly think there’s no chance Buffalo will miss the playoffs. To miss the playoffs they would have to be worse than Montreal, Manhattan, and Tampa Bay and I think they likely finish ahead of all three of them.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

New England will win the Presidents’ Trophy

Against. Not just for NEW but for any East team. The West is simply too weak this season that any of the stronger teams in that conference will get dozens of free points while any team in the East has to struggle against teams that will actually put up a fight most games.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Code:
Either Olof Karsikko or Sir Devoir will win the John McBride Trophy

Olof Karsikko will always be in the running for the John McBride Trophy. He's a constant in a league that changes constantly, and makes any team he's on a cup contender. Playoff Olof is no joke.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Code:

Against. I care about the SMJHL and my SMJHL teammates, and I'm sure my teammates also care about the SMJHL. Why you gotta bully us send downs like that man? Not cool, ill be talking about this in my next therapy session.

[Image: i0ZCRTJ.png]

Россия wants you! Ask for a Transfer! Join Independent Russia Today!

Malamutes syndicate Independent Russia   Malamutes syndicate Independent Russia

Code:

FOR

I didn't even open the J index before writing this, and I'm pretty sure nobody else did either. What do those letters even stand for?!

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

Conference finals will be same 4 that they were last season (LAP, TEX, PHI and NEW)

I am against this. I believe the final 4 will be LAP, LAP, LAP, and LAP. This is the true final form of the Challenge cup finals and those who disagree can eat my shorts.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Code:
Either Olof Karsikko or Sir Devoir will win the John McBride Trophy

Against.
When you look at the stats, Dionne was above one or the other in most stats. He had the most victory with 6 (both had 3 or bellow), 2nd in GAA, 2nd in GSAA, 3rd in S% and first for shutouts. Since he played more games than them, I assume (and sure) than Dionne would have the better stats of the 3 if they all played the same number of games.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

The conference finals will be the same four they were last season.

For

They are some very good teams with some very good players and I don’t think that the sim *Ahem* their luck will turn against them so quickly as to keep them outside the final four again this season.

[Image: zFE0mSA.png]      [Image: HKi05IH.png]     [Image: KS8UYv9.png]

AGAINST: Without that great introduction I had in the J, I would not have stuck around. It is a great way to meet the people and learn about the league. Plus I won the cup my final year, so everyone should care about it.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

Against: Maine is going to win the Four Star Cup

Lets be honest, do we know that Maine is a real team and that the Four Star Cup is a real thing you can win? I don't know if either of those things are true, so I can't imagine that they would win.

Heavily against

The people in charge may despise J lifers from having fun but the minors here are way better than the majors and a massive amount of people care. The brandings, the communities, the vibes, everything is superior. I can't wait to be done and go back to the best part.

[51 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2024, 02:38 PM by oknom.)

Code:
AGAINST: The SMJHL matters. I can understand saying “I don’t care who wins”, but if you are involved in the SHL in any way then you should care about the SMJHL. The J is the shepherd for new users to their SHL teams. WC42

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2024, 02:39 PM by caltroit_red_flames. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
AGAINST: I think this is wrong, in fact I would say too many people care about the juniors. When you're a young player you get excited about the minors and your GM feeds into that because they also want to win and also generate enthusiasm for their players but no player should ever want to spend more time in the minors when they could be in the majors. I literally just did that last season and in doing so I made my majors career shorter. That was stupid and should not have been done.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]