Create Account

S77 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist Due: Sunday, July 7th @ 11:59 PM PST

At this point in the season, you should be starting to get into the groove with your teammates. But it's not all about the chemistry when you're on the ice - it's the tunes you listen to in the locker room before you get out there that really help you bond.

Written Task: List 5 songs that are on your team's pre-game playlist, and tell us why they're played (150 word min.)

Graphic Task: Design the album cover for a CD-version of your team's pre-game playlist. Has to include at least the team name and logo.

Teamless Task: As above but it's your workout playlist.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all the requirements for any of the options. (You only need to do one of the options to get the credit and wont get additional credit for more than one).

All responses are due on Sunday, July 7th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Reminder that Discord only hosts images for very limited time so you should use something else for hosting images.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.

If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

Only S77 SMJHL rookies (S78 SHL draftees) are eligible for this task.
If your player is S79 SHL draftee (shown after name on portal), this is not for you.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

1 - Ava Max - Kings and Queens

Good tune for warmup and works as a chess theme with us as the Knights Wink
There are also some dope metal covers of this around ot there.

2 - Avery Watts - A Cut Above

Very good hype song to get you into the mood for a playoff game, cementing in your mid that YOU and your team should be at the top tonight, not the opponent.

3 - Tekken Project - Storm Rising

Great background music with some hypey elements that get you in the mood without distracting you with vocals that you want to follow in your mind, avoiding to get you out of your game.

4 - Star Walkin' - (Metal Cover)

Good song that can lift your spirit and empower you. I prefer some mEtal Covers over the original for that extra oomph they add.

5 - Portugal. The Man - Live in the Moment

A final reminder to stash verything distracting aside for the next hours and concentrate on what is important, the puck.

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2024, 11:52 AM by kdr. Edited 1 time in total.)

PBE Affiliate Task

1. Roy Jones Jr. - Can't Be Touched
perfect hype song for pre-game. Gets everybody to the right mood to go into the ice. I would say goat pre-game song.

2. Foo Fighters - The Pretender
Can never go wrong with some rock in hockey locker room. Another song to the get everybody hyped before the game.

3. Eminem - Till I Collapse
Eminem isn't usually the go to one for pre-game, but this song is amazing. When it starts playing you know its time to lock in.

4. Kanye West - Can't Tell Me Nothing
Another classic. When this comes up in the aux you know everybody will be singing that word for word.

5. Kendrick Lamar - Not Like Us
Drake fans are not gonna like this. Had to include this one even tho it's still pretty new, but it will get the vibes up in the lockerroom.

Move B*tch by Ludacris
I mean as a defender, I am going all out. And I am going to run over some players and this will be in my head when I am on the ice and going straight through someone.

Party on 5th ave by Mac Miller
This is a sentimental pick. I am a penguins fan and they play on 5th avenue in Pittsburgh. I just love the song and it gets me ready for a game.

We Ready by Archie Eversole
I mean why not. This a definitely a pump up song and a game time song. Because we are going to be ready and they are not going to know what hit them.

Gin and Juice by Snoop Dogg
You must have Snoop on your playlist or you are doing it all wrong. If Snoop is not going to get your blood pumping, who will.

Lose Yourself – Eminem
I mean it is our moment, we got one chance, one opportunity, do we capture, or do we let it slip away.

[Image: P1XRN7f.png]

PT Pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2024, 05:35 AM by Sokoliik. Edited 1 time in total.)

My version of this task!
[Image: nevada-battleborn-playlist-ulNngRB?third_party=1]

Akira SUZUKI
Goalie of Nevada Battleborn
Drafted S78 by Los Angeles Pathers
[Image: GeDPfU3.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2024, 03:02 PM by Allegiant.)

The Newfoundland Berserkers don't use a team playlist because every player is different; Slowpoke might listen to 1980s mom rock and Launchpad might listen to Kanye West x Brittney Spears bardcore mash-ups, and those unique tastes wouldn't be fit if someone just threw on their own playlist and tried to force the whole team to listen. Instead, each player just throws in headphones and listens to their own thing.

Weston Windsor's playlist is as follows:

Minor Threat - Minor Threat
Kind of a classic and also an influential song, the pace of it is good for when you're trying to get yourself in the right mindset.

When the Ink Leaves Your Fist - The Wrong Side
Weston doesn't drink and he likes his music to affirm that fact to him in dramatic fashion.

Lexicon Devil - Germs
If you can understand what Darby Crash is saying in any given song then you'll be well prepared to figure out what an opposing player is saying when they chirp with a mouthguard in.

My War - Black Flag
Out of this band's discography, this is probably the best song to really get yourself going if you're heading into a game that's expected to be a little chippier than usual.

Hammer the Nails - Casey Jones
It's heavy, loud, and has a message that appeals to Weston (see: 2). Some of the other messaging in the song which is very much about individual choice also resonates.

[Image: hqBRlWW.png]
Berserkers Blizzard Usa

There are many songs and genres that play in the Quebec City locker room, but by far some of Roccamontepiano's favourites are:

La Machine a Scorer - Bob Bissonnette

This is the song that has played for every Citadelles goal scored at home since day one, and it always gets everyone fired up for the game.

Holding out for a Hero - Jennifer Saunders cover from Shrek 2

In the early days of Quebec City, the team would play this song when they were tied or down by one late in the game. It would often inspire someone to be that hero and score a goal.

Chant Sacré - Laurent Paquin

A good battle cry that always strikes fear into the hearts of the opposing team.

