Create Account

S76 mPT #1: Lessons from pre(diction)-season Due: Sunday, April 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

I am against that nobody cares about the SMJHL. Did you see how many applications there were for an expansion team? The fact that they had to expand means that this league is healthier than ever.

New England will win the Presidents’ Trophy

Nope, NEW got a little old and are retooling so they got quite a bit a work to do if they want to win the presidents trophy this season but the chances are quite slim!

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Nobody cares about the SMJHL

Against.

The SMJHL is the lifeblood of this league, and the most fun part of it. There's nothing better than watching people come into the league, learn it, go through all the love and hate, and watch them eventually go up to their SHL team. Eliminate the SHL, keep the J.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Quote:Buffalo will miss the playoffs for first time since S45

I mean if you look at it quite simply you can never count Buffalo out. There's a reason why their a powerhouse and it's the team itself and their willingness to spend to go out and get the person who they need. Or trade for a piece to keep them in contention. I personally haven't seen them going the rebuilding route so I feel like this prompt might be a season or two early.

Code:

True. Look at the facts, the j has routinely implemented division and conference line ups that are insane. Ottawa is in the *southern conference*?!?! What kind of imaginary fake hockey world do we live in where that is acceptable! Why is there not more outrage? Right, cause no one cares about the J.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Ben Waters Jr. will win the Scott Stevens Trophy 

against,. This guy stinks out loud. If he wins I am going to be so mad and do bad thigns around. He is a poser and a foool. He needs to stop. Now.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Quote:Nobody cares about the SMJHL

Against. Players gotta come from somewhere, there is more variety regarding title wins and the parity is usually better down there than it is in the majors. Dunno who came up with that line.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Ben Waters Jr. will win the Scott Stevens Trophy

Against. The Ben Waters I knew would never want his son to win this trophy. There's no way that he would do this to the Ben Waters legacy and win this trophy. Ben Waters was a respectful, defensive player and would never want to score this much. It is a tragedy! A travesty even!

[Image: SHOWNOMERCY-KETIL-VIGN.png]

Code:

Code:
Buffalo will miss the playoffs for first time since S45

Against. This rarely occurs. The issue with Buffalo is that TPE doesn’t reflect their success. They can secure victories, despite their team not appearing strong theoretically and Under Tomen's leadership, defeat isn't an option for them.

28 words
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2024, 12:14 AM by hotdog.)

Code:
Either Niclas Wastlund or Edouard Lavoie will win the Ideen Fallah Trophy

For - I couldn't possibly have any idea what this trophy is for but i do know that Edouard Lavoie is an atlanta inferno prospect so there is certainly no doubt at all that he will be winning this award congrats @Amidships!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Code:

Have you seen me working the phones during SMJHL draft night? Certainly, if nobody cares for the SMJHL, then I simply do not exist. Indeed, my passion for this league (and surely in the art of scouting and drafting) are sufficient to FALSIFY this claim.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

Against nobody cares about SMJHL

May be a bit biased due to me currently being down there, but everyone does have to come from somewhere after all. It honestly at time can be more exciting than the SHL too due to the variety

Maine is going to win the Four Star Cup

Against. Obviously the Regina Elk are going to win the Four Star Cup! All joking aside, there are some teams with absolutely stacked rosters this season in the J and while Maine are pretty good, I don’t think they have the strength in depth of some of the other contenders.

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

Against, this is simply untrue because I am someone and I care about the SMJHL. Therefore, the statement is factually incorrect. I am also aware of others who care about the SMJHL. No further questions.

[Image: Thor-Hockey_2.gif]

Nobody cares about the SMJHL.

Against. I myself slightly care about the SMJHL. This is likely because I am a first gen but I like it. If I like it, it destroys the arguement that nobody cares about it. Berserkkkkk.

[Image: mattyj.png]