Create Account

State of the PTs
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2024, 04:52 AM by puolivalmiste. Edited 2 times in total.)

Greetings from relatively new PT Head! Somehow it got late so I'll keep it short.

I wanted to share few things now that season 77 is upon us. Starting with some personnel changes.

First of all I want to thank @Zerg and @Cycro for their work for the PT team. Secondly @NaomiMannequeen has been hired to be Co-PT Head and I'm exited to see how we can keep improving things in the future.

We are also looking for some graders so head to job postings to see what that is all about.

I have already updated the general guidelines to PTs to include this but I wanted to make sure people are aware of it. If you are doing graphical option for PT, you need to upload the image to a service that will keep it available until the PT is graded. Discord has recently changed their policy and allow linking to images temporarily (for about a day if I understood things right) so you can't use that for PT graphics and should use other image hosting services instead. (Personally I use imgur, but I'd imagine there are several good options).

I also want to remind people who have CW/PT passes or get average TPE from any PT still need to post on the PT thread or they won't get the TPE.

And with that out of the way we get to the main course, the Mock Draft, which should go up later today or tomorrow.

Based on conversations I have seen about the mock it became pretty clear that any potential changes can't please everyone but our aim is to make it more enjoyable task for most people in the long run. So this season you'll actually have two different mock threads. You can do either one of them and get TPE based on that only or you can do both and get average of your two mocks.

Classic
Same old (as old the latest iteration of it is) coming back with the first round picks and 4 prompts, nothing changes here. This should be the option that is higher effort and risk with also higher reward potential.

Top 10
Users pick 10 players from the draft class and if they get drafted with any of the first 10 picks they get 0.5 TPE. Aim for this version is to make it possible to earn decent TPE for people who
- Have to get their mock in well ahead of time before any leaks or solid info is available
- Can't or don't want to keep up with every trade that might move picks before or during the draft
- Might want to try to do the predictions themselves
But it won't help you to keep up on TPE with people who are better at mocks.
Also Because Top 10 is less dependent on last minute edits, it is done by filling a form as it makes it lot easier to grade. You will still be shown other peoples responses so you can copy those if you want to.

In case that you do both, but decide before draft that you only want to get credit for the one instead of the average do either of the following:
If you only want credit for Top 10, edit your classic mock and remove all the answers (for example replace it all with something like "checklist" or "top10")
If you only want credit for Classic, edit your verification word to no longer match with one you had submitted.

And if you only do one option feel free to post "checklist" or like on the other topic to remove get it off your checklist.

Any feedback is welcome, so we can keep improving on it (or come up with something better) for next season

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

I think it still needs a rework. If you copy a "good" mock you should easily outscore the top 10 with the full Mock. But at the end of the day it's probably a step in the right direction

[Image: 5yBVV1C.jpeg]

Some excellent changes look forward to what you bring for the tasks!

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

I appreciate the attempts at refreshing the PT's, especially mocks!

[Image: hw6Eojc.png]

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Do HOs/GMs get the average of the big one?

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Fresh ideas, I like it! Nice job!

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon
Co-GM - Maine Timber

[Image: ekaterina-valieva-spotlight.png]
Thanks @xjoverax for the sig!

May want to add that (I'm assuming this is this is the case) that you can't decide *after* the draft to only have 1 mock graded instead of the average. If that's incorrect, would also be worth noting.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: Tqabyfh.png]

Please combine cw again

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Just make mocks for people in the draft class and leave the rest of us out of it

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

05-20-2024, 09:20 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: May want to add that (I'm assuming this is this is the case) that you can't decide *after* the draft to only have 1 mock graded instead of the average. If that's incorrect, would also be worth noting.

That is indeed the case and I have edited the announcement to make it more clear.

05-20-2024, 06:22 PMAephino Wrote: I think it still needs a rework. If you copy a "good" mock you should easily outscore the top 10 with the full Mock. But at the end of the day it's probably a step in the right direction

While finding the right balance for Top 10 will not be easy, I think copying a good mock isn't that easy either as actually identifying which one is good to copy so it isn't that simple, specially if you cannot do it close to draft. Top 10 might be harder than I think it is but lot of it also depends on how predictable the draft is, if there are barely any leaks then it might actually be better to do that than the classic one for most but as it is now I would hope it to be reasonable to match GM average, which for last 3 seasons have been 7,5 and 6 TPE (also worth taking into consideration that roughly half of the users got same or less).

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2024, 04:23 PM by hockeyiscool. Edited 2 times in total.)

I think this is a neat idea/change. It may be worthwhile adjusting the value of the potential total TPE of the first 10 (currently potential of 3 participation+ 5 tpe for a perfect bracket) to match the potential TPE of the classic draft sheet (3 participation + 12 potential perfect bracket). If this were chosen, the easiest change would be to just make each correct pick worth 1 full TPE. Maybe even add the questions 21-24 like they normally would be.

05-21-2024, 03:28 PMhockeyiscool Wrote: I think this is a neat idea/change. It may be worthwhile adjusting the value of the potential total TPE of the first 10 (currently potential of 3 participation+ 5 tpe for a perfect bracket) to match the potential TPE of the classic draft sheet (3 participation + 12 potential perfect bracket). If this were chosen, the easiest change would be to just make each correct pick worth 1 full TPE. Maybe even add the questions 21-24 like they normally would be.

05-20-2024, 05:30 PMpuolivalmiste Wrote: This should be the option that is higher effort and risk with also higher reward potential.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway