Create Account

S76 mPT #1: Lessons from pre(diction)-season Due: Sunday, April 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

Code:
Buffalo will miss the playoffs for first time since S45

Just not going to happen. They are just too good and always have enough firepower to squeak in or just become unnaturally dominant. It's uncanny and impressive.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Nobody cares about the SMJHL:

For: Minors stats dont count for your career stats so really no one should ever care about the minors, that is just logical to me. Just care about the majors.

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

“ Nobody cares about the SMJHL”
AGAINST:

I do and so many others! The j is how people are first introduced into the community and it’s very important to care about it, plus, there’s several people who’s job is to care about it haha

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Quote:New England will win the Presidents’ Trophy

Against.

The great thing about New England, is how they seem to be a sleeper team that fight their way far into the playoffs. I don't see them winning the presidents trophy, but I have a feeling they'll put up quite the fight at another cup run.

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

Against: Conference finals will be the same 4 that they were last season (LAP, TEX, PHI and NEW)

The San Francisco Pride will be the ones making the Western Conference Finals this season instead of the Los Angeles Panthers. Not only have the Pride gotten much stronger this season, but Los Angeles is not looking as dominant as they were last season.

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Code:
Nobody cares about the SMJHL

Probably true for any minor leagues in sim leagues, simply a place-holder for your player to make the jump. Some may enjoy it, but high-preformers who are aiming for HoF do not care one lick about SMJH standings, points, etc

“I thought I was a goalie, but STA told me forget being a goalie they make nothing, and no one cares about them.  Guess what I was a center all along and I had no idea. Now I am the toast of the town, and I am getting offers from all the GMs and Scouts.”

– Spidey Talent Agency, on Activity Check

Quote:Buffalo will miss the playoffs for first time since S45

Against:

The Buffalo Stampede are the main character of the SHL since I've been on the site. THey've been good enough to win several Challenge Cups, and have had players go on to the Hall of Fame. They've been an impeccably run franchise, to the point that such a playoff streak is not at all a surprise. Not only will the Stampede make the playoffs, they'll contend for the divisional title with New England and Hamilton.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Quote:Nobody cares about the SMJHL

Untrue! Against!

I care about the SMJHL, and that's one more person than is stated in this sentence. Plus, the whole Colorado locker room at the end of last season sure seemed to care a lot.

[Image: 9kneOLq.png]

Code:
Maine is going to win the Four Star Cup
For.

When I joined the site, I first played for Maine and really liked that time. And because of that, an although I actually have no idea how competitive they are, I wish them the best and definitely hope they'll win.

[Image: sulov.gif]

New England will not win the Presidents Cup. Keep the faith Buffalo and we can pull this out. We are strong... ish. maybe just maybe we need a miracle

[Image: IMG_2927.jpg?width=1195&height=672]

against

i thibk lots of people care about the smjhl such as my dear friend @micool132 who cares very deeply about the colorado raptors and how they won a cup and i think he is not alone in caring! lots of carers out there!

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Nobody cares about the SMJHL- AGAINST

I think there couldn't be a more silly claim to make. The Juniors are were everyone starts out when they come to this sight- where they make their first friends, establish themselves in a community. A lot of people will tell you the junior servers are way more active, and for all the reasons I mentioned before, it makes complete sense. There was an expansion for juniors this latest season and it was a bummer to see people I genuinly really liked go to a new team, or see them graduate up to the majors. This is not a league that people don't care about.
107 words.

Either Olof Karsikko or Sir Devoir will win the John McBride Trophy

For because Olof Karsikko has some weird fucking devil magic that makes him perform better than other goalies no matter what the TPE levels are so I am going to assume that will just continue because why not

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Code:

AGAINST

The SMJHL is actually a lot of fun. At this moment, as someone in the J, I don't particularly follow the SHL at all. As long as you're in the J, you care about it.

Conference finals will be same 4 that they were last season (LAP, TEX, PHI and NEW)

Against: Even though these 4 teams seem like very strong and likely contenders for the final four, you can never be sure for the final four, with the league being on a high level, and even last season seeing a big upset happening with the Edmonton Blizzards getting knocked out decently early, the chance of all 4 surviving to the conference finals is pretty low

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]