Create Account

Scary Jerry Speaks

I need money to fund things, so here we are.

The preamble... In my opinion, being a goalie is no fun. It seems like with the new index, it's seemingly impossible to go back and look at stats for individual games. I miss being able to go back in and basically do my own play-by-play for my players. I could see it each game, each season... it was wonderful. This isn't a dig, I just liked the old output better.

The accolades seem to be there, at least on paper. One SHL championship and three world junior cups is great, especially considering that he was only four seasons in. The World Junior Cup is where he seemed to find footing, but that's sadly in the rear view mirror of his career.

Right now, it seems like he's lost in stagnation. The SHL is HARD. I've completely blocked out the last three seasons. I can't remember 75, 76 or even this one.

This year, I achieved nothing. I wasn't on any top 10s, even in losses. That's so very mid, as the kids would say. At least the season before, I had 2 shutouts and made that list.

The best I've seen in the rankings is being in the top 10 for save percentage, back in season 75.

I don't think I'm long for this world, to be quite honest. Surprise surprise, another player to be a chump.

I think I need to take a reset and come back like I did with this player, but definitely not a goalie. I was warned, it's on me.

I'm not retiring, and Scary Jerry isn't leaving the SHL just yet. But, I am biding my time to grow the account, and hopefully be able to make a stellar player. Maybe even one that gets above 1200 TPE some day!

I would like to say in the midst of my career, the one thing that hasn't waivered is the community. I'm not here much, and I rarely interact with discord. There's too much going on with too many people I don't know. I'm an old man and I can't get into that game. But when I HAVE interacted, it's been glorious. The Wolfpack locker room is always full of helpful people, always willing to help my build and answer all the questions I have as a pseudo-rookie.

The SHL community as a whole is great when I interact, and I'm glad I have a space to post my weird ramblings, and have been fortunate to truly connect with some people on the site.

I love you all, and hopefully I'll come back stronger and see you all on my teams. Maybe I won't make yet another scrub when it comes time.

Update PageWhalers | Monarchs | Player Page

[Image: T96UlnW.png]

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Love you buddy!

I am in no way telling you what to do here, but from what I gather Forwards have all the fun!!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

GM here, we absolutely have the ability to see game-by-game stats for goalies, I think if it's something you'd like your GM to track and keep an eye on, they'd do that for you. The goalie experience in FHM and in sim leagues is rough, so I commiserate with you in your struggle, but there are solutions.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png][Image: dEdEwDx.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

UsaUsaMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

07-10-2024, 04:56 PMeddiesnothere Wrote: GM here, we absolutely have the ability to see game-by-game stats for goalies, I think if it's something you'd like your GM to track and keep an eye on, they'd do that for you. The goalie experience in FHM and in sim leagues is rough, so I commiserate with you in your struggle, but there are solutions.

This is awesome to hear! I do wonder, why is that information not readily available? Is it just an overload of data, tough to get, or what? Just curious!

Jack Durden:

**Hall of Fame Member**

07-11-2024, 08:00 PMDurden Wrote: This is awesome to hear! I do wonder, why is that information not readily available? Is it just an overload of data, tough to get, or what? Just curious!

It's likely difficult to get that information indirectly from the sim's results, as it's in the same kind of statistical vein as playoff stats, something that can't be exported from the file directly. Really, I doubt many GMs at any level pay attention to it, or bother to share it, but it is accessible, and it can tell you a lot.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png][Image: dEdEwDx.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

UsaUsaMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

07-11-2024, 08:00 PMDurden Wrote: This is awesome to hear! I do wonder, why is that information not readily available? Is it just an overload of data, tough to get, or what? Just curious!
What information are you looking for that isn't in the index right now? We have individual game box scores available from the schedule section, and I'm not sure there's much more than that to be found unless you're looking for play by play info with timestamps.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Playing goalie is definitely not for everyone, I agree, at least if you're after something similar to what we had with STHS.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

07-14-2024, 12:32 AMRAmenAmen Wrote: What information are you looking for that isn't in the index right now? We have individual game box scores available from the schedule section, and I'm not sure there's much more than that to be found unless you're looking for play by play info with timestamps.

Well, I'm dumb and didn't notice we could go back into the schedule.

Please tell me that's something new and I haven't been this dumb, for this long.

Jack Durden:

**Hall of Fame Member**

Do not give up! Hard times and adversity is what makes great players!

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Three time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska