Create Account

S77 mPT #4: Well Inspired Due: Sunday, July 7th @ 11:59 PM PST
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2024, 04:24 AM by puolivalmiste. Edited 1 time in total.)

NHL season did eventually end and while it has no direct impact on SHL many things in here take inspiration from NHL.

Is there something that real leagues do that you think and should be implemented to SHL? Or a thing that SHL already does like NHL and why you think it is important to keep it that way?

OR

Is there something that SHL does that mimics the NHL but should in you opinion be changed? Or a thing that SHL already does uniquely and why you think it is important to keep it that way?
25 words minimum!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, July 7th at 11:59pm PST. Posts submitted/edited after the deadline will receive 0 tpe.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.
Graders reserve the right to determine what is malicious. You will not be warned.
This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies. If your player is S78 or S79, go do the J tasks instead.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Someone might have figured it out but this is just my way to get to complain about the playoffs format, I get that it is the same that NHL uses and they likely do it to save money on travel costs and to build rivalries between teams because those brings people to seats but here we don't really care about either and playoffs aren't once a year thing but once every 9 or so weeks and it get pretty old to be playing the same team(s) season after season, even just adding whole conference to the mix would lead to opportunities for playoffs that don't feel like repeat of the last season. ~26 words.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

It would be funny as hell when SHL players would get actual match suspensions, first and foremost it would generate tons of goons into the league while also being chaotic as hell when the team itself has to call up a prospect from the SMJHL and there would be nothing that they could do about it

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

SHL could take model from the NHL in many things. The biggest lesson is what Vegas Golden Knights has done. They have competed since day 1. No excuses about player material. All teams tanking before and currently could use them as an example. If your coaching and players' attitude is at good level, anything is possible every season.

[Image: salming.png]

Two small things: I think the SHL (FHM) should honor the fact that there are TWO special teams units, and I think the SHL (FHM) should realize what a goalie pull should look like.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png][Image: augr5GV.jpeg]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, tweedledunn, and jaypc8237 for sigs

I think the Simulation Hockey League should take inspiration from the National Hockey League in regards to free agency and free agent frenzy, in the NHL it is a shitshow, in the Simulation Hockey League is barely exists as most players just stay where they are, and or don't even chase money.

45 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM
Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Sad Ketchup -Present
S76 Ryan Jesster Trophy Winner

One thing that the SHL does that honestly the NHL should follow suit in is being literally the dopest people around. The NHL should also look into paying per chirp because some of these players do have a good social media presence. But I do think that the SHL should allow me to have a financial planner and make my money work for me instead of the other way around.

[Image: bdDUUbs.jpeg][Image: YbWICYS.png][Image: i3Qgjha.jpeg]

We can maybe change the points system and use like the PWHL ones (like IIHF). In fact, the 3-2-1-0 point system is more fun to see and play than the 2-1-0 point system we see in the NHL.

[Image: sam-volta-sig-0901.png]

I have usually been a believer in the idea that variety is the spice of life and the big thing here would be eliminating the idea of divisions and conferences for playoff matchups so 1 plays 16, 2 plays 15 and so on. I feel like this is more fair to those teams that had great seasons from running into trouble in loaded conferences or divisions.

[Image: F84OPdM.jpeg]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

I honestly think NHL players should have to write articles in order to get better. Why weightlift when you can become the next Hemingway, and by becoming Hemingway become Gretzky? Foolproof plan.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

I know this will never be implemented but 3 points for a win 2 points for a OT win 1 point for OT loss and 0 points for loss
this punishes a bit for going into overtime even if the team wins

[Image: cVahF90.png]
[Image: 3XFmqtw.jpeg]

I think that the SHL should add like RFA and UFA and players should try to chase a bag. This would make contracts and free agency much much more fun than it is bc say u gotta pay ur player and also star players can ask for the contract they want.

[Image: avatar_6228.png?dateline=1722181476]

Sometimes the SHL teams mimic nhl teams in design and branding. I think that's dumb! Our league is unencumbered by logistics, geography, even reason! We should swing for the fences!

(31)

One of the things the SHL could do is actually introduce a type of free agent frenzy a few days after the draft. Like, players don't have multi-year deals, right? There could be a small shallow pool of free agents that the SHL teams fight over. I guess that would involve introducing a hard cap though. Some things to definitely ponder!

I think it would be fun for SHL teams to have some regular media days or post week conferences. See if we can get some of the league GM's together to almost do a group podcast and answer some questions about how things are going. Add some RP elements in and it should be a fun time.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]