Create Account

It's Official News regarding Hoperle and his new team

[Image: Draftcoveragepicfinal_zpsfd4aa9c9.jpg]
A quick peek into the draft room.Where the Whalers staff are hard at work.

Good evening folks I’ll be your host for tonight. I’m known as the OilcntryRdnK

[Image: Draftpolefinish_zps4fa1f427.jpg]

As expected there was fireworks from the Whalers and General Manager Phil during the NWJHL draft, and when the dust settled on Monday night – Vancouver did make some significant moves during the draft.

[Image: Kimmo+Timonen+2012+NHL+Star+Game+Fantasy...B_8Ykl.jpg]

[Image: WhalersGM_zps32d1fad6.jpg]
Whalers GM's Phil and NathanAD fielding a few questions after the draft

The Whalers traded up and selected with their first round pick Dave Smith, and then the team went on to select Simo Haya in the second. In the third round the Vancouver squad had two picks which they turned into Shawn Swerin and Angelo Cerilli respectively.

With the 21st overall selection in the draft the team took the young hulking center Brady Hoperle, a 6’4 225 pound forward from the local hockey club the Vancouver Spitfire.

[Image: EberlenewshirtFINAL_zpsafa4c91b.jpg]

[Image: newEberleinVancouver_zpscf196b27.jpg]

Hoperle is already extremely large for his age, but he could get even bigger. “I had my big growth spurt after bantam, when I was about 10″ he says, “but I don’t really have very much hair on my face or my chest, so I’m hoping I have another growth spurt in me.”
Hoperle described his game as “honest” and assured the media that he takes a lot of pride in the defensive side of the game.

It looks like they may have picked up a steal in Brady Hoperle. Certainly he represents excellent value that late in the draft.Phil the Whalers Gm had this to say about the young forward.” I'm excited that he fell to us and we could grab him in the fourth round! Steal imo” Although time will play the big factor and decide if indeed Brady was a steal with the 21st selection.
The Whalers picked the massive Center/winger after only a couple days of being around the league.

Now lets take a look at what some other notable media outlets are saying about Hoperle.

[Image: JesseVenturainterv2_zpsb3bffcca.jpg]
ESPN’s Corey Pokemon describes him as “a big man who can skate and handle the puck,” and praises his growth over the past season: “last year, Q scouts I talked too didn’t call him a skill guy… Now there’s little doubt among anyone I talk to whose seen him recently: he’s a skilled player.” Pokemon projects Hoperle as having an inside shot at developing into a bulky, top-six winger – not bad for a guy picked in the fourth round.

[Image: dougnew2_zpsc4b0b7e3.jpg]
Adam Adair VSN Top 30 (which is now the industry standard) told us he is “a somewhat Large-sized centre and is considered one of the smartest offensive players in the draft. He is a better goal-scorer than a playmaker and is an elusive talent when he has the puck. There are some questions about his speed, but he does have quickness, especially in tight situations and one-on-ones.”

[Image: interviewer_zps4767d9a1.gif]
Dan Secordcord describes Hoperle as a player with tremendous “girth” whose “ability to fill the net” sets him apart from most players his age. Hoperle has improved his puck handling, and earns praise for his technique, but it’s his personality that gives him a chance to be an impact player at the NWJHL level. Says Secord via e-mail: “If Hoperle was in a house on fire, he would probably stop in the kitchen to make himself a sandwich on his way out.”

[Image: interviewer_zps4bff2bbb.jpg]
Neil Bailey writes
All the New Vancouver players have a better than average shot at significantly outperforming their draft slot for the Whaler sand maybe none more so than Hoperle. In a salary capped league where parity rules, that could prove extremely valuable down the line. Meanwhile Phil and the rest of the Whalers staff will look to find a few more “draft day steals” to add to the Whalers subtly impressive pool of talent.

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Neil Bailey regularly contributes to the “Pass it to the Blog” log onto vancouvershiner.com

Shortly after the draft concluded Brady Hoperle signed his entry level contract with the Whalers which was reported at 1 year $1.5M. While his teammate Dave Smith landed a 1 yr $2M deal.

I caught up with a few Vancouver fans to see what they had to say about the new Whalers forward Hoperle.

[Image: kelly-brook-underwearwhalersmodel_zpsfc9e4f6c.jpg]
ChillyWilly: “like anyone didn’t see this coming. Local kid, Good signing though and the kid did pretty well again this year”Hope the team can win a cup soon..

[Image: capt_super-soaker_zps242f4d21.jpg]
Supersoaker89:” i hope he keeps playing like he did this year...... if so watch out.”

[Image: whalerfan2_zps38246570.jpg]
Whalerfan4eva:” He had a terrific Junior career - whalers have another good prospect here. Its probably too much to ask to see him make the jump next year, but never know”

[Image: godlyguru_zpsebfe51ad.jpg]
Godlyguru:” im excited to see this guy play some puck with the big club. I’ll be paying attention to this kid in training camp no doubt”

RdNkk: Here’s a comment we were able to dig up out of Detroit via Micky Ramrod

[Image: imagespierre_zps93744e6a.jpg]
Micky Ramrod is a scout and Contributing Editor for the DETROIT Red Line Report. Ramrod says of Hoperle that there is good (“great sniper’s touch. Knows how to find scoring chances. Quick hands. Will take a hit to make a play”)

HOPERLE : Well sure I have a response to RAMROD . “Thank you sir I appreciate the sentiments”

RdNk: Brady that’s not all he said

HOPERLE: Alright I got time for one more comment what else did he say

Micky: Some things that are a concern (“casual player – effort level is never there. Tends to stick to the perimeter”).

