Create Account

Rating SMJHL Teams Based on Rostered Player Names (Part 2)

Maine - Boofa made me laugh, what a name. And holy shit, it's Teal'c, I guess SG-1 isn't paying what it used to eh? Plus, isn't your Goa'uld symbiote a performance enhancer? The Cod Father i a bit of a fishy name though, I gotta say. A few names we kinda duds to me. Koba frobe? You didn't even properly capitalize your last name! Will Nuck sounds boring. There are a few names in between but I'm going to give the Timber a solid B, based solely on the Stargate reference, one of my favorite sci-fi shows of all time!

Nevada - They are cheating, Literally Wizard? How is magic allowed? Josh Fewer is an apt name, because he's scoring fewer goals than he wants. Gwendolyn Telenn is a nice name, unique and fun to say. So is Caspian Leevi if you ask mem but you didn't and i'm telling you anyhow This is my Deep Dive, not yours! Jim Wieners is a name that's prolly too short. Just Perfection is far from, and a couple names in there just fill out the roster well without standing out in either way. Gonna give the Battleborn a C+ here, could be better on the player names for sure.

Newfoundland - Here I think a few people forgot what a Username and Player Name are. MattyJ and TheGreatOne all sorta shit the bed here in that regard. Turtle Bob and Cracker Pizza both are fun names, and Pierre Mailloux is a solid unique name, though I might have gone with Pierre CauseMyBladderIsEmpty. Slowpoke is a liar, he has 11 speed, and sabage cabage doesn't know what capital letters are. All in all a pretty poor showing by the 'Zerkers, getting a disappointing D-.

Ottawa - A few names here I really like right off the bat, Carl Hatchimal, Fédot Fedorov, Peyton Campeau, Jacob Maccabees, Demir Bellona, and Bishop Van Apeldoom are all solid, though I think the Bishop should have a negative Aggression stat because he is a man of God. Cob O'Corn and Pique Boo continue the solid showing here, only marred by joe biggs in my eyes. I'm giving the Highlanders an A, and I'm giving them the tiebreaker over Colorado, giving Ottawa the top grade of all the teams so far.

Quebec City - A pair of Solberg's, Skovgaard, Gronlund, Dupah, Akmetzhanov, and Desjardins are all solid, fun, interesting player names. Johnny Patey V2 needs to learn what Jr. is. Bog Damsel makes me wonder if they are a new Marvel super hero or just have a shitty house foundation. Scape Goat is sorta blah, but not bad. Seen it done before, Juan Tymer is fun though. Gonna give the Citadelles an A+ and the lead so far, solid names on that roster for sure.

Regina - Couple II's (Ask Red Panda Jr. about that one), one IIII (IV works just as well you know... @Troy_McClure03 ) Violet Stocia is a name that stood out to me as nice, pretty, and alluring. Jasmin Quevillon and Stavros Kondos all are nice too. No names really seem bad here but no massive home runs either... or hat-tricks? Cause not baseball... but yeah, B+ for the Elk.

San Diego - The new team comes out swinging with a Æric Calland, Klims Jevsejevs, Meo Vanbiesbrouck, Brandon Gilleyes four player combo to really just notch things up nicely. Jurijs Rālfs and Marko Kivimäki step in and just knock your shoes (skates?) off, and then they finish you off with Mathias Olivera. Best grouping so far, A++ for the Tidal.

I technically reached 500 words a while ago so I will follow up part 3 as SMJHL media because I want money too.

Approved @Inf1d3l

[Image: CptSquall.gif]