Create Account

Who Are the Favorites? West Division Adition

The North West Junior Hockey league is running around with their heads cut off for a good reason. Why? We do not have a clear cut favorite after preseason unlike last year! Last year we knew that the Falcons or the Whalers would have been one of the winning teams. This year is way more well balanced, though we have at least three top teams contending this year, three is too many to have in a championship series. Unlike some usual leagues, Preseason comes before training camp that way we can see what we need to work on right before the season, because of that, we again cannot see what will happen, the early picks have not separated from the late round picks due to the fact that they were locked out from training before Preseason, but we will try out best to find out who will be our Favorite :ph34r: !

We Sent Pierre Maguire from "TSN" to scout each team and see where he thinks they will be.

[Image: tsn_ident_2005a.jpg]

Pierre's First Destination out of the great city of Tornto was!

PRINCE GEORGE! He went to preview the Firebirds first!
[Image: pgf10.png]

The Prince George Firebirds earliest pick was at 5th overall, they picked the one and only famous, Emma Watson. Emma is a good scorer but not quite yet, Emma will need a bit more training to be able to live up to that pick, but Emma has the highest potential. Their Next pick was at 11, they picked Ingemar Dahlquist, the "Sweedish Stud" he is a medium sized defender who uses his big body weight to bump people off the puck. He is a big bodied two way defender who will be able to have a good play if he works a bit more on his checking ability so that he could have more of an intimidation factor.

Preseason analysis:
The Prince George Firebirds went 2 and 2 during preseason and that should not come off as a surprise, they did not have too many early picks, and that might have hurt them in this hard to find a gem draft. Edwin Ask will be expected to carry the team on his back they should not get too comfortable with this goalie, even though he is one of the best goalies in the league, you need more than just a wall to win a hockey game.

Pierre then took his beautiful plane to Kelowna to visit the Knights.
[Image: 667airplane.jpg]

Will the Kelowna Knights be better than last year? Can they get worst?
[Image: knight10.png]
The Knights first pick was the 10th overall pick which will be very costly considering that many other teams have top tier picks and very good send downs that could really set the league on fire, but back to our point, the 10th overall pick was the number one goalie in the draft, "Cyan Winters"

Quoted from Taron Scouting Service!
Quote:He is a hard working goalie, and has very good form. One thing he could work on is his reaction time, that is one of the most important things when it comes down to juniors, As long as you react fast to the puck and keep it out of the net, who Cares!

Their next pick at 12th overall was Waldo Cezar Jr.! This is a superior offensive defenseman and was a steal for the Knights from what we have seen. He has awesome scoring ability for a defenseman but could also move the puck and keep control of it for a long while. He is a 2nd Generational NWJHL/SHL player. He is also a great skater and could blow right past the forwards of the other team after he reaches top speed which he could do quite quickly. Expect a "Drizzy Drake" type player in Waldo Cezar Jr.

Preseason Analysis

From what we have seen, they do have great potential, though goalies cannot put the team on their back, they could surely help. Also Alicia Keys could be a super big steal and it looks as if they have made sure that they will not be wasting picks during the draft. Expect the team to be about equal to the Knights during their late season/Playoff run. With good quality forwards a good offensive defenseman, and a great goalie, expect a team that if they find their match - up they will definitely win the game that they are playing.

Pierre then went to his last destination, VANCOUVER; he went to the Whalers facility and some preseason games.
[Image: nwjhlb10.png]
One key question coming out of Vancouver is, how will they be able to up last year’s regular season? Will we ever win a championship? Why do we keep on getting constant steals? Those answers we will leave to you, but on a serious note, the Whalers have assembled yet another seriously good roster. With the defense lead by Logan Valentine a member of last year’s historic team and as a send down looks for vengeance on the rest of the North West Junior Hockey League and wants to become a champion for the first time in his NWJHL career. Let us talk about their first pick which they took, and let us listen to the call.
Quote:And the 6th Overall Pick of the Vancouver Whalers in the S10 NWJHL Draft is....

Dave Smith, From Italy

Dave Smith is a very well balanced player who is still trying to fine his strength. He has very good potential and that could have been why he was drafted to early. Though he is starting to become a bit more of a scorer he is good on every single side of the puck and is a very physical player and looks as though he is a bit of a "poor" Brandon Donini.

Next was Simo hayha, he was drafted 9th overall and it is no shocker considering he is one of the best players out there. Simo Hayha is a great passer which is about the polar opposite of Dave Smith, will they become one of the better tandems in the league since Ivo Willems and Chad Levassuer, and may I say, they were both Whalers. Hayha reminds us a bit of a Smirnov Light type player, why? He is a great passer, skater and really good on face offs coming into the league. Will he be able to lead his team to the championship? We are yet to find out.

