Create Account

SHL/VHL Affiliate Petition

So as some of you may know, I am Jay. I currently have been involved in the SHL for multiple IRL years now, coming up on my 2.5 mark. I really enjoy my league, the whole sim aspect of living your dream of playing in professional sports. The best part is not even that, but the community aspect. Through my time there I have built upstanding friendships with many people, even a few that could last a lifetime.

A while back, one of my good friends pushed me to join the ISFL. I had my doubts as I know nothing about football, even now I still don’t even know what my player does in his position. But it never stopped me earning and involvement in the superb community they have over there. As for earning, I was immediately off the bat a max earner.. But do you know what the easiest part about earning was? I had the availability to claim over my SHL PT so I didn’t have to write double.

Then recently, as recently as in the last month or so, I joined the VHL. As soon as I joined I had my doubts about how the whole TPE Earning aspect worked, but just a week in it was super easy to get to know and have a full understanding of it. If you don’t know, each week you can do various things to equal up a total of 6 Capped TPE (One of them is an affiliate claim worth 2 TPE), then various other things for uncapped TPE, plus your main PT which is worth 6 TPE itself. It was easy to complete everything every single week through all 3 sim leagues to max earn, but now, as all sim leagues run on separate schedules, it's getting slightly annoying having to write different PT’s in different leagues. As ISFL is in the offseason, they are not running PT’s, so I am having to do SHL’s, plus a VHL one. (Ie VHL has an Affiliate with the ISFL)

Is it truly that big of deal to write an extra 150 words? No, not at all. I have wrote more than a PT just in this petition. But it makes my life so much easier in the long run with PT’s if there was the option to claim my SHL to the VHL, or vice versa. There is a large number of SHL’ers that also reside in the VHL, or VHL mains residing in the SHL, and I feel that it would make all of our lives much easier if this was an option.

- Jaypc8237

[Image: iQSPFuj.jpeg]
[Image: z6GYaGE.gif]

my understanding of this is there is bad blood between VHL and SHL from 5+ years ago that would prob cause most attempts for this to fail

06-30-2024, 09:17 PMsliceruser Wrote: my understanding of this is there is bad blood between VHL and SHL from 5+ years ago that would prob cause most attempts for this to fail
true, but never hurts to try

06-30-2024, 08:59 PMjaypc8237 Wrote: So as some of you may know, I am Jay. I currently have been involved in the SHL for multiple IRL years now, coming up on my 2.5 mark. I really enjoy my league, the whole sim aspect of living your dream of playing in professional sports. The best part is not even that, but the community aspect. Through my time there I have built upstanding friendships with many people, even a few that could last a lifetime.

A while back, one of my good friends pushed me to join the ISFL. I had my doubts as I know nothing about football, even now I still don’t even know what my player does in his position. But it never stopped me earning and involvement in the superb community they have over there. As for earning, I was immediately off the bat a max earner.. But do you know what the easiest part about earning was? I had the availability to claim over my SHL PT so I didn’t have to write double.

Then recently, as recently as in the last month or so, I joined the VHL. As soon as I joined I had my doubts about how the whole TPE Earning aspect worked, but just a week in it was super easy to get to know and have a full understanding of it. If you don’t know, each week you can do various things to equal up a total of 6 Capped TPE (One of them is an affiliate claim worth 2 TPE), then various other things for uncapped TPE, plus your main PT which is worth 6 TPE itself. It was easy to complete everything every single week through all 3 sim leagues to max earn, but now, as all sim leagues run on separate schedules, it's getting slightly annoying having to write different PT’s in different leagues. As ISFL is in the offseason, they are not running PT’s, so I am having to do SHL’s, plus a VHL one. (Ie VHL has an Affiliate with the ISFL)

Is it truly that big of deal to write an extra 150 words? No, not at all. I have wrote more than a PT just in this petition. But it makes my life so much easier in the long run with PT’s if there was the option to claim my SHL to the VHL, or vice versa. There is a large number of SHL’ers that also reside in the VHL, or VHL mains residing in the SHL, and I feel that it would make all of our lives much easier if this was an option.

- Jaypc8237

Jay,

This has been discussed many a time by multiple HO groups over many years. The answer is still no.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

06-30-2024, 09:35 PMRangerjase Wrote: Jay,

This has been discussed many a time by multiple HO groups over many years. The answer is still no.

But what is the reason behind it? I know there was some issues in the past but are they not mendable?

06-30-2024, 10:09 PMjaypc8237 Wrote: But what is the reason behind it? I know there was some issues in the past but are they not mendable?
The PT systems are completely different and creating any sort of equitable PT affiliation is dead on arrival. There are other things in addition to the aforementioned that we take into consideration when we look at any potential affiliation with a league. It’s not about mending fences as much as it is a fundamental difference in operations. Two leagues for the same sport offering significantly different experiences.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

06-30-2024, 11:05 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: The PT systems are completely different and creating any sort of equitable PT affiliation is dead on arrival. There are other things in addition to the aforementioned that we take into consideration when we look at any potential affiliation with a league. It’s not about mending fences as much as it is a fundamental difference in operations. Two leagues for the same sport offering significantly different experiences.
Ahh ok! I appreciate the explanation from all of ya'll.