Create Account

S76 mPT #1: Lessons from pre(diction)-season Due: Sunday, April 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

Code:
Conference finals will be same 4 that they were last season (LAP, TEX, PHI and NEW)

Against - I'm usually a grumpy old man about parity but after Edmonton's massive sell-off and the redistribution of talent, I think both conferences are pretty wide open. We're only 1/4 of the way through the season so there is a lot of time for things to change but the field is certainly looking more evenly matched.

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

Code:
Nobody cares about the SMJHL

Against. Well this is clearly false as 1) This prompt or any prompt about the J would not have made it and 2) No one would have answered those prompts.

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2024, 08:30 AM by CrazyMojito.)

Code:
Buffalo will miss the playoffs for first time since S45

Against. Why? Because I picked them in fantasy and them missing the playoffs would be counterintuitive to me winning my group. I also don't believe they will be one of the bottom 2 teams in their conference.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Code:

Either Olof Karsikko or Sir Devoir will win the John McBride Trophy

Against, for so many reasons. Their teams cannot support as well as other top candidates. While talented, arguably they aren't the best goalies in the league. My vote will be Justin Time. #justiceforjustin One of the best goalies with phenomenal support around him. #notbias

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Code:

AGAINST

Everybody cares about the SMJHL. its literally all that matters. if nobody cares about the J's then why does anchorage cheat so much? we cheat because we care.

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: image.png]

Code:
Buffalo will miss the playoffs for first time since S45
Against. Buffalo has some of the best coaching in the league. The team is pretty middle of the league in terms of talent, which is more than enough for them to get into the playoffs.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Against, if anything nobody cares about the SHL. The SMJHL is where the ACTION happens, newbies joining up, the grind to 425, optimizing everything like crazy. Retention, parties woohoo!

Code:
Conference finals will be same 4 that they were last season (LAP, TEX, PHI and NEW)

For - Philadelphia and New England have both proven over the past handful of seasons that they are the top dogs of the east. They have the management and coaching to make it to the conference finals again. Los Angeles just won the Cup and have a strong team again. Texas is a strong young team and is hungry to take the next step

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Code:
New England will win the Presidents’ Trophy
Against!

As a Wolfpack player myself, we have competed in this league for a long long time with the same core controlling the outcome of our season. Unfortunately, something we can not control in life is getting older and time passing. The team is aging, and the rest of the league is coming out of rebuilds with younger cores and a lot of TPE in these cores. I really think it would be a shock to see the Wolfpack at 1 at the end of the season this year

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Code:

Code:

I disagree for many reasons. One of my reasons is the community and how many people are very into everything and has such a great time spending time with everyone and spending time doing tasks.

Quote:Nobody cares about the SMJHL

Against
This community having such a system of minor league and major league is best way to ensure retention. Without the J, I believe that the SHL would see a spike in IA.

Xavier Beausoleil
Raptors
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

AGAINST Nobody cares about the SMJHL

I am so unbelievably against this notion in all sim leagues!!! A strong developmental league is the lifeblood of every sim league! Every league will have max earners that join a league and have everything instantly click for them, but the number one way to improve a league's user count is to have a welcoming developmental league that will take interested new users who have no idea what's going on, and get them fully invested in the league! 

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

Code:
New England will win the Presidents’ Trophy

For

My entire reasoning for being in favor of this boils down to the fact that I am on this team and clearly my performances will be enough to propel New England towards winning the Presidents' Trophy. I don't think any elaboration is needed, really.

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

Code:

Against

Now I might be biased considering my whole title and everything, but I personally think we're cooler than the SHL because our GMs dont smell like otters unlike my first GM @hotdog who smelled like otters and it made the locker room smelly.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

Against. From the fact that I'm even here, it's thanks to Naomi who cares so much. And that GraylessRex is here. A few others too. I haven't been in a D&D campaign in at least a year because she cares so much about this place :')
(I am kidding about the D&D part)

"I'm the best there is at what I do... and what I do isn't very nice."

[Image: KMCIWeC.png]