Apologize - Silverstein cover

Really any punk, pop punk, emo, or metal cover of a pop song will do, they're all fantastic pre-game pump-up songs.

Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes

Recently voted as best jock jam by members of the team.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]
Portal
Portal

PT pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

The Vancouver Whalers' playlist has quite a variety of songs. Let us take a look at what we have recently and comment on them!

Starting off first, we have a korean song put on by none other than your co-GM yourself, Shiamus. Shiamus has added an aespa song in Armageddon. It's kind of a bop and gets that multicultural flavour in the playlist.

Next we got our co-captain linking some what I like to call heavy metal in Zeal and Ardor, Clawing Out. I'll be honest, the song doesn't stick with me but it's the co-captain so I can't complain.

The song to play right after is from a person called "Here for TSwift". I'll be honest, I have no clue if they are on the team, but they are around often and I enjoy the occasional TT song! Here for TSwift got the new TT in the mix with This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things.

Our other captain put in the song Rockstar by Nickelback. It's Nickelback and they get memed on too hard in my opinion.

Lastly, there's my addition, it's actually a podcast about hockey. Does this count for the playlist? heck ya it does.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

The Ottawa Highlanders list is a collaboration between all the members of the team but here are 5 that stand out to rookie Spaceman Spiff.

You Oughta Know - Alanis Morrisette
Starting off with an Ottawa-born legend the Highlanders get the party started with this classic. A great rock song from a local legend.

Rockstar - Nickleback
Added to the list by an anonymous Highlander, but everyone secretly loves it. Especially those who protest the loudest. Just listen while they're on the ice and you can hear them all singing it.

Shot Through the Heart - Jon Bon Jovi
The ultimate pump up song, nothing gets things going like this song.

Thunderstruck - AC/DC
Or maybe Thunderstruck is the ultimate pump up song. Either way you can't go wrong.

Scotland the Brave - Scottish Bagpipes
Ending with a song to strike fear in the opposing team, played on the most frightening instrument, the bagpipes. Just watch the opponents eyes as the pipes begin to play.

Code:
161 words

Great Big Sea - The Night Pat Murphy Died

A tribute to their Newfoundland roots, the Zerks play this absolute upbeat banger by a local band to get the squad going before games, all while pondering death and how our friends will celebrate us.

Future - Serve The Base

The feeling that hearing the synths on this one then the initial drop gives you is enough to get anyone hyped for a battle.

Gala - Freed From Desire

This one's a classic team sing-along song where in the chorus they replace “Freed from desire, mind and senses purified ” with “Zerkers are on fire, your defence is terrified”.

Taylor Swift - Labyrinth

Specifically chosen by rookie centre Jett Labyrinth, while this song might not immediately get the team hyped, it puts them in a sort of a state of euphoria and focuses the squad to “breathe in, breathe through, breathe deep, breathe out” and lock in for the game ahead.

Eminem - Berzerk

The berserkers gotta go berzerk, pretty self explanatory.

"The way I have my pre-game playlist is to bring that adrenaline boost out of not only me but hopefully the people around me, so a lot of songs are fast paced, they are ones that maybe even the arena would play but they always aim to fit with the team, fit with the atmosphere and most importantly give our players that high energy feeling before getting on the ice. 

First song, is going to be "Fuel" from Metallica. It's the definition of hype, it's a perfect song for anyone to listen to and to get hype for. When we have players doing pre-workouts you can see them pushing themselves and going faster as they're feeling the intensity of the music. We're locked in, we're focused on getting a win when we come into the arena.

Next, fits right into it and works with my love for some punk rock, "Give It All" by Rise Against. Genuine reminder to go balls to the wall when on the ice, to give our all for a win and has that hyper, chaotic energy to put us in the game time mood.

One of my personal favorites for the team has become, "Bark at the Moon" by Ozzy Osbourne. Continuing the high octane energy we want to give, we're Malamutes so we're dogs. We got that dog in us, everyone can hear us barking in the locker room or on the ice and that's something I even enjoy hearing the crowd do. We're just woofing at one another and this feels like the perfect mix of it all. 

Next up, is truly something that connects the locker room together and it stems from a love of hockey. "Sweetness" by Jimmy Eat World. It feels like that one song every hockey fan SHOULD know, it's one people grew up listening to or cheered at a stadium, all of us being hockey players now, we can chant along and relate no matter where we come from or how much ice time we have.

Lastly, one that just feels almost necessary for the team as we round everyone up for stepping onto the ice... we got to put on "Blitzkrieg Bop" by the Ramones. I've been caught screaming in the hallways to my teammates "AY! OH! LETS GO!" while pointing to the rampway. It gets me in the perfect mood to go out there and get the show started.

And that is my Pre-Game Playlist."

In Anchorage, the pre-game soundtrack is all about setting the tone for the upcoming game. Some songs will get you hyped, but it's more than that. They have to get you hyped and get your head space in the right place. You dig?

1. Total Eclipse of the Heart - What? Mongoose87, this song doesn't get me hyped! It's not a great tone for hockey either. What gives? Well, what do you do first when you build a house? Is it the walls, the roof, the windows or the doors? No, it's the foundation. So Anchorage starts by allowing Bonnie Tyler to turn their hearts into emotional putty to be shaped by the other music.

2. American Pie - It's a classic, everyone loves it and everyone can sing along. Spirits are raised and comradery is built.

3. The Song That Doesn't End - That's right from Lambchop's Play Along. Everyone hates it and it sets the team into a rage by listening to it for 30 minutes before stepping into the ice.