Create Account

[PODCAST] Talking 2 N0HBDY [2x First Post]
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2024, 06:32 AM by MikeLiut. Edited 2 times in total.)

https://rss.com/podcasts/talkington0hbdyshl/1582070/

Giving this a go, first episode it titled "First Chance", I go around the SHL and give my thoughts on the league from the perspective of someone still getting to know the place. I make a lot of references to another sim league since I'm more familiar there but otherwise it's just a pretty unorganized jumble of my thoughts in a 25 minute podcast!

Welcome (back)!

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]
[Image: FThunMn.png]

07-25-2024, 03:36 PMN0HBDY Wrote: https://rss.com/podcasts/talkington0hbdyshl/1582070/

Giving this a go, first episode it titled "First Chance", I go around the SHL and give my thoughts on the league from the perspective of someone still getting to know the place. I make a lot of references to another sim league since I'm more familiar there but otherwise it's just a pretty unorganized jumble of my thoughts in a 25 minute podcast!

Lots of questions in that podcast haha! Happy that you give the SHL a try, check your DMs Wink

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
 [Image: 5tu6.png] [Image: bdzv.jpeg]

Heya @N0HBDY 

Grading this pod so felt like touching base on a few of your questions regarding league jobs

Firstly about league jobs, I 100% think you should consider them and try not to talk yourself down/out of it in the future if you see a position that you would be interested in. I'd recommend communicating with the job poster to find out how demanding the job would be time wise and for clarification on any concern you might have, like when you mentioned not really knowing the seriousness and grading rubric of the podcast grader position. I've only had a few jobs on this site, but in my experience job recruiters are more than happy to talk to you more about the job. When you do get the job, they will help walk you through the necessary processes or will have documents clearly outlining how the job functions. Most jobs are also done in teams that will help you through everything. In general, I think the SHL is very generous when you look at pay vs time commitment so for even someone who might be busy, you should still be able to maintain a job well (barring HO or GM type jobs).

As for grading, take what I say with a little bit of salt as I'm a rookie at this, but generally grading is not super strict. For reference, I gave you full credit for all 25 minutes of this podcast. As long as what you're talking about is remotely related to the shl you should be good to go. We do give deductions if you veer off topic for longer periods of time (for example, if you answered the phone during your podcast), but otherwise a minute or two off topic shouldn't take away any of your pay. If you have any questions or concerns in the future feel free to reach out to me or anyone else on the grading team though. And, from what I heard there may be a podcast forum in the future so keep an eye out for that

Really well done for your first podcast here, look forward to more in the future : )