Create Account

Trent Wiseman - Free Agency Bananza

Free Agency Bananza
For graders = 1458 Words and 7823 Characters

Wiseman skated, the cones around the ice made him move and shift. After he finished his 2nd drill of the day, Wiseman heard his name being called. His head shifting and seeing his agent, smiling as he skated over hyped to see them. Hoping for some news on the front of his calling up to the SHL team, after back to back knock outs in the first and second round he needed at least some good news here. Stopping and stepping off the ice Wiseman, greeted the agent before setting his gloves and stick down.

“So what’s the news? At least on the inferno front because its been a hot minute since I heard form them.” Wiseman spoke, his voice giddy as he wanted to know about the contract situation.

With a hiss from the agent, and watching the shifting from him. Wiseman saw a letter in the hand of his agent, there he felt a growing feeling of udder sadness start to grow over him. “Haha um.. what’s in the letter? Gotta be the new contract right?” Wiseman nodded, before his face fell as his agent handed him the letter silently. The sweat from his previous drills went down his neck, it was a cold feeling as he slowly opened the letter breathing in and holding it in.

Trent’s eyes scanned the words, reading up and down biting his lip as the words he read pierced his heart. His eyes getting teary as the player, let out the breath he was holding. The only words that left his mouth was a couple of curses, before feeling himself sigh as Wiseman thanked his agent before heading out back to the ice. The letter left on the bench and the words, repeated in his mind the ones he didn’t think he would be served with this early. “Free agent” those two words were something Wiseman, knew he would have to understand at some point in her career but not this early.

As he though, his skates cut the ice. As he worked on his defensive game knowing that Atlanta had some good defenseman, but then why would they pick up a defenseman in the draft? That was a main question he thought to himself as he skated, his feet moving as he practiced some defensive moves finishing up his drills. Finally stepping off the ice and quickly grabbing the letter he was given, making his way to the Colorado practice locker room. Finding his stall and sitting down getting his skates off and humming as he looked at the, Raptor logo in the middle of the room.

Shifting as he grabbed the letter just to read it one more time, and make sure this wasn’t some bad dream that he was having. After making sure this wasn’t some terrible dream Wiseman was having, the man got up after getting undressed and changing into some more comfortable clothes. Thinking to himself that he, should probably have a little announcement on social media or bring it up for the upcoming press conference. Wiseman gave himself a shrug before, sliding into his car and taking his drive home or well apartment he had in Colorado.

Although he lived 7 hours away by driving, he didn’t really see the point of going back after every season. So after Jussi left for Montreal, Trent got himself an apartment in down town Denver. Being honest with himself it wasn’t the best apartment, but he would rather it be cheaper since well it wasn’t too much of a financial burden. So he could focus more on his hockey, but once he was home and settled after showering. Wiseman looked at his phone groaning internally knowing he would have to call his folks, so after a couple more minutes of brooding he picked up his phone and thus started one of the worst calls of his life.

So once the call ended, he checked his schedule to see what was next for today. After checking and mentally noting the press conference he was going to be attending, Wiseman made himself some food and started thinking about what he what he was going to say. Knowing once he announced it, questions would be flooding into reporters minds. Groaning softly before he buried his worries in the food he made, watching the time tick away as the press conference loomed closer and closer. Until it was finally time for it and he trudged his body off the couch, slipping on a Colorado Raptors hoodie and some sandals. Walking to the front door his arm moved grabbing the keys to his car, walking out of the door and into the afternoon light of the Denver sky line.

He walked down the steps and made his way to the car, unlocking it and slipping into the driver seat before breathing out a sigh. Starting the car sitting for a moment as his phone connected to the radio, nodding to himself as the music played coming though the car speakers. Singing along to some of the songs before he finally made it too the Colorado facility, slipping out of the car after parking and locking it. He made his way inside the building, seeing some of the others on the Raptors. This got him to smile as he moved and dapped up some of them, before talking with them for a moment and then heading to the conference area.

As he sat down the faces of the reporters, scared him a little but he had done this before. Wiseman kept thinking he would be fine after this, but in his heart he knew that it will be in his mind for awhile. Before he knew it the conference started, and he took a couple breaths before speaking. “Before we do get this started, I would like to announce that I am currently going to be testing free agency.”

The room went silent and even his teammates beside him, turned their heads to get a decent look at him before one reporter raised their hand. Wiseman nodded looking at them and using his finger to point at the reporter, waiting for the first question he would be getting today. As the reporter got their bearing from the bomb-shell they spoke quickly and honestly it was probably the best first question, at least for how quick they had to think it up.

“Even though you never had the opportunity to play a game as an Inferno, what do you keep from your time in the Atlanta organization?” The reporter spoke, and Wiseman just nodded as he shifted in his seat thinking of an answer for them.

“Well honestly, the biggest think I could take away from just being in talks with the Inferno, is how great the culture they have in the locker-room and its a shame I haven’t really been able to fully see what its like during the season. Although I only have good things to say about the organization and GM’s I dont want to waste to much time haha.” Wiseman let out a chaste laugh as he finished speaking, as his eyes shifted searching for the next reporter to call on.

Finding one he pointed them out, and waited for what the reporter had to say. “By testing Free Agency, what are the things that you’re looking for the most in your next SHL home?” Once the reporter fished this one up, Wiseman took a moment to think about it before answering.

“Honestly, I would say the locker room environment. I know being in Colorado is a little spoiling when it comes to a locker room, but hey I will say its one of the best environments I could be in. Although I can’t expect anything exactly the same I know that, a good locker room is the best place to be. Also gotta thank a lot of people in colorado for making it such a great place to be.." Wiseman smiled as he thought about the players he had the pleasure of meeting, and the GM’s/coaches that helped him grow his game. All in all Colorado will always be a second home for Wiseman, due to things more than the cup at least.

Though after a couple more question’s from the reporters, the press conference finally ended and the players that were there finally left. Wiseman as he got off the stage, he smiled and gave his friends a smile and hug before leaving for home and getting ready for the next chapter of his career in the SHL..

[Authors note: I want to thank all of Colorado and Atlanta, for being some really great people and I cant wait to see where I can take Wiseman Smile ]

Nationality: Usa
Trent Wisemen - Raptors
Two-way Defenseman
[Image: image-2023-12-18-232600166.png]
Made by Wasty with love and care!

It's official.
The Goose is LOOSE!

Great media piece!

Xavier Beausoleil
Patriotes
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

Quote:He walked down the steps and made his way to the car, unlocking it and slipping into the driver seat before breathing out a sigh. Starting the car sitting for a moment as his phone connected to the radio, nodding to himself as the music played coming though the car speakers. Singing along to some of the songs before he finally made it too the Colorado facility, slipping out of the car after parking and locking it.

[Image: cinderella-goose.gif]

Xavier Beausoleil
Patriotes
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

Good luck in free agency! Prove those doubters wrong!

[Image: LChpoGG5_o.jpg]

Someone sign this goose right now!

[Image: JUSSI-MUTOU-SPOTLIGHT-450-X336.gif?ex=66...d3ba51b19&]
[Image: 29XRi31.png]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]

Very nice article. I can’t wait for the followup after you see where Wiseman ends up.