HOPERLE: Why that no good son@#$%^beep beep beeping beep that Figures coming from Detroit @#$%^ Beep beep @#$%

Rdnk: We gave Brady a few moments to calm himself and he came back with this response

Hoperle: “I never do anything casual especially on the ice my teammates can attest to that” Has Mr. Ramrod ever seen me play. Well everyone is entitled to their own opinions ”Can’t wait to get on the ice with Detroit”

RdNk: Well that pretty much wraps things up around here. Until next time remember to spay or neuter your dogs and cats, keep your stick on the ice and may all your women be easy and trashy.

This has been a paid presentation brought to you by the Association of the society for MONTREAL PLAYERS HAVE SMALL GENITALS

Good Night Now, Goal Goal Popcorn
</span>

word count to make it easy 1072

I can confirm that Brady was seen out and about last night with Chillywilly, Dave Smith and Ryan.

Why are you so fascinated with the size of my gentiles? I mean you formed a society where you sit around and talk about my junk all day?

That's a lot of cock on the mind. Might want to get some real help instead of your little support group. :lol:

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Quote:Originally posted by malcontentcapsfan@Sep 26 2012, 12:25 AM
Why are you so fascinated with the size of my gentiles?&nbsp; I mean you formed a society where you sit around and talk about my junk all day?

That's a lot of cock on the mind. Might want to get some real help instead of your little support group. :lol:

He has a secret crush on you... Since your one hell of a defencemen.

With all this 'talk' maybe I need to watch my back in the locker room... lol

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

Quote:Originally posted by malcontentcapsfan@Sep 25 2012, 08:25 PM
Why are you so fascinated with the size of my gentiles?&nbsp; I mean you formed a society where you sit around and talk about my junk all day?

He's just trying to raise the public awareness of an apparent issue. :hmph: ... Rolleyes

Quote:Originally posted by TEDDYbear777@Sep 26 2012, 12:01 AM

He's just trying to raise the public awareness of an apparent issue.&nbsp; :hmph:&nbsp; ... Rolleyes
:lol: its not the length of the stick but the curve of the blade that matters, right? :unsure:

Riot Player Page Riot

see below

Popcorn

Quote:Why are you so fascinated with the size of my gentiles?&nbsp; I mean you formed a society where you sit around and talk about my junk all day?

That's a lot of cock on the mind. Might want to get some real help instead of your little support group

Umm not exactly the idea behind the support group,but seeing how the question was raised.After reports surfaced from some undisclosed sources...for the sake of argument we will call them women. Anyway after a poll was released to the public. It read that 84.9 percent of women and one goat were unsatisfied with the performance they received from various Montreal Players while involved in...excuse me clearing my throat COITUS. :D

I mean polls don't lie do they and so a collection was taken up to help the players with the affliction. RdNk is just the messenger here. All we report on is the news and Montreal is apparently news this week.

Donations to the association and this grievous cause can be made in the back alley of your local 7-11.

Rumor has it that there is some new association being formed in Detroit. Not sure what it is at this time as it seems to be taking a little longer to be formed...TBA

Popcorn

Quote:Originally posted by oilcntryrdnk@Sep 25 2012, 09:26 PM

That's a lot of cock on the mind. Might want to get some real help instead of your little support group

Umm not exactly the idea behind the support group.After reports surfaced from some undisclosed sources...for the sake of argument we will call them women. Anyway after a poll was released to the public. It read that 84.9 percent of women and one goat were unsatisfied with the performance they received from various Montreal Players while involved in...excuse me clearing my throat COITUS. :D

I mean polls don't lie do they and so a collection was taken up to help the players with the affliction.&nbsp;

Rumor has it that there is an association being formed for Detroit as well. That one is taking a little longer to be formed...TBA

Popcorn

Cheers Ilike

:lol: its threads like this that make this place fun. :lol:

Riot Player Page Riot

Quote:Originally posted by DaveSmith@Sep 25 2012, 11:45 PM

He has a secret crush on you... Since your one hell of a defencemen.

With all this 'talk' maybe I need to watch my back in the locker room... lol

Blink dont drop the soap dave

Hmm don't think the NiNI read the second part. :facepalm: Oh yeah please be generous when donating to the Montreal cause.

Quote:Originally posted by oilcntryrdnk@Sep 26 2012, 03:31 PM
Hmm don't think the NiNI read the second part. :facepalm: Oh yeah please be generous when donating to the Montreal cause.

Duuuuhnini never reads the whole thread, He just tries to up his post count.

Quote:Originally posted by TEDDYbear777@Sep 26 2012, 06:55 PM

Duuuuhnini never reads the whole thread, He just tries to up his post count.

he'll need to get on my 2500 100 posts a day level doe :ph34r:

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Payment:

Word Count: 1072
Thoroughness/Professionalism: 8/10
Interest: 8/10
Form: 7.5/10

Payment: 400k +50k = 450k

Comments: Congrats on getting drafted. Watch the size of your font especially changing sizes, takes away from the look. Also, watch your spelling and grammar in the thread as it also takes away from the interest/form

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers