Create Account

S77 mPT #5: Hot Playoff Tacos Due: Sunday, July 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

The SHL playoffs are upon us! Write a wild or hot take about this season’s playoffs, even if it’s impossible for it to even happen!
25 words minimum!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, July 14th at 11:59pm PST. Posts submitted/edited after the deadline will receive 0 tpe.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.
Graders reserve the right to determine what is malicious. You will not be warned.
This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies. If your player is S78 or S79, go do the J tasks instead.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

My hot take is that there will be no upsets this playoff. In every matchup, the home team will win the series, all the way to the Challenge Cup finals.

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

My playoff hot take this season is that all upsets will happen, just to counter what @Muerto said. All away teams will win their matchups in 7 games so in reality Calgary will win the cup this season.

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

I think that we, the Calgary dragons, won’t even have one point scored against us for the entire rest of the season because we’re just that good

Wild take for the SMJHL is that the Maine Timber are gonna go all the way to the finals without losing a game and then lose game 1 in the finals before rebounding and sweeping the rest of the finals

[Image: KWQqwIn.png]

The Super Hot Take for this season's playoffs will be that the team that won the regular season won't make it past quarter-finals. Yes, you read correct. Philadelphia Forge is a false favourite. I will guarantee that.

[Image: salming.png]

The playoff format we need, no, we deserve. 10 ice rinks put together and all playoff teams competing at once in an all-out, last team standing battle royale! All you need to do to eliminate your opponent is flip them over the bench or the glass. SHL playoffs, brother.

[Image: bobdigi9.gif]

Hot take: every matchup is going to be an upset. I want to see the lowest seed win the championship because why not. And hell, while we're at it, a goalie scores a hat trick and gets playoff mvp.

My hot take for this playoff season is there will be one or two ‘’cinderella teams’’ that no one thinks that they will go far, but they will and will surprise everyone in the forum.

[Image: sam-volta-sig-0901.png]

My hot take is that the tyrannical HO without discussion or explanation will change the playoff format TODAY to 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5 only 2 hours before lines are due. The only exception is division winners are guaranteed top 2 seed. Overall people will be happy for the change, except for one group. This would mean Atlanta and Baltimore would play in the first round. Again.

@hotdog @micool132

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

It is going to be an amazing story line when Montreal comes out the gate swinging to win the cup. They did not even make the playoffs but they are gonna win it all.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

My hot take is that Frisco will revert to their choking ways and LAP will win the cup, with the other half of the hot take being that Philly is overrated and BAP will come out of the East.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

My playoff hot take is that San Francisco and Philadelphia face eachother in the cup game. After the first period, Philadelphia leads 2-0. However, an asteroid hits the San Francisco locker room, putting the entire team out of the game. Philadelphia urges the refs to stop the game, but out comes Montreal, who said they will play on behalf of San Francisco. Philadelphia is very scared and cries to the refs once again. However, after a period, they realize its easier than they thought, taking a swift 21-0 lead. They realize this will be easier than they thought. Its the 3rd period with 1:30 to go and Borje Samuelson clutches tf up and scores 27 goals back to back, winning the game 27-25.

[Image: ci5qcGc]

NOLA will be swept in the first round. If they’ve proven anything it’s that they choke late in the season when the games matter!

Hot take is that you are all in for the surprise of your life in the J. St-Louis Scarecrows are about to steal the show and win it all. Biggest upset in modern SHL history (FHM8). Go Crows!