Preseason Analysis:

One of the most notable part about this team was the shade of the S9 NWJHL Whalers. May the "8 to 1" game speak to measures to you, it spoke to us. Will the Whalers be just like last year? It looks as if though, the Whalers are definitely one of the favorites coming into the year. One part of their game where they should work on is their defense, if they shutout the other teams they win each game, and with such a good league offensively, if they can shutdown teams then they will win because not many teams have good defense.

Division Thoughts:
What can we say? The Whalers are the favorite and it is nothing new. The Firebirds and Knights are always hungary teams though and look for them to be coming up from behind and look to try to overthrow the former great Whalers back into the losing area after the championship Run.

We Wish the West Divison lots of Luck.

That is all from TSN's coverage of the west division, Coming Soon is the East divison? Who are the favorites there? is it more competative then the East? Are there any better prospects there? Should we be watching them closer? Will the Falcons repeat? Will the team with the most amount of high picks be the best from the 3? We will all find out later.

From TSN and Pierre Maguire good bye.

Code:
1,312 words
2 pics

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

You didnt even mention Shawn Swerin, Brady Hoperle and Anglo Cerilli but hey I mean I guess you can't make Vancouver seem unfair or anything.

Quote:Originally posted by pointforwardtex@Sep 28 2012, 09:19 PM
You didnt even mention Shawn Swerin, Brady Hoperle and Anglo Cerilli but hey I mean I guess you can't make Vancouver seem unfair or anything.
Lol. I mentioned just 1st two picks in depth.. And by then I was itching my mosquito bites a lot and couldn't focus

Quote:Originally posted by pointforwardtex@Sep 28 2012, 09:19 PM

He didn't want the Whalers to look better, so when you guys get swept in the season series you can just say "well, we were SOOOOO much worse".

Tongue

Lol I'm not lying though.. Or else it would've been 1 2,000 word article

Ilike great read....can't wait for the east division

Quote:Originally posted by Donini13@Sep 28 2012, 09:27 PM
Ilike great read....can't wait for the east division

So we can can confirm youre team for the 1st overall pick next year? I can't either Tongue

Quote:Originally posted by RehnX@Sep 28 2012, 09:23 PM

He didn't want the Whalers to look better, so when you guys get swept in the season series you can just say "well, we were SOOOOO much worse".

Tongue

Even if you win you guys have a roster full of the two scaries words in college basketball One and Done

Quote:Dave Smith is a very well balanced player who is still trying to fine his strength. He has very good potential and that could have been why he was drafted to early. Though he is starting to become a bit more of a scorer he is good on every single side of the puck and is a very physical player and looks as though he is a bit of a "poor" Brandon Donini.

How rude!!!!!!!! LOL

I always said I was gonna be an all around stud of a forward that can do everything.... Watch out when I can apply my +12 from my broadcast :D

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

Quote:Originally posted by pointforwardtex@Sep 28 2012, 09:29 PM

So we can can confirm youre team for the 1st overall pick next year? I can't either Tongue

:ph34r: oh the things i have to say to this right now......

anyways our 3-1 preseason says otherwise and the season series that we will easily sweep also tell a different story Wink

[Image: rsz_5u10.jpg]

you may leave now

Quote:Originally posted by Donini13@Sep 28 2012, 09:35 PM

:ph34r: oh the things i have to say to this right now......

anyways our 3-1 preseason says otherwise and the season series that we will easily sweep also tell a different story Wink

[Image: rsz_5u10.jpg]

you may leave now

I know man that 3-1 default overalls pre-season really showed me whats up whatever shall I do? Didn't you and Dave Smith score the same amount of goals in the Olympics oh you did! Wait what, so did I? And lets not even mention Rehn Miller, compared to you Rehn looked like a saint.

Do East next

[Image: kesler.gif]
[Image: vgIymom.png]

Quote:Originally posted by kesler17@Sep 28 2012, 09:42 PM
Do East next

Nah, first get at dat South Division.

Quote:Originally posted by pointforwardtex@Sep 28 2012, 10:39 PM

I know man that 3-1 default overalls pre-season really showed me whats up whatever shall I do? Didn't you and Dave Smith score the same amount of goals in the Olympics oh you did! Wait what, so did I? And lets not even mention Rehn Miller, compared to you Rehn looked like a saint.

I also had more points (2) in preseason while his Scoring was 10 points higher than mine Tongue (Donini not Miller - I didn't review Miller's stats)

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

I think every topic ever is going to create drama now.

:lol:

I love it.