Create Account

We Are The Falcons 806 words;3 pictures

<div align="center">FALCONS PRE-SEASON RECAP

Just days after the official NWJHL draft occurred, pre-season was under way and everything had officially began for the juniors. The Detroit Falcons had just come off a cup win and were eager to get going with their new team. As they lost their elite players, they gained new ones through the draft and it showed in the way the team played. In what came as no shock to the team or anyone in the league, the Falcons successfully got three wins and one loss. The one loss came to the Montreal Impact which wasn’t a huge surprise either. Now that pre-season is over the team can continue to focus on regular season, but before we speak about their plans of preparation, we will take a look at the team’s top three players to look out for come regular season.

[Image: 250px-MagnusPaajarviSvensson.JPG]
KASPAR ABRAHAM
GP: 4/G: 5/A: 3/P: 8/+2

“Now even though it seems conceded, I have to speak the truth and my player happens to be the best performer offense wise on the team. Abraham performed extremely well on Team Sweden in the Olympics and did not disappoint when it came to bringing the heat during pre-season. His first game wasn’t the best, only notching one assist despite playing max minutes. The first game was also the team’s only loss, which really didn’t help any situation. Second game in Abraham did step things up but it was still nothing spectacular. By this point in time he had one goal and two assists, which was still far ahead of the competition. The third game of the pre-season is the game that really had him breakout and show the league what he can do. With three goals and his first ever career hat-trick; he was now well on his way to being top five in the point leaders department, but he wasn’t done there. As the fourth game came around, he got his final goal and final assist to ensure that he’d now even be top two in points. With this, Abraham could be a huge threat in the NWJHL and bring the Falcons to another cup win.”

[Image: ice-hockey-player-with-italian-flag-thumb12130644.jpg]
BRANDON DONINI
GP: 4/G: 1/A: 2/P: 3/+2

“Now some of you may be calling me crazy, and I would have thought that I was too, until you look in a bit more to the skill that Donini possesses. Even though I feel he should have been more of a late first, or early second round pick, he surely does back up as to why he was picked so early. He’s got the two way game down pat, he could easily be a defender if he wanted to be, but his offensive skills will grow. It’s unfortunate that he wasn’t able to be some next level breakout star such as myself, but he didn’t need to be because unlike Abraham he played a well-rounded game where as Abraham didn’t do as well defending the puck. The big thing that makes Donini a large threat is simply the fact that he’ll be all over you and won’t get off your case, he won’t give up until everything is done to his liking. On top of this display during pre-season, Donini also showed his skill on Team Italy and again played a good two way game. If he can continue, our goalie will have quite the easy season, but it all depends on how good his work ethic is.”

[Image: markstrom.jpg]
GREGORY THOMPSON
GP: 4/Saves: 113 out of 124/SV%: .903/3-1-0

“A team is only as good as their goalie, and some could argue that the Falcons have a goalie coming down from the SHL, but even with that fact, he hasn’t had any SHL experience as far as I can tell, so he’s just like any other prospect down here right now. The Falcons had the best goalie in both save percentage and ratio of saves to goals scored. Thompson is an elite goalie waiting for his chance in the big leagues, but until then he’s stuck with us, though we cannot complain. The Falcons didn’t have the best goalie last season from my understanding but instead had an outstanding team to support the cup run, this season we have every single piece other than maybe an outstanding defender, but that can be fixed through free agency. If Thompson continues to stay healthy and gets his practice hours in then the Falcons could easily repeat and get another cup, which would be in NWJHL history the most cups won by a single team.”

This article is not to discourage the other players on the team, as they are all valuable and all have a crucial part in making the Falcons a winning team. Until next time however, this is VR signing off, read if you want but you don’t have to. </div>

Abraham trash.

Sorry who are you ?

Quote:Originally posted by vintagerockstar@Sep 28 2012, 01:42 PM
Sorry who are you ?
I guess ignorance goes hand in hand with being irrelevant.

8 points > 4 points
Better defensive play than you, but you're a defender

get on my level, then talk to me Wink

Nice work! Hoping to get Finn Larsson in the lineup soon.

Quote:Originally posted by vintagerockstar@Sep 28 2012, 01:47 PM
8 points > 4 points
Better defensive play than you, but you're a defender

get on my level, then talk to me Wink
Pre-season means a lot.

Quote:Originally posted by bbruin27@Sep 28 2012, 12:47 PM
Nice work!&nbsp; Hoping to get Finn Larsson in the lineup soon.

You're the Falcons wildcard. You weren't in the draft and this is the first time we've seen you play, you'll be up there if you keep up the activity, which I hope you do.

Quote:Originally posted by Jamie@Sep 28 2012, 12:50 PM

Pre-season means a lot.

Yes, it does. If I wasn't updated and I fucked shit up, expect a lot more with me fully updated for regular season.

Ilike

Quote:Originally posted by Jamie@Sep 28 2012, 09:50 AM

Pre-season means a lot.

Un unupdated skills Preseason, Basically just everyone's skeleton skill trees.

Thanks for the mention man. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by vintagerockstar@Sep 28 2012, 01:50 PM

Yes, it does. If I wasn't updated and I fucked shit up, expect a lot more with me fully updated for regular season.
Nah you'll go inactive and recreate.

No mention of Chezno? :hmph:

nice write up...can't wait to play with you once we're fully updated